Ownership Review of Volkswagen Polo (P) Highline - Candy White

Thread Starter #1
When my office shifted to Manesar and we (with my friend) had to travel on our own to reach there. We got an opportunity to avail company bus service but we opted out though did not receive any benefit other than time saving.

Anyway, during that time I was targeting a used Baleno and wanted to put a CNG kit. But thought otherwise because the Delhi – Manesar road via old Gurgaon was in a pathetic state (still some part is in the same old state). People who used this road might agree with me.

Those who are not aware, I have a MS Zen Estilo 2007 model and already covered some 1,03,500 KMs and still going strong (touchwood).

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-shopper/2193-best-hatchback-long-term-use.html

First choice:
So, during the course of 3 years (YES 3 YEARS) I shortlisted many cars. I started off with Fabia Skoda Fabia India - YouTube
and above ad did a magic for me and I wanted to buy Fabia just for the interior quality it offered and for the reverse gear.

Ahhh! It was awesome when you slot that reverse gear or anybody wants to test drive your car and do not how to reverse it.

But later on I read about horror stories about Skoda and decided to wait before making a move.
Kept my eyes on Oct’10 facelift launch and thought of booking it. But then again stuck with some family matters and had to drop the idea.

Again in 2012 around May-Jun, hunt for a hatch started (I always wanted a hatch because they are more practical. At least for me.) and I checked Fabia again but the interest in was lost and I was about to book a Punto around Jun’12 because of diesel prices and discounts I was getting but could not because the day I was supposed to go for the booking. I got a letter from my builder that take possession of the flat within 30 days and dropped the idea few hours before booking.

Later, I figured out that diesel would not make much sense to me as it will be virtual saving and to make it effective I need to really shall out a lot from my pocket on a regular basis.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-definitive-petrol-v-s-diesel-calculator.html

Above thread cleared my doubts. Hence, interest shifted from Diesel to Petrol.

Second Choice:

Searched a lot about i20 because Punto = MJD else no Punto “Period”. But Hyundai dealers are carrying a different attitude which I did not like at all but still wanted to give it a sincere try.

I planned to book / buy i20 (P) Sportz as ABS was a must feature for me. I enquired from a many dealers in Delhi around Diwali time and they were too busy to revert on call. Visited couple of dealers but they were not treating me as a customer and I decided that there is no point banging my head on the same door and feel insulted. So I dropped the idea and thought of booking it in Dec’13 / Jan’14.

December, was way too eventfull on professional front and I could not realize that I need to book a car. In Jan’14, dealers did not have Sportz (P) model by 4th or 5th Jan…sshhh !

Third & Fourth Choices:

So, I moved to my 3rd choice Swift ZXI but again no MS dealer was having ZXI model or I did not explored much. My 4th choice was Polo and just a casual discussion in Jul’13 started off again around 9th-10th Jan’14 and I booked Oct Polo’13 in 21st Jan’14.

Ha ha ha, you might think that I am crazy person. Haan haan mein crazy hu.. Because I did not want a Wagen R or Santro or i10 or cars in this category because I already have a Zen Estilo. [:)]

I think, I was destined to have a VW Polo. Because it is from the same family and offer same engine type with out horror stories (fingers crossed), read Fabia. I read numerous reviews and what not before finalizing Polo.

I test drove all the cars mentioned above numerous times and at least at three different locations. Even, dealers have saved my number and started complaining that you always ask for the price but never close the deal. (SMILE)

During the course of booking and closing the deal. I started following thread and sought advice from people on how to go about it. Earlier I booked a red Polo (P) HL and later changed to white. Missed on negotiating AMC

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...booked-volkswagen-polo-hl-p-white-2013-a.html

Quoted OTR earlier (Delhi) - Rs. 6,88,000/-
Discount - Rs. 50,000/-
Corp Discount - Rs. 5,000/-
Actual OTR - Rs. 6,33,000/-

Further negotiation and cancellation and more negotiation ended up at Rs. 6,18,000/- [:)]

I opted for zero dep insurance and had to pay Rs.6,000/- for that and at the end THE FINAL OTR was Rs, 6,24,000/-.Total discount Rs. 70,000/- because I have taken zero dep effective discount is Rs. 64,000/-.

