Ownership Review: Polo 1.2 TDI Comfortline Diesel (100K Crossed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ownership Review: Polo 1.2 TDI Comfortline (Diesel)

Look closely in your right tail lamp, in the area where the reverse light should be. It will have a red tinge. that's because it has a red rear fog lamp within it. To activate it, pull out your headlamp switch by one notch... yes, pull it out but dont break it! the rear fog lamp is ON - TA DAAA!
Oh. Thanks for sharing it mate! My car is 4 months old & I am knowing it now only.
But when I turned it on, it looks just like the park light. Is it so? Can't make out the difference b/w both coz both are doing the same stuff.

Yep completed above 800Km in last ten days, mileage is same yet to hit the highway will check it soon!

Fuel average depends on the individual driving habits and traffic condition, you will surely get good mileage if driven lite footed i am driving cars for last ten years which includes both city and highway drive. I had driven above 3L (approx) on four wheels and this is my fourth car [:)]
Oh, your driving is a FE one [:D].

Average Fuel efficiency till date: 17.51 KM per liter of diesel

Above drive was for office commute only in Delhi's bumper to bumper traffic.

That's amazing in first 10 days what say?
The polo doesn't have a run-in period. That's what I heard, but I hope the mileage will increase when the kilometres on the odometer increases.
Anyways, 17kmpl is very good & I am sure you will get around 21-22kmpl in highway!
Good Luck & Drive Safe.

And looks like you are about to test the highway skills of the car. Trust me, its so good that you will love your car more than now. The car is very stable at high speeds & sails smoothly on the road. [:)]

Thread Starter #47

Hi Toughguy,
I just test drove Polo 1.2 and amazed by its looks. Well, i was informed by the sales guy that the music player which comes by default doesn't have AUX-IN. But, in one of the photos of your Polo, you have mentioned about its presence. Can you please confirm it? Its is the major down which is letting my decision to look for others.
Aux in is available in all 2012 manufactured models which have integrated music system. In Petrol only Highline and in diesel Comfortline and Highline comes with integrated music system. My Polo is Comfortline diesel with Aux in.

But when I turned it on, it looks just like the park light. Is it so? Can't make out the difference b/w both coz both are doing the same stuff.
You will surely feel the difference during fog, they are quite brighter and gives good visibility to other driver tailing you in foggy condition.

The polo doesn't have a run-in period. That's what I heard, but I hope the mileage will increase when the kilometres on the odometer increases.
Anyways, 17kmpl is very good & I am sure you will get around 21-22kmpl in highway!

Good Luck & Drive Safe.

And looks like you are about to test the highway skills of the car. Trust me, its so good that you will love your car more than now. The car is very stable at high speeds & sails smoothly on the road. [:)]
Thanks jihu123, lots of highway drive plans in pipeline including the Leh trip [:)]

Oh. Thanks for sharing it mate! My car is 4 months old & I am knowing it now only.
It is supposed to be brighter but as you said, in Polo, you cant really make out the difference.

Hello..Toughguy...Congrats on your polo..well it is quite amazing to see that tank full in diesel cost you only 14-15 hundred bucks :) nice :)...
Toughguy can you please throw some light on the cabin ambience (like air quality+that diesel smell inside of the cabin) of polo diesel, because i think most of the people who are buying polo petrol are certainly not aware of these facts !!!

You will surely feel the difference during fog, they are quite brighter and gives good visibility to other driver tailing you in foggy condition.
ok, I hope so!

Thanks jihu123, lots of highway drive plans in pipeline including the Leh trip [:)]
Wow. Good Luck with that. [thumbsup]
I always wanted to plan a Leh trip but I am too far away!

It is supposed to be brighter but as you said, in Polo, you cant really make out the difference.
+1. Me & my dad, both couldn't make out the difference! [:)]

Thread Starter #51

Hello..Toughguy...Congrats on your polo..well it is quite amazing to see that tank full in diesel cost you only 14-15 hundred bucks :) nice :)...

Toughguy can you please throw some light on the cabin ambience (like air quality+that diesel smell inside of the cabin) of polo diesel, because i think most of the people who are buying polo petrol are certainly not aware of these facts !!!
Thanks niteshscorpy, yep tank capacity of Polo is 45L and at Delhi diesel sales price of Rs. 40.91 per liter you have to pay Rs. 1840.95 (approx) to fill the tank :)

Cabin is super silent you will surely feel that you are driving diesel, acoustics are well managed with very low noise of engine coming inside the cabin good insulation though you will hear good amount of engine noise when you are outside but compare to other available diesel cars in India it is quieter. Also i think after the first service engine will calm down more in terms of noise. Driven mostly petrol cars for last one decade but driving a diesel car is more fun surge is addictive.

Yet to smell any diesel inside the cabin even with windows rolled down, that's a good sign.

Last edited:

I am getting 18km/l in Delhi's bumper to bumper traffic and yet to hit the highway!
Total diesel filled today in liters: 34.71 Liters. Average Fuel efficiency till date: 17.51 KM per liter of diesel.
Above drive was for office commute only in Delhi's bumper to bumper traffic. That's amazing in first 10 days what say?
That's splendid mileage on b2b traffic. I'm sure it should fetch atleast 22Km/ltr on the highway.

