Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - 20,000 Kms Completed

Thread Starter #106
Re: Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - 7700 Kms Completed

Item 4. Dicky door button - What is this dicky door button?
This is the platic buttons meant to hold the black carpets in teh boot. Those fell off and I could not be fixed properly. I mentioned it and he wrote it in the job card

BTW, have you taken the AMC?
I enquired in KHT motors. I saw it is Rs.9600 for 2yr/20K kms. The synthetic oil and filter cost would come to around Rs.3000 as per Autosafari and i enquired abt oil prices else where. So it doesn't look like useful for my driving. Without AMC if I do 2 oil/filter changes, it would cost Rs. 6000. With AMC (rs. 9600) will expire by 20K kms with 2 free oil/filter changes. I think I will only be loosing rs. 3600 (assuming no other wear and tear brakes clutch etc..) Will there be any other common possible liabilities for our cars within 20K which will justify the AMC. My driving is like 10K/year. Now I m in 12th month and completed 9900 kms only

Will there be any other common possible liabilities for our cars within 20K which will justify the AMC. My driving is like 10K/year. Now I m in 12th month and completed 9900 kms only
ODO in my car is about to touch 20000 km mark (18 months). No wear or other issues found till now. So your thinking seems to be right regarding AMC. (Warranty and insurance should take of other unexpected things)

Oil change here in Bangalore might be a little costlier than what autosafari paid due to the state taxes. And for the 20000kms service you need to change the fuel filter also. So you might not loose 3600 rs by taking AMC.

Still, I agree with autosafari. Whatever defective parts that need to be replaced, apart from the regular service, will be covered by warranty.

Thread Starter #109

ODO in my car is about to touch 20000 km mark (18 months). No wear or other issues found till now. So your thinking seems to be right regarding AMC. (Warranty and insurance should take of other unexpected things)
Thanks for the info. I also was under the same impression.

Oil change here in Bangalore might be a little costlier than what autosafari paid due to the state taxes. And for the 20000kms service you need to change the fuel filter also. So you might not loose 3600 rs by taking AMC..
Ok. Then will check in Chennai and Bangalore what is teh cost of oil/oilfilter/fuelfilter etc.. Then will make a decision. thanks for the info

Thread Starter #110
Re: Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - 10,000 Kms, 1 Year Completed

have given my car in concorde ambattur for 3 rd service in 10000 kms. will take 2 days for the below probelms reported:
1.rattling noise inside dashboard
2.boot door noise
3. 3rd free service

i dont know whether these guys trying to fleece me or its genuine. he says air filter also has to be changed in 10 k service. is it so. then he told the engine flushing oil will be used and will be charged rs.800 extra. initially i he told a quote of 6800 only for the. oil chnage. he told the castrol edge 0w40 will be used. i told only 5w40 grade is enogh for our conditions. when i start enquiring he then told that he gave a approx quote and then reduced to rs.5000. he also so asked for brake cleaning, wheel balancing, serive plus(dont know what means). i cancelled all those. thought will do wheel balance out side in a good tire shop. my question

1) Is the brake cleaning important in extra charge of 600*
2) Does air filter change necessary in 10000 kms
3)when he charged this much i told that i will take AMC. he then told there is some ttime limit after which amc has to be taken. is it so. cant i buy now and use it toll 20000 kms get expired. anyone know

Thread Starter #111

have given my car in concorde ambattur for 3 rd service in 10000 kms. will take 2 days for the below probelms reported:
2.boot door noise
3. 3rd free service

i dont know whether these guys trying to fleece me or its genuine. he says air filter also has to be changed in 10 k service. is it so. then he told the engine flushing oil will be used and will be charged rs.800 extra. initially i he told a quote of 6800 only for the. oil chnage. he told the castrol edge 0w40 will be used. i told only 5w40 grade is enogh for our conditions. when i start enquiring he then told that he gave a approx quote and then reduced to rs.5000. he also so asked for brake cleaning, wheel balancing, serive plus(dont know what means). i cancelled all those. thought will do wheel balance out side in a good tire shop. my question

3)when he charged this much i told that i will take AMC. he then told there is some ttime limit after which amc has to be taken. is it so. cant i buy now and use it toll 20000 kms get expired. anyone know

2.boot door noise
3. 3rd free service

he says air filter also has to be changed in 10 k service. is it so.
then he told the engine flushing oil will be used and will be charged rs.800 extra.
when i start enquiring he then told that he gave a approx quote and then reduced to rs.5000. he also so asked for brake cleaning, wheel balancing, serive plus(dont know what means). i cancelled all those. thought will do wheel balance out side in a good tire shop. my question

2 days for fixing those issues and regular service is purely depend on the work load. They would have cars pending from last days due to holiday/hartal etc.

Air filter change is not done on 10000 km service. It was only filter cleaning as part of regular free service.

Brake service is Rs 500 (here in Vapi) and is not required during 10K km service on normal conditions. Unless you have some issues with braking or there were several instances of sudden/heavy braking in your driving till now.

Engine flush is not required in 10000 km.

TATA Motors customer care recommends it on 20K km as a value added service on need basis only.

Highway Ranger should able to give you more info on AMC.

Here is the link for the amount paid by me during 10000 km service.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-experience-after-1-5-years-7.html#post141278

Just get it confirmed what he means by brake cleaning. If it is just brushing off the dust or proper maintenance which cannot be done for 600.
There are disk skimming ,pad replacement, hydraulic bleedoff and refill etc.

Air filter better changed sooner, your engine will breathe better considering the wild climate and paper filter filter in use.

These guys are trying to take you for a ride.

The cost of oil is only around 3400 rs in Bangalore - Should be cheaper in Chennai. I remember it was around 500 rs more than what autosafari paid. But the oil was of different brand.

Engine flushing is a value added service - not routine recommended procedure.

Service plus is their way of forcing you to pay for some extra work they do - maybe like cleaning up of the interiors and polishing the exteriors - I am guessing.

1, Service interval for checking of brake and brake lining is 20,000 kms - unless you have some specific problem with the brakes.

2, Air filter elements has to be cleaned every 5000 kms and replaced only during the 40000km service - unless you are using the car in highly dusty condition. Cleaning air filter is a easy DIY.

3, AMC can be taken at any time. The advantage of taking it before the Oil change service is that the cost of the oil will be covered. In fact, Prerana, advised me to take it before the 20,000 kms service as I will benefit - the cost of oil/oil filter/ fuel filter.

Thread Starter #115

These guys are trying to take you for a ride.

The cost of oil is only around 3400 rs in Bangalore - Should be cheaper in Chennai. I remember it was around 500 rs more than what autosafari paid. But the oil was of different brand.

Engine flushing is a value added service - not routine recommended procedure.

Service plus is their way of forcing you to pay for some extra work they do - maybe like cleaning up of the interiors and polishing the exteriors - I am guessing.

2, Air filter elements has to be cleaned every 5000 kms and replaced only during the 40000km service - unless you are using the car in highly dusty condition. Cleaning air filter is a easy DIY.

3, AMC can be taken at any time. The advantage of taking it before the Oil change service is that the cost of the oil will be covered. In fact, Prerana, advised me to take it before the 20,000 kms service as I will benefit - the cost of oil/oil filter/ fuel filter.

1, Service interval for checking of brake and brake lining is 20,000 kms - unless you have some specific problem with the brakes.
I dont have any problems with brakes. So this is sure not necessary

I think I have been fleeced. I anyway refused the brake cleaning, wheel balancing, service plus . But accepted for the air filter change since some people suggested. But the one thing I must have refused is the engine flushing. But i thought since this is first time oil change after the running-in, so thought its better to flush out and change new oil. Then later saw autosafari's post and called the guy to cancel engine flush. but they already did the job of oil change. So now the things done are

oil change
oil filter replace
air filter replace
engine flushing before oil change
wiper wash fluid change(because i made mistake of not toppign up with water and the fluid was exhausted)

so total bill is Rs. 5137 (wonder what made bill shoot at least 300 higher than expected I expected 3200 + 350 + 350 +800 +75)

The dashboard noise still they are trouble shooting. hope they solve by tomorrow and give delivery by tomorrow.

