Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - 20,000 Kms Completed

Thread Starter #152
I forgot to mention here . Recently one friend form other forum did a Vbox testing on my Manza in chennai. My car gave timing of 13.8 secs of the 3 runs done. It was better than Fiesta and pulse tested that day. Both are lesser power vehicles

Last edited:
Thread Starter #154
Today I went to the Concorde motors and SA told car is ready for delivery.

Job card Entries:
1) Irritating rattling noise from under the dashboard. the noise is very horrible when going over rough roads. Over smooth road negligible noise.
Took test drive. noise was negligible. Not like before. So I accepted instead of wasting more time

2) Wheel rotation to be done. SA told that after doing wheel rotation Alignment and balancing will be done which is not free and Its chargeable. Is it so??
Done. Alignment also was done. He told Balancing was not required .

3)4th Service - estimated cost -
Oil, fuel, air filters change.
Oil change - Now TML have changed the recommended oil. Now they use Petronas brand's semi-synthetic oil .
Done this.

Expenses - Rs. 4807 . Breakup in the attached image.

Here its mentioned Synthetic oil from Petronas and price was 401 / litre. I wonder whether its synthetic . But grade given 5W40. For semi-synthetic/mineral oil also will these grade be used.

4) Recently shield got bent and touching gearbox and horrible sound while driving. Told to straighten the shield so that it doesn't touch gearbox.
Done this. Now no noise coming

Apart from these reported problems they solved below form their observation.

Indicator auto-cancel was not working. So changed the unit under warranty.

Overall the service was better this time than before experiences at Ambattur Concorde. The SA was also nice.

Attachments

@Rudolf , petranas rate is 401 Rs/lit , and total oil cost in the bill is 1522, so it seems aprox.4 lit oil is filled in .

During my 20k km servicing total oil used was 3.2 lit. So I am confused.[confused]

Does this mean my TASS men did not emptied the oil chamber properly?

Rudolf, charging separately for alignment is valid and normal.

I too experience under dash rattle on rough road early in the morning for half hr., latter on it disappears on its own.As of now it is not very irritating.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #157
@Rudolf , petranas rate is 401 Rs/lit , and total oil cost in the bill is 1522, so it seems aprox.4 lit oil is filled in .
Rs.401 is without 14.5% VAT. If VAT is included it will come to Rs.1522.

During my 20k km servicing total oil used was 3.2 lit. So I am confused.[confused]
The quantity filled was 3.3 Litres. These guys fill as they like . Last time they filled 3.5 lt. But actually recommended in Manual is 3.2 litres.

I too experience under dash rattle on rough road early in the morning for half hr., latter on it disappears on its own.As of now it is not very irritating.
Explanation he gave was, the dash has 3 separate pieces inside. So rattling is bound to happen over time. When I said about toyota doesn't have these kinda problems. He accepted TATA is trying to improve and it will take time. We cannot compare with Toyota as they are long time in this industry and TATA is recent entry into passenger vehicles like last 15 yrs.

Rs.401 is without 14.5% VAT. If VAT is included it will come to Rs.1522.

The quantity filled was 3.3 Litres. These guys fill as they like . Last time they filled 3.5 lt. But actually recommended in Manual is 3.2 litres.

Explanation he gave was, the dash has 3 separate pieces inside. So rattling is bound to happen over time. When I said about toyota doesn't have these kinda problems. He accepted TATA is trying to improve and it will take time. We cannot compare with Toyota as they are long time in this industry and TATA is recent entry into passenger vehicles like last 15 yrs.
That is a very lame excuse from TATA/TASS. I will also check on that semi-synthetic oil when my car goes for next service.

Please report your FE after this service/ new oil.

Thread Starter #162
I think they have screwed the alignment. Now my car steering vibrate very horribly if i go more than 100 kph. I could not hold steering at all. The things done were Tyre rotation and Alignment. But the SA told the Wheel Balancing was not required and did not do. Will the problem be due to balancing not done or alignment not done properly.

Before this the steering will be rock steady even at 150+ speeds. Now at 100 itself it starts vibrating badly. What you guys suggest should I again go to Concorde and tell them to check or go to any good proivate tyre shop and do the alignment. My question is what is the reason for this steering vibration over 100 kmph speeds. IS it problem of alignment. Does it make sense to go to some other tyre shop or fix this in TASS.

I think they have screwed the alignment. Now my car steering vibrate very horribly if i go more than 100 kph. I could not hold steering at all. The things done were Tyre rotation and Alignment. But the SA told the Wheel Balancing was not required and did not do. Will the problem be due to balancing not done or alignment not done properly.

Before this the steering will be rock steady even at 150+ speeds. Now at 100 itself it starts vibrating badly. What you guys suggest should I again go to Concorde and tell them to check or go to any good proivate tyre shop and do the alignment. My question is what is the reason for this steering vibration over 100 kmph speeds. IS it problem of alignment. Does it make sense to go to some other tyre shop or fix this in TASS.
Always do wheel balancing and alignment at external reputed tyre shops. You might go back to Concorde, but no guarantee that they will do it correctly this time. So save time and see elsewhere. Members in your city will be able to suggest options.

Also steering vibration at ~100 km/hr is typical wheel alignment and balancing issue.

Top Bottom