The mileage of the car definitely depends on the driver. Sedate driving can surely bring some magical numbers.

Wish you miles of happiness with the Polo. Great choice!

Thread Starter #53

That's splendid mileage on b2b traffic. I'm sure it should fetch atleast 22Km/ltr on the highway.

The mileage of the car definitely depends on the driver. Sedate driving can surely bring some magical numbers.

Wish you miles of happiness with the Polo. Great choice!
Thanks Avindu, at the time of purchase i was not sure whether i will get this kind of fuel efficiency though i heard that German diesel cars are fuel efficient.

I was only sure about the Fiat's DDIS diesel engine which are giving fuel average of above 20Km/l to my friends.

its so true [thumbsup]! Once you start driving diesel for a while, then you feel like petrol vehicle lacks power.
It is also true that when you drive Diesel cars for a while. You cannot make out the difference between a already started Petrol car [lol](100% fun intended).

Thread Starter #56

its so true! Once you start driving diesel for a while, then you feel like petrol vehicle lacks power.
You are right.

It is also true that when you drive Diesel cars for a while. You cannot make out the difference between a already started Petrol car (100% fun intended).
That's for sure [lol]

I wish we have more wide and empty roads in Delhi with higher speed limits to have free run [glasses]

Hi ToughGuy,

Just finished reading your thread. The number of pics and your reviews and comments really does tell a lot about the car and how much you love it.!
I must say that I'm quite shocked by the difference in the OTR prices between Bangalore and Delhi. About 60k to 70k difference. That's a lot. Good for you guys who stay in Delhi. Really envy you guys for this reason alone.
And also that you guys can drive to Leh. I can't even imagine about a drive from Bangalore. All the best for the trip to Leh. Come back with loads of pictures and please do write up a travelogue if time permits. Trip to Leh has been my dream ever since I got to know about that road.
And awesome FE man. You must be a great driver to extract such mileage. I am still learning the art of driving like that.

Hearing a lot about cars nowadays don't need to be run in. Is it true.? Are you running-in your car or trusting the car companies?

Thread Starter #58

Hi ToughGuy,

Just finished reading your thread. The number of pics and your reviews and comments really does tell a lot about the car and how much you love it.!
I must say that I'm quite shocked by the difference in the OTR prices between Bangalore and Delhi. About 60k to 70k difference. That's a lot. Good for you guys who stay in Delhi. Really envy you guys for this reason alone.
And also that you guys can drive to Leh. I can't even imagine about a drive from Bangalore. All the best for the trip to Leh. Come back with loads of pictures and please do write up a travelogue if time permits. Trip to Leh has been my dream ever since I got to know about that road.
And awesome FE man. You must be a great driver to extract such mileage. I am still learning the art of driving like that.

Hearing a lot about cars nowadays don't need to be run in. Is it true.? Are you running-in your car or trusting the car companies?
Thanks gemi_chin for such lovely words, i m just a novice there are lots of Gurus and Mahagurus around us.

If i got my car registration from Haryana then would be able to save more due to lower taxes.

Yep being from North it's a advantage you can hit mighty Himalayas anytime :) but we all know our country is so beautiful each state got their own share so don't worry.

VW cars or say all newage cars don't require run in period nowadays. VW already complete engine run-in at their factory but still for first couple of thousand km i m quite easy on acceleration and stick to around 2-2.5K rpm mark.

Thread Starter #59
Ownership Review: Polo 1.2 TDI Comfortline (Diesel)

Crossed 1300KM mark today

Amazing is the word which may somewhat describe my feelings, buying this car is certainly one of the best decision of my life till now. I am extremely satisfy with the car till date fuel average is beyond expectation for me. Based on my ride in last two weeks in city traffic i would like to highlight the few likes and dislikes of my car:

(Below comments are for comfortline diesel variant as feature differs from variant to variant)

1) Exceptional ride and handling
2) No bumpy ride, extremely comfortable rear seat sedan like ride quality
3) Tilt and telescopic steering proved quite useful for me
4) Good sound quality from stock stereo
5) Gear shift indicator which suggest gear position and indicate current gear position
6) Good fuel efficiency and surge of diesel

Dislikes:

1) No power windows switch illumination, not even for driver window
2) No one touch up/down power window feature
3) Rear doors window glass roll down till half only
4) No fuel average stats in comfortline variant, though getting data about the possible km from available fuel
5) No usb port, missing it badly
6) Painful ingress and outgress compare to my Wagon-R or I-10

IMG01272-20120220-2115.jpg

Odo pic was taken on 20th Feb 2012

Last edited:

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\

3) Rear doors window glass roll down till half only
True, its due to something coming in b/w inside the doors.
Well, since I travel most of the time in A/C, I din't find it as a problem!

No fuel average stats in comfortline variant, though getting data about the possible km from available fuel
Is it there in the Highline? [surprise]

2) No bumpy ride, extremely comfortable rear seat sedan like ride quality
you found the rear seat comfortable. I really didn't like it.
Its too stiff IMO!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom