Ownership Review: Polo 1.2 TDI Comfortline Diesel (100K Crossed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #61
Re: Ownership Review: Polo 1.2 TDI Comfortline (Diesel)

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\

True, its due to something coming in b/w inside the doors.
Well, since I travel most of the time in A/C, I din't find it as a problem!
I think it might be due to design of rear door which accommodate the rear tyres. Notice the large semi circle in rear door which will surely eat into the space of glass.

Yep we also rarely lower the window in city, but when you are in hills and want to enjoy the lovely wind and view to fullest you will surely miss this :(

Is it there in the Highline? [surprise]
Yes it got Multi function display (MFD) which also display temperature, fuel average and other common vitals of the car.

you found the rear seat comfortable. I really didn't like it.
Its too stiff IMO!
Yep compare to my M-800, Wagon-R and I-10 very comfortable.
Rear seat is also not bumpy/bouncy and you will not feel claustrophobic while sitting in rear if compare to other cars in this segment.

That's a nice car you are having[clap] and it looks nice in white

Thread Starter #63

That's a nice car you are having[clap] and it looks nice in white
Thanks gdave, yes German looks stunning in white i am also fan of red Polo this color too suits Polo quite well and makes it different from crowd in traffic.

350Z

Core Team

Hey ToughGuy, I know it’s slightly late but congratulations and that’s a wonderfully composed ownership review. I have a couple of quick questions:

- From which dealership you bought this car?

- What location is that in 4th image? (Looks too familiar to me).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #65

Hey ToughGuy, I know it’s slightly late but congratulations and that’s a wonderfully composed ownership review. I have a couple of quick questions:

- From which dealership you bought this car?

- What location is that in 4th image? (Looks too familiar to me).

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks a lot 350Z, waiting for your post for a while.

Here are the answers of your above queries:

- I purchased it from VW-Delhi (West), World class automobiles pvt ltd located at Moti Nagar

- I think you are talking about Puja pics, it was taken at temple located in Laxmi Bai Nagar (a central government staff colony near INA market Delhi)

Regards

Hey ToughGuy,

Are you noticing a hum from the power steering.? I began to notice a really audible hum while parking my polo 1.6 into the garage. And I'm pretty sure it was from the steering.

I read somewhere that it could be a problem with the suspension. Any guesses on this.?

And do you keep the seat belt locks and the baby seat belt under the seats for city driving, I am noticing some kind of squeaks and light noises, guessing its because of the seal belt locks. I am getting really concerned. I bought a Volkswagen and I'm hearing squeaks and sounds and hums. :( :(

Hey ToughGuy,

Are you noticing a hum from the power steering.? I began to notice a really audible hum while parking my polo 1.6 into the garage. And I'm pretty sure it was from the steering.

I read somewhere that it could be a problem with the suspension. Any guesses on this.?

And do you keep the seat belt locks and the baby seat belt under the seats for city driving, I am noticing some kind of squeaks and light noises, guessing its because of the seal belt locks. I am getting really concerned. I bought a Volkswagen and I'm hearing squeaks and sounds and hums. :( :(
I took an early morning drive around 5 30 am. Put the seat belt locks above the seat. And went over a few bumps and pot holes at normal speed. Wanted to identify where the sound was coming from.

If felt like something from the rear left door. So parked the car. Turned on the music system. Increased the bass and the door rattle was clear. There was a clear difference between the sound coming from the other 3 door speakers and this door. When I held the door plastics/panel by applying some pressure on it while playing some bass-y songs, the rattle reduced. So I guess the rear left door is where the problem is then. Phew.! At least I know what the sound is now.

Now can this be fixed or will I have to live with it? Any idea guys?

Thread Starter #69

I took an early morning drive around 5 30 am. Put the seat belt locks above the seat. And went over a few bumps and pot holes at normal speed. Wanted to identify where the sound was coming from.

If felt like something from the rear left door. So parked the car. Turned on the music system. Increased the bass and the door rattle was clear. There was a clear difference between the sound coming from the other 3 door speakers and this door. When I held the door plastics/panel by applying some pressure on it while playing some bass-y songs, the rattle reduced. So I guess the rear left door is where the problem is then. Phew.! At least I know what the sound is now.

Now can this be fixed or will I have to live with it? Any idea guys?
Not heard anything like that till now, also i kept all rear seat belt open.
I suggest you to contact your designated service advisior you will find his visiting card in leather pouch (card holder pocket) which also contains car manual, tell him the problem and let's see what his takes.

Congrats on your new POLO>>>>How is the power?what about TURBO LAG?
Thanks anilntny, car is running fine and i feel 1.2L 3 pot is more than enough for Polo she handles baby quite well in city traffic no lag if you hover around 2K mark anything less than that will have to wait till turbo kicks.

In second gear car pulls herself quite well even on flyovers with 5 passenger onboard so overall it's fun to drive her in city. Yet to hit the highways but i am confident she will perform there too, amazing high speed stability.

@gemi chin, even I can here a sound, but this is a different case. It's coming from the rear suspension. It can he heard only when the suspension springs work. Its a small sound & can be heard only when the engine is off. I'm a bit concerned on it even if my father is not!

