Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - 20,000 Kms Completed

Re: Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - 10,000 Kms, 1 Year Completed

These guys are trying to take you for a ride.

The cost of oil is only around 3400 rs in Bangalore - Should be cheaper in Chennai. I remember it was around 500 rs more than what autosafari paid. But the oil was of different brand.

1, Service interval for checking of brake and brake lining is 20,000 kms - unless you have some specific problem with the brakes.

2, Air filter elements has to be cleaned every 5000 kms and replaced only during the 40000km service - unless you are using the car in highly dusty condition. Cleaning air filter is a easy DIY.

3, AMC can be taken at any time. The advantage of taking it before the Oil change service is that the cost of the oil will be covered. In fact, Prerana, advised me to take it before the 20,000 kms service as I will benefit - the cost of oil/oil filter/ fuel filter.
In my manza (3rd /10 k km service done at NAW TASS Pune on 30, may 2012) ,5 w 40 oil cost wasRs 2702+ vat Rs 337 , for 3.2 lits. (synthetic castrol professional Edge)

No 'brake service' was adviced.

Air filter element' change' was neighter advised nor changed by the SA.

What is AMC ?

AMC is Annual Maintenance Contract. If you take one, all repairs/services/oil changes/part replacement will be free of charge.

It however does not cover the tyres/battery and value added services.

Thread Starter #123

Yesterday morning, I left the car at KHT motors for the suspension noise. In Concorde motors last month they diagnosed the problem due to weak hydraulic unit. They noted in the bill as "Front RHS stud oil leak". but no part available. Mentioned this in KHT motors. Lets see how they solve this problem.

Also asked to do a estimate of the dent repairing in the LHS above headlights

========

Went in evening to pickup the car. No surprises. The problem remains unsolved. This TASS again did same analysis and diagnosed that the RHS stud and bush has problem. But no oil leak. They also say no Parts available. The SA told he will call by tomorrow once parts available. And will fix problem by this weekend.

Again the boot door noise appeared. But they told this cant be solved. It happens in 1 in 50 cars . Says that its common Have to make a complaint in TATA grievance website

Thread Starter #124

For last month or so I have been driving more in city roads. Whenever I drove on highways did not realize that the clutch was so hard because of less usage. After recent driving in traffic roads felt much pain in leg after lots of clutch usage. Felt clutch to be too hard. Is it similar in your cars also. @HR, tornado, autosafari

I am used to it. So I cannot comment if it is hard or not. As far as it being painful in city - I haven't felt any pain in city driving.

I will be testing my friend's Ertiga later in the evening. Then I can compare and let you know.

For last month or so I have been driving more in city roads. Whenever I drove on highways did not realize that the clutch was so hard because of less usage. After recent driving in traffic roads felt much pain in leg after lots of clutch usage. Felt clutch to be too hard. Is it similar in your cars also. @HR, tornado, autosafari
Clutch feeling is normal in my car.

{Just a suggestion:
In Bangalore traffic, I would suggest you to be in 2nd gear. It will help moving in 2nd gear with an rpm of around 1400 than pulling in 3rd gear with a less rpm, say 1000 and applying clutch frequently.

If you are in lower gear and maintain 1400 rpm, FE should be better than pulling at low rpm at higher gear. Also less strain for the engine.

You can overcome the difficulty due to turbo lag also by doing as above}

At the time of 5 kkm servicing , CRM Naw TASS drove my car for few meters and asked me wheather I get pain in left leg in b2b city night traffic,. I said ' no'. He asked me to check it as he felt that the clutch is hard.

Few days later, being conscious about it, I started feeling some pain. I took it to NAW TASS PUNE, CRM had left the job. New CRM called a mecanic who said that it is normal.

Still I feel some discomfort in b2b but I attribute it to lack of exercise on the part of me.

Yesterday, one SA took td of my car after tyre rotation, he didn't said anything.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #128

Sometimes I felt that adjusting the seating positionmay solve the problem. I moved seat more front so that pressing clutch would be easier. It was a bit easy compared but my kne was hitting dashboard. Thats problem. I enquired about this to some Vista owners in GH forum. They also said teh hard clutch is known problem in vista/manza. But in 2012 model its light /soft clutch. Any 2012 manza owners pls comment about it.

I enquired about this to some Vista owners in GH forum. They also said teh hard clutch is known problem in vista/manza. But in 2012 model its light /soft clutch. Any 2012 manza owners pls comment about it.
May be true for old Vista. It seems the clutch is light in new Vista (sedan class Vista - which looks like a Manza) from Sept 2011.

My car is Feb 2011 model (first batch of new Manza).

Assume that Manza clutch is normal.
You need to check it at TASS if you feel a hard clutch.

May be true for old Vista. It seems the clutch is light in new Vista (sedan class Vista - which looks like a Manza) from Sept 2011.

My car is Feb 2011 model (first batch of new Manza).

Assume that Manza clutch is normal.
You need to check it at TASS if you feel a hard clutch.

Yes You are True Autosafari,

My Sedan class Vista(2012) has a light clutch, I feel my days friend's Vista (2010) has little bit hard when compare to My Vista.

Thread Starter #131

Last week, I got call from Gokul, the SA in KHT motors that the parts have arrived and told me to book appointment and come. But I was busy and also the KHT mmotors reception phone was busy most times and could not book. Again he called yesterday and he himself booked appointment for me and tomorrow I m taking the car for changing the parts in suspension. Hope this solves the problem. First time I m meeting one good SA in my TASS experience

Also will complain about the Hard clutch and tell them to check it

Re: Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - 7700 Kms Completed

If IC show Odometer or Trip A, the DIS shows AVG FE of Trip A

If IC show Trip B, then the DIS shows AVG FE of Trip B.

There is no way we could see the Overall FE of the Odometer reading. It can't can be reset.

If we reset trip A, Trip B or press SET button for 3 secs for the respective trip, the corresponding AVG FE gets reset. Thats what I get from reading the manual. All this time I did not go through line by line in the manual.

Tere
Does not work for me. The DIS shows only one AVERAGE and is independent of whichever trip is currently selected. And resetting reset that AVERAGE. Either the manual is wrong or there is some problem with my DIS.

Can you check and let me know?

Thread Starter #133
Re: Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - 7700 Kms Completed

Does not work for me. The DIS shows only one AVERAGE and is independent of whichever trip is currently selected. And resetting reset that AVERAGE. Either the manual is wrong or there is some problem with my DIS.

Can you check and let me know?
I checked this one the day I posted this. Also i always during trips check these values and works fine in mine as mentioned by the manual. So I think some issue with your DIS. Probably get it checked with the TASS. Wonder whether those guys going to understand this problem :)

tomorrow I m taking the car for changing the parts in suspension.

Also will complain about the Hard clutch and tell them to check it
Yesterday I had gone to MANDAI area in pune, it is always b2b traffic there, found that the clutch is very hard, while changing to reverse gear engine was making noise unless I floor the cluth very hard.
Today, I have given the car for ARB bush replacement and clutch problem. SA said that he will update me on clutch problem .I will do same here.

@rudolf, please update here earliest about clutch and ARB bush, so that tommorrow If can reach well informed at the NAW pune workshop to check the work done by them.

Last edited:

Top Bottom