Freebies -

• Door mat,
  • mud flaps,
  • car cover,
  • Winder wisers or rain wisers,
  • Door sil plates.
  • Build quality,
  • German car,
  • Driving Position,
  • Quality of all switches and knobs better than segment.
  • Cockpit like interiors,
  • Blue tooth enabled music system and steering mounted controls,
  • AUX, SD and USB features,
  • Noise insulation within cabin,
  • Auto AC (though not yet used it)
  • Big boot,
  • Nicely designed glove box in quality is also very good.
  • Ample or sufficient back seat leg room,
  • Tilt and telescopic steering,
  • Bucket type seats (at least front ones).
Dislikes:
  • Diesel like clatter,
  • ground clearance,
  • internal rear view output or visibility (poor),
  • noisy OEM tyres – JK, Apollo etc.
  • Front wipers (needs to be put in service mode) difficult to clean.
  • Headlight seemed inadequate for highway even in city also throw is not very good. Bulb change is in the pipeline (Please suggest).
  • Beige color carpets (Oh God, how am I going to keep it clean) would be tough to maintain. How are 3D carpets (Any cheap but effective brand - Not like Kagu etc. Too expensive)
  • Hump in middle of floor. Not much of an issue for me though but whenver there would be a 5th person in car. I will face problem.
  • Rear view almost nil when two passengers are seated on rear bench. Head rest at the back also hinder visibility to a large extent.
That will be all from my side.

Thank you very much for your time and support during the course of buying this car. Now, I am adding few pictures and add more later.

Till date I have covered some 800+ kms and satisfied with the performance. Not much into "kitna deti hai" as of now but it should be around 13-14 I guess.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Ownership review of VW Polo (P) HL - Candy White

Note: Thread Now Live. Congratulations!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5
Friends,

I forgot to update that I had changed the stock tyres from JK 185/60/R15 to Michelin 185/65/R15. Just 5mm increase as Michelins were not available in 185/60/R15.

Ride quality have increased considerably and tyre noise have reduced drastically.

Thanks

Thread Starter #8
Hi,
Congratulations on your New VW Polo. Really its a good discount on your Purchase.
A Good Negotiator only can avail this benefits [:)]..
Congratulation for the new purchase.
Thanks Ambylovers & Amit.

Well, I do not know whether I am a good negotiator or not but still I would take it as a compliment and thanks for that.[:)]

Congrats Shailinder for acquiring the ze zerman!
Have plenty of safe miles, enjoy the new ride.

I will keep an eye for regular updates and service costs especially.

Thread Starter #10
Congrats Shailinder for acquiring the ze zerman!
Have plenty of safe miles, enjoy the new ride.

I will keep an eye for regular updates and service costs especially.
Thanks Iron Rock. I will keep this updated as much as possible. Today while coming back from office I crossed 1000 KM mark. Would share a picture I took during that time.

Meanwhile, I am planning to go for LED headlights or tube like they use in Audi's.

Somthing like this or may be little different. Anybody, please suggest. Moreover, would it void the warrenty ?

Polo LED.jpg

Congrats sir! it looks smashing. i think white is the next sexiest color after red. it looks so beautiful. I am also planning for a Polo but Diesel but have ample experience in Polo P. Enjoy it to the best!

Thread Starter #12
Congrats sir! it looks smashing. i think white is the next sexiest color after red. it looks so beautiful. I am also planning for a Polo but Diesel but have ample experience in Polo P. Enjoy it to the best!
Thanks Type-r,

You are right white is the second best after red. But at the same time white and silver are sobre colours and most of us would not get bored by these colours very soon but with other colours ?

Congrats shailinder for your new Candy white Polo. The pics of your car are really beautiful. Yes agreed with type-r that Flash red has to be the best shade on the Polo, but white seems to be the next best option. Hope you have a wonderful ownership experience with your new car. Keep us updated with the car's performance and the mods you plan to do on her in the future. Happy motoring.[drive]

Thread Starter #14
Congrats shailinder for your new Candy white Polo. The pics of your car are really beautiful. Yes agreed with type-r that Flash red has to be the best shade on the Polo, but white seems to be the next best option. Hope you have a wonderful ownership experience with your new car. Keep us updated with the car's performance and the mods you plan to do on her in the future. Happy motoring.[drive]
Thanks GM88

Well, as of now I am planning to change the head lights but from where I would get a better deal and would it void the warrenty or not

Thanks GM88

Well, as of now I am planning to change the head lights but from where I would get a better deal and would it void the warrenty or not
I would reckon that you go fot the GTI headlamps as they come standard in the European version and installing them should not be a cause of warranty issues. Still to be on the safer side consult your dealer before going ahead with it.

You can ask IDE Autoworks in New Delhi about these headlamps. Here are the contact number - 9717498343 | 9910027535. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom