Ownership Report - Mahindra Xylo

Hey good report Denom. Please post some pictures of your car buddy!

And a FE of 14kmpl even after such speeds is amazing!

Thread Starter #19
ilango[speed thirst];47120 said:
14 on a xylo is great ,

we have a driver here who says he got 20 kmpl in his xylo . i don't know how to believe him.
He must be pushing it most of the time [lol]
The mileage I got was on the highway trip, in city its usually between 10 & 11 kmpl.

Thread Starter #21
finally getting down to writing on my xylo, post 7000kms!!

yes, only 7000 after being owned for over a year & half, due thanks to my work travels, barely get to drive the vehicle!

So far she runs well, gives a 10-11 kmpl mileage in city, am quite satisfied with the overall performance & comfort on offer.

Positives:-

1) Big car feel for amount paid, vis a vis 'C' segment cars on offer

2) Nice power on hand for long runs/highway mile muncher.

3) Roomy Interiors afford luxury of relaxed travel

4) Twin A/C comfort for all passengers

5) Nothing major going wrong until now

6) Cheap to run & maintain so far so good!

Niggles / Irritants :-

1) Gearbox operation especially 1st to 2nd during cold starts a pain in the as*

2) Windshield Washer Reservoir Leaking resulting in water draining out(need to get it fixed!)

3) Fallen off dashboard trims yet to fitted/handbrake lever gasket yet to be replaced as dealer still sleeping on the issue!

4) Power steering Reservoir leaking oil/collecting dirt outside, due to excess pressure build up

5) Scratches galore a pain to get rid off, find new scratches added each time I park the vehicle out (jealous people!) Not technically a fault but irritating none the less!

6) Brake Squeal getting louder by the day, need to get the front brake pads cleaned!

7) Door rattles from left side, various squeaks from engine bay(notable as they were present from day 1)

Would like to hear from other Xylo owners on their experiences so far!

Will post pics shortly.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
Had been noticing the poor flow of air from the A/c vents for sometime, decided to get the AC serviced today, called up the mahindra authorised workshop asking for

1) Time taken
2) Cost
3) Quickest Appointment date available

Here is the reply I got from the workshop:

1) leave the vehicle by 0900 hrs & will try to complete jobs by 1830 hrs the same day

2) 3000/- for servicing + parts replacement charges if any required @ cost. After hanging up got a call from the service advisor to inform me that 3000/- is charged for Logan & actually its 4700/- for xylo/scorpio

3) 1 week from today was earliest appointment available

Seeing the rig marole that I will have to go through, decided to call my old acquaintance who runs a exclusive vehicle AC repairs shop, he offered to immediately accomodate my vehicle today itself with time taken for servicing estimated as 2 1/2 hrs, charges would be 2000/- inclusive of Gas Top Up.

Swung by his shop, got the AC serviced, paid 2000/- & time taken was actually around 2 1/2 hours. All in all, got the job done as per my satisfaction, paid half the amount than quoted by the authorised workshop & best of all got it done in much shorter span of time than the authorised workshop, that too under my supervision(unlike in authorised workshops where you are made to sit in waiting room or go home)

Moral of the Story, time & money saved!

PS: Observed the whole service procedure & found out that save for gas charging, rest of the service could have been done by myself @ home! Its that simple![:)]

@ Denom:
Till now for my Scorpio , I have never been charged for AC services.
Inspite they are doing it for free.
Last time AC was checked in Mahindra 70 point checkup camp.
Till now its chilling to core, no problem with the AC of Scorpio.

Your reports are dead without pics, there is no use of posting unless you post the pics of your ride.

@ Denom Well yeah its a known fact that A.S.S charge more than outside. What was wrong with your AC actually? For what Rs.2000 was charged?

Thread Starter #26
@ Denom:
Till now for my Scorpio , I have never been charged for AC services.
Inspite they are doing it for free.
Last time AC was checked in Mahindra 70 point checkup camp.
Till now its chilling to core, no problem with the AC of Scorpio.

Your reports are dead without pics, there is no use of posting unless you post the pics of your ride.
Then your having it good for getting Free AC servicing. No such luck here.

Dude, will post the pics of the vehicle, PLS STOP WITH THE ATTITUDE, OK?
-----------Next Post-----------
@ Denom Well yeah its a known fact that A.S.S charge more than outside. What was wrong with your AC actually? For what Rs.2000 was charged?
The AC Blower + filter + condensor were choked with muck. Plus got the AC gas topped up. Was charged for opening/cleaning & gas charging, my earlier post mentioned all of this. Hope have cleared your query.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27

SCRATCHES GALORE!

PLASTIC TRIM OF DASH STLL NOT AVAILABLE!

RUBBER GASKET AROUND HAND BRAKE STILL NOT AVAILABLE!

Very nicely maintained Denom. I like Xylo in dark shades, and this color too suits the car. BTW why have you removed the wheel caps?

Wow denom, thats looking superb.
You have maintained it very well.
Even i had thought of going for Java Brown with Hawk.
But in the long run , i cannot get rid of these scratches.
That made me go for Silver.
But thats pathetic the cover of handbrake has already cut.
And what is the other spot something has cut.

Nice pictures.

the scratches in 2nd picture is nothing , it can be removed easily , the paint is not affected.

And good , non money minded painter , or painting company or some modifiers must help you for sure .

Top Bottom