Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - 20,000 Kms Completed

Thread Starter #136
Re: Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - 10,000 Kms, 1 Year Completed

Yesterday I had gone to MANDAI area in pune, it is always b2b traffic there, found that the clutch is very hard, while changing to reverse gear engine was making noise unless I floor the cluth very hard.
Today, I have given the car for ARB bush replacement and clutch problem. SA said that he will update me on clutch problem .I will do same here.

@rudolf, please update here earliest about clutch and ARB bush, so that tommorrow If can reach well informed at the NAW pune workshop to check the work done by them.
@Tornado: The SA called me on 6th and told to give the car for service for the suepnsion noise as parts arrived. but he told this may take 2 to 3 days. as i was travelling Chennai on friday 9th , i did not want to take any chance. So i told i will hand over car for service during 20 th when i return to Bangalore.

Re: Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - 1+ Year, 12,000 Kms Completed

I got the front suspension (ARB bush) and cluth work done, details on my thread.

Any way , Happy Diwali to you and TAI.

Thread Starter #138
Re: Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - 1+ Year, 12,000 Kms Completed

My car's left ORVM broke. By a Force traveller staff vehicle of some company. I was driving in chennai and I was going towards porur from Ambattur. This happened just 2 kms before the porur signal. I was going on the right most lane , the guy was overtaking me from left and cut to right without judging whether his vehicle has crossed me. His tail hit my left ORVM and also scratch in bumper. He stopped and i also caught hold of him and had some argument. He was not ready to give any settlement for the damages. I went to near police booth to bring some TP and no one was there. He gave his number and in-charge number and also noted the vehicle number. He told if you want complain and file case blah blah. I was going for a auspicious function and I did not want to spoil my mood and dont want to go for those overhead work. I let it go.

Same ORVM was already broken by a biker in Bangalore 1 year before. The incident happened in last year November month by by the biker guy from wrong side. Below is the details of jugaad work i did an year before and posted in the GH forum :

Last edited by a moderator:

@rudolf, sorry to know the incidence. Even if police comlaint is lodged, it is difficult and time consuming to keep the follow up.Is it possible to lodge a comlaint byat post?
I agree , it is costly affair to replace they ORVM.So if DIY job is enough to serve the purpose, don't replace it.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #140

I dropped the car at KHT motors 19th Monday for the suspension noise and hard clutch problems reported. SA said delivery will be on 20th yesterday.

Received call yesterday from SA. They were checking suspension , steering etc.. for removing the noise. Even if they dont solve teh problem , hoping that they dont create new ones.. .

Took delivery of the car yesterday evening.

They change the struts and then still noise was there. So they changed steering rack and they say noise is disappeared. When I test drove I also noticed that that kind of noise was not there . Have to keep in observation.

KHT also proved they were no lesser in fleecing. The parts changed was steering rack and power steering oil. SA told that oil will be charged Rs.439. I protested that because of a defective rack changed in warranty the oil had to be changed so why should I bear the cost. He also argued . I argued that he did not get approval from me before changing oil and I stood my ground and told if this rack also goes bad and again every time warranty replacement i have to bear cost and what QC is being done in TATA... blah blah. I told that i will discuss with SM and CRM etc.. So he told he will discuss with manager and then get back. They delivered car. he told he will give bill tomorrow after discussing whether the oil charge can be waived.

My doubt is it ok to have taken delivery without getting the bill ??

My another doubt is will they have used the same old Oil and say that its replaced new and charge me??

My doubt is it ok to have taken delivery without getting the bill ??

My another doubt is will they have used the same old Oil and say that its replaced new and charge me??
It is completely Ok to take the delivery of your vehicle without the bill.stick to your ground make sure you don't pay the money for oil replacement since it had to be done due to poor quality parts.

about the replacement oil one can never be sure.

What about the hard clutch,? What did they done?
Did you enquired about ARB bush?

Thread Starter #143

What about the hard clutch,? What did they done?
Now it fells some what lighter compared to before. They clenaed the clutch fork and some lubrication.
Did you enquired about ARB bush?
This is already done during month of june in KHT motors.

Re: My Buying Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet

Mine is Feb 2011, & I have driven 11 new manza due to my left pulling problems & last one I drove was sept 2011 batch I never witnessed this clutch pressing feature in that at least but you never know tata may have added this feature but I am not sure, I know 1 guy who has jan 2012 batch manza I will ask him.

here are my rpm/speed readings
1st gear @2000 rpm speed is 16km
2n gear @2000 rpm speed is 28km
3rd gear @2000 rpm speed is 42km
4th gear @2000 rpm speed is 60km
5th gear @2000 rpm speed is 80km
dear gypsy;
The fluctuations in engine rpm depends upon these factors i think,
1.the topography of road
2.pay load on car.
3.tyre presure.etc

Thread Starter #145

i m Using the Coido Air pump for filling air in my tires. Normally I check pressure using michelin digital gauge 2 weeks once. For 2 weeks the reading goes down 3 psi. normally 3 weeks once I fill air. Its been difficult as everytime i had to turn off key to cut power to the pump. So i did a DIY by fixing a switch in between to control.

Attachments

Thread Starter #146
Fourth Service update - 20175 kms completed

Time for the 4th Free Service.
Odometer : 20175 kms
20 months complete.

To day I left my car in Concorde Ambattur for the 4th service.

Job card Entries:
1) Irritating rattling noise from under the dashboard. the noise is very horrible when going over rough roads. Over smooth road negligible noise.
2) Wheel rotation to be done. SA told that after doing wheel rotation Alignment and balancing will be done which is not free and Its chargeable. Is it so??
3)4th Service - estimated cost - (rs 5000)
Oil, fuel, air filters change.
Oil change - Now TML have changed the recommended oil. Now they use Petronas brand's semi-synthetic oil (500 / lt). I asked that last time its was 5W40 Castrol edge used. SA told that for service cost reduction TATA changed the oil.
4) Recently shield got bent and touching gearbox and horrible sound while driving. Told to straighten the shield so that it doesn't touch gearbox.

Will update after getting delivery of the car.

You are running exactly at TATA estimated usage 20 months=20K kms[:D]

Please let me know the exact bill after the service is done, as my 3rd service is due soon.

Thread Starter #148
You are running exactly at TATA estimated usage 20 months=20K kms[:D]
Yes I recently noted that my average running /month is hovering around 1000 kms/month. When buying car in 2011, seeing the price difference at that time (~Rs.30), I thought buying diesel would be wise even if running is like 600 Km/month. Being diesel and lesser visits to fuel pumps, made me use more and my running has come to 1000 kms/month

Below are some stats from my fuel log

Attachments

i m Using the Coido Air pump for filling air in my tires. Normally I check pressure using michelin digital gauge 2 weeks once. For 2 weeks the reading goes down 3 psi. normally 3 weeks once I fill air. Its been difficult as everytime i had to turn off key to cut power to the pump. So i did a DIY by fixing a switch in between to control.
Is your air pump still working? How long does it take to inflate one tyre?

Top Bottom