Last edited:

Why not put up a mail to tata higher level about your disatisfaction.

May it will prevent further exploiting of customers henceforth !

Thread Starter #117
Given the vehicle on 20th and have taken delivery of vehicle on next day 21 st sept.

Below is the breakup (all inclusive of the 14.5 % tax ):
synth oil castrol edge : 3330
oil filter : 400
air filter: 299
flush + consumables : 1015 (930 + 85)
wiper wash :83
total - 5137

For the Rattling noise its diagnosed as the hydraulic unit of the shocks is weak. but part not available. They have done some lubrication and noise is somewhat reduced. When I go on very rough roads noise is prominent. but in smooth roads no noise. Have to checkout in KHT motors for part availability and change it there.

Boot door noise still not solved. Did not come when test drove while delivery. But reoccurred after the next day when i was nearing Bangalore.

I have filed a complaint in the grievances section in customer care website and got a Ref number in mobile. lets see what happens.

I saw that in the service history record on TATA server my mobile number is still not corrected . the digit 2 was entered wrongly as 3 and its still the same . And thats reason i dont get any promo calls , feedback after service etc.. This mistake I accept as maual error while enetring during buying process. I complained about this 3 times to update teh correct number (twice in concorde motors and once in KHT) . But still my number appears wrong.

Also during this 3rd service, the SA did not give me Feedback form. He knows that i will give badly. When asked he told , the service is not over sir because of the part not available(the hydraulic unit in shocks making the rattling noise) and also water wash not done (due to no water availability due to lorry strike ). He told me to come in next week when part available and he will finish the service .

I have filed a complaint in the grievances section in customer care website and got a Ref number in mobile. lets see what happens.

Any other method should i try to get the attention of TATA motors ??

Another thing i noticed next day after getting delivery. In the MID display in the center, there is a set and mode word below the respective buttons(these used to change the AVE, INST, DTE displays). Actually i remember noticing that there was a glass cover over the writings. After service i noted that these wording were like embossing like in the names on credit card . If the glass covering is removed only we can feel the embossing or only smooth glass surface would have been there. When i asked about it the SA told this is normal and i also checked in one Manza it was like that only. So i got convinced that i was mistaken. Whenever reporting a problem and take delivery from TATA, I somehow get feeling that they have missed fitting some part. that was reason for my too much detailed inspection of the MID. Later after seeing another Manza got convinced.

But later in the night when driving i noticed that the SET and MODE wordings were not illuminated. I remember before it will be illuminated in night. Can HR, autosafari or other Manza owners pls confirm if the set and mode wordings will be illuminated. I m sure the illumination setting s are right. because dash board illumination is right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Any other method should i try to get the attention of TATA motors ??
Yes. You can email customercare@tatamotors.com, mentioning your chassis no, invoice no and your issue.

So i got convinced that i was mistaken. Whenever reporting a problem and take delivery from TATA, I somehow get feeling that they have missed fitting some part. that was reason for my too much detailed inspection of the MID. Later after seeing another Manza got convinced.

But later in the night when driving i noticed that the SET and MODE wordings were not illuminated. I remember before it will be illuminated in night. Can HR, autosafari or other Manza owners pls confirm if the set and mode wordings will be illuminated. I m sure the illumination setting s are right. because dash board illumination is right.
Right, You were mistaken. The SET and MODE wordings were not illuminated. They are embossed, and no glass covering them.

Thread Starter #119

My car last week completed 1 year on september 29th.

Only maintenance work done is the 10K kms oil change. Which should have been completed within Rs.4100 But the guys did the enigne flushing and charged me extra 1000 to make the charges Rs.5100. Below are some numbers.

Kms completed - 10840
Total Maint expenses Rs.5137.00
Average Diesel price Rs.45.47
Total Litres filled 637.81
Overall FE 17.98 km/l
Fuel expense Rs/km 2.56
Overall expense/km 3.09
Maintenance exp/km 0.53
Average Km / day 29.54
Average Km /month 886.1
FE + maint expense 32846.49
Insurance Renewal Rs.11524 + 3M underbody - 4200
Total expense Rs.48670.49

===============

I m pretty happy with the car and way it has handled and helped me. Have some mixed feelings. But pros outweigh cons. Below are the problems I had in 1st year.

1) Front left Suspension noise
Solution: In 3 rd month, TASS changed whole set of suspension. After 6 months again noise came. They changed ARB and then till now no noise observed

2) Dicky door rattle noise. Still not solved. Have gone 4 times to 2 different TASS. but still no resolution. The problem is teh rattle noise is random. sometimes comes sometimes not present. Have to take up with ASS and sit with them and see if they ahve seriously done something about solving this.

3) recent issue. Rattling noise when going over bad roads. Diagnosed as teh Hydraulic uinit of suspension being weak. i dont know what build quality . within 1 yr it becomes weak. Have to be changed. but no part available when went for teh 1st year service. have to check for part availability and go to TASS mostly KHT motors as i m in bangalore for this whole month.

4)Window rubber beading replaced.

5) Door handle not working properly. replaced

6) The plastic covers over screw-heads falling in many places. Even though we fit back , they fall again,. Bad QC

7) i got very bad FE (50% AC) in Bangalore city driving - 13 in MID (11 actual tank to tank) May be this is due to the bad roads to my office
FE (50% AC) in Chennai city is somewhat better - 15 - 16 in MID (13 - 14 actual tank to tank method)

But FE for highways trip I have got good deal - 23 - 24 ( Full tank method , without AC , 2 adult + 2 kids, 20 - 40 kg luggage)

20 - 21 kmpl ( Full tank method , 60 % AC , 2 adult + 2 kids, 20 - 40 kg luggage)

Pros:
1) Spacious and decent interiors
2) good Highway manners, good FE in highways
3) Love the power and fit for Highway driving more than city driving

Cons:
1)Niggles and more worrying is the inability of TASS to solve it in one visit
2)Difficult in city traffic because of bigger size and noticeable turbo lag and not much suitable for city driving
3) Many times i had problem of underbody scrapping. I feel it has very low GC. Later found out that many times the part hit was the jacking point. because it is somewhat lengthier
4)TASS itself is a big disadvantage. The dealers trying to fleece by charging unnecessary VAS and driving away prospective customers *and spoiling a competent product

Yet to decide whether pros or cons:
FE in city . Have to wait and do more experiment. Because i havent driven extensively on various good city roads. Have only driven on very bad roads due to UGD works in roads. Also now only i made oil change . So will see if oil change has any effect

Last edited:

My car last week completed 1 year on september 29th.

Only maintenance work done is the 10K kms oil change. Which should have been completed within Rs.4100 But the guys did the enigne flushing and charged me extra 1000 to make the charges Rs.5100. Below are some numbers.

Kms completed - 10840
Total Maint expenses Rs.5137.00
Average Diesel price Rs.45.47
Total Litres filled 637.81
Overall FE 17.98 km/l
Fuel expense Rs/km 2.56
Overall expense/km 3.09
Maintenance exp/km 0.53
Average Km / day 29.54
Average Km /month 886.1
FE + maint expense 32846.49
Insurance Renewal Rs.11524 + 3M underbody - 4200
Total expense Rs.48670.49
Yet to decide whether pros or cons:
FE in city . Have to wait and do more experiment. Because i havent driven extensively on various good city roads. Have only driven on very bad roads due to UGD works in roads. Also now only i made oil change . So will see if oil change has any effect
Hello Rudolf_Diesel
Congratulations for completing one year with your car. I wish you have more smiles all along. Nice data maintainance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom