Ownership Review of Volkswagen Polo (P) Highline - Candy White

Thread Starter #77
Shailinder, you are making a big mistake by not taking it to workshop. Please don't take it lightly.
I did Rightnow last Thursday and out come was very shocking. They cleaned the area near the air filter as it was not clean at the time of service on 28th Dec'14. Though they changed the air filter during the service [surprise].

I bashed them very hard and screwed the new year feeling out from the old service advisor (28th Dec).

Thanks for the feedback friends.

Thread Starter #78
Hi Friends,

I have a concern and probably the only place I would get some peace of mind is TAI (as always). I am planning to shift to Bangalore by Sep end or Oct starting. I would like to take my Polo along.

I have few questions on which I need your support:

1. My car is still under HP by SBI bank.
2. I do not want to change my number. (At present Delhi number)
3. How do I get the road worthiness to drive it in Blr.
4. What should be the process ? Mine is a 2014 Petrol (H) model.
5. How much road tax I have to pay without changing the number ?
6. Should I drive it down to Blr from Delhi or send it via carrier service provider. What would be the process of sending it via carrier service provider ?
7. How much road tax I have to pay if my car’s invoice cost is let us say Rs. 6.20 lakhs ?
8. What do you suggest I should check before I start the process of shifting ?

Anything else which you think is important but I am unable to forecast as of now.

Thanks in advance as always. [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
3. How do I get the road worthiness to drive it in Blr.
Although you are not transferring the car Shailinder but still for driving in any state other than Delhi (in your case) would suggest you to get an NOC from the concerned RTO.

4. What should be the process ? Mine is a 2014 Petrol (H) model.
If you have any friend or Family who on your behalf can go and ask the procedure from the Delhi RTO about this NOC, it would be nice. RTO would be best to inform the correct process for obtaining the NOC.

5. How much road tax I have to pay without changing the number ?
It is charged as per purchase value of the car. I had to once buy OPTRA from Haryana, so asked about road tax in Noida from RTO, he told me Rs. 40,000 based on new car's value as Rs. 7.5Lac

6. Should I drive it down to Blr from Delhi or send it via carrier service provider. What would be the process of sending it via carrier service provider ?
If you love driving you may drive it all the way. But sending by carrier would be easy but would take some time to reach. If you want to hire an independent carrier then you can ask any packer and mover agency. Also some OEM car containers too offer these services but I suggest hire an independent one. Cost should be around 20 to 30K (you can re-confirm).

7. How much road tax I have to pay if my car’s invoice cost is let us say Rs. 6.20 lakhs ?
should be around 20-30K.

8. What do you suggest I should check before I start the process of shifting ?
Do take pictures of the car prior to loading. Do not leave any original documents in the car. Provide the container driver with RC Xerox and Insurance Xerox if needed. Do not provide keys to them. Try being present at the time of loading and unloading of car. Keep in constant touch with driver.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #80
Although you are not transferring the car Shailinder but still for driving in any state other than Delhi (in your case) would suggest you to get an NOC from the concerned RTO.

If you have any friend or Family who on your behalf can go and ask the procedure from the Delhi RTO about this NOC, it would be nice. RTO would be best to inform the correct process for obtaining the NOC.

It is charged as per purchase value of the car. I had to once buy OPTRA from Haryana, so asked about road tax in Noida from RTO, he told me Rs. 40,000 based on new car's value as Rs. 7.5Lac

If you love driving you may drive it all the way. But sending by carrier would be easy but would take some time to reach. If you want to hire an independent carrier then you can ask any packer and mover agency. Also some OEM car containers too offer these services but I suggest hire an independent one. Cost should be around 20 to 30K (you can re-confirm).

should be around 20-30K.

Do take pictures of the car prior to loading. Do not leave any original documents in the car. Provide the container driver with RC Xerox and Insurance Xerox if needed. Do not provide keys to them. Try being present at the time of loading and unloading of car. Keep in constant touch with driver.

Regards

Akash
Thanks Akash for the information.

But now I have some more questions, one of my friend took his Swift from Gurgaon to Bangalore and paid only the road tax (I do not know the amount). Now he is free to drive his car in Bangalore and if anyone asks him. He just show them the receipt and that is it.

NOTE: His car was also under HP from HDFC bank but he neither informed bank nor took any NOC from them while he was going to Bangalore.

Is it possible in my case as well ? Moreover, is there a possibility to give annual road tax rather than paying the entire life time road tax at Bangalore ?

People from Bangalore would be able to suggest more but others are also requested to assist and tell me the procedure if i opt for annual road tax thing.

Please suggest.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Akash.

But now I have some more questions, one of my friend took his Swift from Gurgaon to Bangalore and paid only the road tax (I do not know the amount). Now he is free to drive his car in Bangalore and if anyone asks him. He just show them the receipt and that is it.
Dear Shailinder, NOC is required to be just extra sure from your end. Road Tax receipt is fine enough though.

NOTE: His car was also under HP from HDFC bank but he neither informed bank nor took any NOC from them while he was going to Bangalore.
Bank NOC is given once loan is paid in full. Till the EMI is being regularly paid by car owner it is not necessary to inform about the location of the car.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #82
Hi All,

As some of you are aware that I am in Bangalore from quite some time with my car. Read a small discussion on following thread

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...e-3rd-apr-16-need-suggestions.html#post494873

Now, time has come for my Polo's servicing. I need your advice on the VW workshops here in Bangalore. I am planning to take it at Elite Motors, Hosur road. Some opinions and point of contact would go a long way. Prior appoint is required or sudden morning visits would be welcomed :)

Meanwhile, I am leaving you with some random road drives I had...

Remote roads of Karnataka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxN3XSiCO44

Casual drive on NICE road. Very over hyped road on quality front. Frankly, it is too bumpy.. (Video speed is set at 4x)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3XHp0B6iNI

Recently, visited Wayanad, Kerala. Soon I would be sharing some road videos here. Please share your candid feedback on these videos, so that I can better them :)

Thanks in advance n take care

Last edited:
Hi Shailinder,

Anand here from Bangalore,
Nice ownership review, read all the pages. The black wheels and seat covers are all well matched.

About servicing:
I would suggest you to get an appointment booked before visiting them. Also you can contact the MD Mr.Singh, in case you face any major service issues. They own a chain of ford, Honda & vw outlets. Also long back I had been to their outlet near Garuda mall, it was a chaos back then.

Let's have a meet sometime soon.

Thread Starter #85
About servicing:
I would suggest you to get an appointment booked before visiting them. Also you can contact the MD Mr.Singh, in case you face any major service issues. They own a chain of ford, Honda & vw outlets. Also long back I had been to their outlet near Garuda mall, it was a chaos back then.

Let's have a meet sometime soon.
Thanks Anand.

I have already booked my appointment for Tuesday i.e. 30th Aug with Elite Motors. I would try and be in touch with Mr. Singh if required.

As far as meet is concerned, ya we should plan something. I was away from TAI for a very long time and not sure when was the last meet happened in Blr. [:)]

Hi All,

As some of you are aware that I am in Bangalore from quite some time with my car. Read a small discussion on following thread

Casual drive on NICE road. Very over hyped road on quality front. Frankly, it is too bumpy.. (Video speed is set at 4x)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3XHp0B6iNI

Thanks in advance n take care
Hope you're having good time in Bangalore, there's more service centers in the vicinity of electronic city itself, DAS auto I suppose is one of them.

NICE ring road was one gem when it was introduced quite time back because it was a private road and was asphalted very well, but now they have left the road with concrete flooring due to high maintenance cost of Asphalt because of the trucks plying in the roads.

Sometime back when the road was just opened to the public, NICE road had Hamilton playing his F1 in that roads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILwzJB7Nqqs

Thread Starter #87
Hope you're having good time in Bangalore, there's more service centers in the vicinity of electronic city itself, DAS auto I suppose is one of them.
Thanks Vishwas.
I did not know about Lewis Hamilton thing before. Good for GK though.

This DAS Auto is authorized by VW ? Because I checked at VW site and it was not there couple of days back. I could only see four centres in Blr. One of them is Elite Motors, Hosur Road.

Please confirm.

Thanks Vishwas.
I did not know about Lewis Hamilton thing before. Good for GK though.

This DAS Auto is authorized by VW ? Because I checked at VW site and it was not there couple of days back. I could only see four centres in Blr. One of them is Elite Motors, Hosur Road.

Please confirm.
I guess the DAS auto tag is removed from VW, You could try giving it for service in elite motors itself, My cousin used to work in Bangalore motors Rajajinagar but this seems far for you.

here's the lead for 7 service stations, unfortunately all are far from electronic city except for Elite.
Volkswagen Service Center in Bangalore | Location & Address of Volkswagen Workshop / Service in Bangalore

Thread Starter #89
I guess the DAS auto tag is removed from VW, You could try giving it for service in elite motors itself, My cousin used to work in Bangalore motors Rajajinagar but this seems far for you.

here's the lead for 7 service stations, unfortunately all are far from electronic city except for Elite.
Volkswagen Service Center in Bangalore | Location & Address of Volkswagen Workshop / Service in Bangalore
I did not know that DAS Auto wala info...Thanks again for that.

Ya, I checked this list and all of them were far of from Bannerghatta Road (I stay). Any first hand info for Elite Motors ?

Though, Anand gave a lead in previous post. [:)]

Top Bottom