Congrats to start with, amazing german beauty you have and this is what we have in common.[clap]

1) No power windows switch illumination, not even for driver window
2) No one touch up/down power window feature
Even I hate the fact that the window switches are not back lit.
Imagine I have the Highline and I dont even get the Rear window switches.
Do you plan to do something , radium stickers :stupid:

Hi Toughguy,
I just test drove Polo 1.2 and amazed by its looks. Well, i was informed by the sales guy that the music player which comes by default doesn't have AUX-IN. But, in one of the photos of your Polo, you have mentioned about its presence. Can you please confirm it? Its is the major down which is letting my decision to look for others.
Hey monisab2003, do look at this
Belkin TuneCast Universal for iPhone & iPod | eBay

Hey ToughGuy,

I think seat belt locks are having some manufaturing defect.
Buckle in and then without pressing try to pull the seat belt you will hear some tick tick. Never experienced this type of quirkness in any car.
VW you need to do something about this
My car has just done 500 kms and I hear some rattling from left side under passenger seat. I am taking the car to VW moti nagar world class automobiles. I hope they rectify my problem. Also the gear box mount has already been changed in my 3 weeks old car. [surprise] Full ownership review in some time

Last edited by a moderator:

hey ToughGuy.
Nice review buddy. love the passion with which you write stuff :)
I own a Aug2010-1.2 P Deep Black - Highline myself and love it like my life
Hope my wifey doesnt see this. ;)
I've done about 17K on my polo.
Went on a 700km drive the second day of ownership on NH5 :)
Hit a top speed of 159.5 till date and still exploring roads to hit 162!

Coming to the lights, i've heard of one more feature "parking alert"
Turn on the vehicle, set the turn indicator.
Leave indicator in that position and torn off vehicle.
Exit the vehicle and lock.
U'll see that the pilot lights are on, useful for indicating other drivers that ther's a vehicle parked, esp in dark lanes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #73

Congrats to start with, amazing german beauty you have and this is what we have in common.
Thanks Poloman, saw your handle on another forum too are you the same poloman?

Even I hate the fact that the window switches are not back lit.
Imagine I have the Highline and I dont even get the Rear window switches.
Do you plan to do something , radium stickers
No radium stickers my last two cars had also don't have anything like this not even power windows so i am use to it. Also window switches are perfectly located in Polo you can access them easily in dark.

Did they also play from pendrive? I think we can connect iphone or ipod directly to aux port, older Polo owner with no aux in can opt for this option.

I think seat belt locks are having some manufaturing defect.
Buckle in and then without pressing try to pull the seat belt you will hear some tick tick. Never experienced this type of quirkness in any car.
VW you need to do something about this
My car has just done 500 kms and I hear some rattling from left side under passenger seat. I am taking the car to VW moti nagar world class automobiles. I hope they rectify my problem. Also the gear box mount has already been changed in my 3 weeks old car. Full ownership review in some time
Not observe this will check, everything seems fine as of now vehicle is running fine crossed 2K mark with no hiccups.

hey ToughGuy....
Nice review buddy... love the passion with which u write stuff :)
I own a Aug2010-1.2 P Deep Black - Highline myself and love it like my life
Hope my wifey doesnt see this. ;)
I've done about 17K on my polo.
Went on a 700km drive the second day of ownership...on NH5 :)
Hit a top speed of 159.5 till date....and still exploring roads to hit 162!

Coming to the lights, i've heard of one more feature...."parking alert"
Turn on the vehicle, set the turn indicator.
Leave indicator in that position and torn off vehicle.
Exit the vehicle and lock.
U'll see that the pilot lights are on, useful for indicating other drivers that ther's a vehicle parked, esp in dark lanes.
Thanks a lot vamsuduk, highway ride must be fun yet to take my Polo on any long trip outside city.

Nowadays my wife is also complaining that i am obsessed with my car.

parking alert discover this feature accidentally, one day i locked my car with turn indicator and saw the small light in co passenger side headllamp glowing i thought something went wrong with electrical system and called service center then they told me about this feature.

I remember one winter morning i forgot to turn off the small lights of my wagonr headlamps, later in the afternoon i had to jump start the car from other battery [frustration]

Last edited:

Thanks Poloman, saw your handle on another forum too are you the same poloman?
You are welcome. No I am not on any other forum!

No radium stickers my last two cars had also don't have anything like this not even power windows so i am use to it. Also window switches are perfectly located in Polo you can access them easily in dark.
But I miss them in my highline. BTW I got it for OTR 5.96 with mudflaps, car mat, Body care package and Perfume. Hows the deal?

Did they also play from pendrive? I think we can connect iphone or ipod directly to aux port, older Polo owner with no aux in can opt for this option.
No Just aux in, this is for the petrol highline owners like me. paisa pay via ebay. Will try test it and recommend for others but I think this would work fine. I trust Belkin products.
You get aftermarkets chinese products having SD card reader , USB etc worth rs300 but they are useless crap. NEVER BUY THEM

Not observe this will check, everything seems fine as of now vehicle is running fine crossed 2K mark with no hiccups.
Please check and tell me :please:
younger bro having polo TDI trendline
so i have both petrol and diesel polos at my disposal [clap]

I remember one winter morning i forgot to turn off the small lights of my wagonr headlamps, later in the afternoon i had to jump start the car from other battery [frustration]
Try turning the cabin lamp on and lock the car it will turn off after you lock the car. Our POLO knows no one is there. Intelligent ECU Setting

But I miss them in my highline. BTW I got it for OTR 5.96 with mudflaps, car mat, Body care package and Perfume. Hows the deal?
Poloman, Congrats for the beauty.

Yours is highline petrol, for which 5.96 OTR is too less. Are you sure about this?
If yes then I would really like to know the break-up. I got mine for 6.53 OTR from Noida after availing 40k discount that was on offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom