Ownership Report - Mahindra Xylo

Thread Starter #31
Very nicely maintained Denom. I like Xylo in dark shades, and this color too suits the car. BTW why have you removed the wheel caps?
I like the look without them stupid wheel caps, without them the xylo looks more 'Butch'

Actually looking for a good set of Alloys but the darn size of the wheel pcd is not common & hence it is not an easy fit for any of the alloy wheels available off the shelf. Am told by the alloy wheel dealers that they will get some for the xylo soon, but then they have been saying this for over a year now [sleep]

Wow denom, thats looking superb.
You have maintained it very well.
Thanks, always love my vehicle to be looking good, wash her myself most of the times when I have time, it takes me a good 2 odd hours doing so

But thats pathetic the cover of handbrake has already cut.
And what is the other spot something has cut.
tell me about it![frustration] have been after the damn dealer to get me the replacements ever since I bought the vehicle. the other part you are referring to is a small plastic garnish insert that fits on the dashboard on the left side below the steering wheel

ilango[speed thirst];59583 said:
Nice pictures.

the scratches in 2nd picture is nothing , it can be removed easily , the paint is not affected.

And good , non money minded painter , or painting company or some modifiers must help you for sure .
Have just the kind of guy at hand, he specializes in teflon coatings & has been pestering me to let him work his magic on my xylo. Will ask him to get to it

Its just heartbraking when all these scratches turn up every now & then, people just love to scratch others cars esp small kids, who i feel like spanking the crap out off

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Denom were these pictures clicked recently? I mean , man your car is looking great! Hmmm but i din like your car without the wheel caps.

Those scratches looks minimal to me and could be removed , i have removed even worser scratches from my car![;)]

Have just the kind of guy at hand, he specializes in teflon coatings & has been pestering me to let him work his magic on my xylo. Will ask him to get to it[:)]

Its just heartbraking when all these scratches turn up every now & then, people just love to scratch others cars esp small kids, who i feel like spanking the crap out off[anger]

I am a bit kinda against teflon coating.
that holds good only for some years may be 1 or 2 , after that it spoils. regular polishing will help , even for 15+ years.

get the help of teflon guy to remove the scratch without teflon coating the car,

@Denom:
Why don't you shoot a mail to customer care.
customercare@mahindra.com

Mention your Chassis no, And contact no, Rest assured you will get those parts .

Thread Starter #35
Hey Denom were these pictures clicked recently? I mean , man your car is looking great! Hmmm but i din like your car without the wheel caps.

Those scratches looks minimal to me and could be removed , i have removed even worser scratches from my car!
the pics were clicked yesterday after her 'bath'[lol]

thanks for the compliment

i like the look sans wheel caps [thumbsup]

i know they can be removed, but they just keep reappearing in the way of new ones

ilango[speed thirst];59662 said:
I am a bit kinda against teflon coating.
that holds good only for some years may be 1 or 2 , after that it spoils. regular polishing will help , even for 15+ years.

get the help of teflon guy to remove the scratch without teflon coating the car,
am not going in for teflon coating, yeah teflon coating is a tempo solution(most of the so called teflon coating done by the 'experts' is BS!), nothing like a good cream/liquid polish. the teflon guy is a polishing allrounder, who will use the non-teflon coating polish to get the scratches out.

@Denom:
Why don't you shoot a mail to customer care.
customercare@mahindra.com

Mention your Chassis no, And contact no, Rest assured you will get those parts .
thanks for the suggestion, am shooting one off as of now.

Last edited by a moderator:
am not going in for teflon coating, yeah teflon coating is a tempo solution(most of the so called teflon coating done by the 'experts' is BS!), nothing like a good cream/liquid polish. the teflon guy is a polishing allrounder, who will use the non-teflon coating polish to get the scratches out.

Exactly what i mean.
Ask him to give a full polish using meguirs products - its amazing. mostly they must use them else a 3M product , both meguirs and 3M are same company - sister concern

good review and well kept car but i dont know why will someone sell off innova and buy xylo when quality difference is clearly noticable (except features etc.) with some cool alloys your xylo will start looking best..[thumbsup]

ilango[speed thirst];47120 said:
14 on a xylo is great ,

we have a driver here who says he got 20 kmpl in his xylo . i don't know how to believe him.
15-16 on N.H 80 % of a/c
11-12 on local 80 % of a/c

Top Bottom