Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - 20,000 Kms Completed

Re: My Buying Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet

during initial period like upto 1 year of car ownership, the FE will be lesser and later will improve. What is the reason for this.
For manza 1st oil change is at 20000kms, that oil change make the difference as residue from 1st 1000 kms is more (due to engine run in period) which affects the engine efficiency hence after 1st oil change you will see the FE improved by 3-4kms (depends upon your driving style)

Is this any problem or this is some calibration error.
No problems at all, this is what engine run in makes the difference, when engine is new, oil has less residue as engine parts rub it leaves the oil with particles which pollute the oil & affects the mileage & rpm, hence now you need higher RPM to attain the same speed.

Once the full rubbing of engine parts take place within 5000kms it wont rub the same amount in future. After 1st oil change you get more mileage & hopefully the rpm/speed will better match.

Last edited:

Let me check the speed engine RPM ratio in my car and get back to you in a couple of days.

AFAIK, run in period or the oil change should not affect the ratio. Only possible issue can be clutch slippage as that is the only variable between the engine and the drive wheels. Or instrument error.

But last 2 months I have observed as below
4th gear - 2k rpm - 50 kmph - takes 2.1 or 2.2 K rpm for 60 kmph
5th gear - 2k rpm - 70 kmph - takes 2.1 or 2.2 K rpm for 80 kmph

Is this any problem or this is some calibration error. @ HR, Tornado, autosafari : What are the observations in your cars ??
During running in , my car use to achieve speed s as follows
4th gear -1.5 k rpm- 50kmph- took 1.6 k rpm for 60 kmph
5th gear- 1.65 k rpm- 70 kmph - took 1.75 k rpm for 80 kmph.

Now it's same , further in fifth gear.
if I increase to 2k rpm, car achieves 95 kmph speed,
if I increase to 2.2 rpm, car achieve s 105 kmph speed,
if I increase to 2.5 k rpm car achieves 120 kmph.
This all happens smoothly,( most of the time 2 passengers) , don't remember the figures exactly, whenever the car was fully loaded, but they were more or less same.

Thread Starter #34

For manza 1st oil change is at 20000kms, that oil change make the difference as residue from 1st 1000 kms is more (due to engine run in period) which affects the engine efficiency hence after 1st oil change you will see the FE improved by 3-4kms (depends upon your driving style)
Thanks Gypsy for your answer

Let me check the speed engine RPM ratio in my car and get back to you in a couple of days.
Will wait for it
During running in , my car use to achieve speed s as follows
4th gear -1.5 k rpm- 50kmph- took 1.6 k rpm for 60 kmph
5th gear- 1.65 k rpm- 70 kmph - took 1.75 k rpm for 80 kmph.

Now it's same , further in fifth gear.
if I increase to 2k rpm, car achieves 95 kmph speed,
if I increase to 2.2 rpm, car achieve s 105 kmph speed,
if I increase to 2.5 k rpm car achieves 120 kmph.
This all happens smoothly,( most of the time 2 passengers) , don't remember the figures exactly, whenever the car was fully loaded, but they were more or less same.
Mine is very different. From the start mine used to achieve at 2K rpm 60 kph in 4th gear and 80 at 5th gear. After 1 month the RPM start increasing for the given speeds.

Nowadays In fifth gear.
if I increase to 2k rpm, car achieves 75 kmph speed,
if I increase to 2.2 k rpm, car achieve s 85 kmph speed,
if I increase to 3 K rpm car achieves 120 kmph.

I remember now that during 1st service 1 month after the purchase, in the service card they have mentioned that RPM adjustment was done. Will the change be due to this. Now only I remember this. Next week my vehicle is due for 2nd service. 6 months over by today and 4010 kms complete. I will ask the mechanic or SA about this.

For manza 1st oil change is at 20000kms, that oil change make the difference as residue from 1st 1000 kms is more
Gypsy,

TASS at Vapi changed the oil during 3rd service at 10000 km.

I also felt it is good for Engine.

Further I heard that 20000 km limit is not applicable if one year is over. That is, we need to do the 1st Oil change within one year even if it is not 20000 km.

I have one doubt. Many Manza owners and also other car owners have mentioned that during initial period like upto 1 year of car ownership, the FE will be lesser and later will improve. What is the reason for this.
Its the case with any car.
Engine becomes smoother gradually and normally FE also increases after 3rd and then even more after 4th service (again depending on the driving style)

For me, on a cold start, it is around 850 and after a few minutes it settles down to 800/810. Switching on the AC just makes the rpm jump for a fraction of a second to 850 and intermediately settles back to 800/810.

Thread Starter #40

That is perfectly normal. Why did they need to change the RPM in a brand new car?
Gypsy: 80 RPM during idling is the current status. Before 1st service(5 months before) I did not check the idling RPM. May be they would have adjusted to this value..

Gypsy: 80 RPM during idling is the current status. Before 1st service(5 months before) I did not check the idling RPM. May be they would have adjusted to this value..
If that is the case then I would like to know the root cause as to why RPM went up or down & how did they adjusted the rpm (doing what did they adjust the rpm?) This is bcoz I know they all do hit & trial.

Thread Starter #42

I m also not sure why they did it. When going to the 2nd service I will ask them and also ask what RPM should be there for particular speed in particular gear and if its different is it a serious problem.

Last edited:

You are seriously going to ask them that? [lol]

They probably wouldn't know what you are talking about and will give you some vague answer or figures.

Thread Starter #44

You are seriously going to ask them that? [lol]

They probably wouldn't know what you are talking about and will give you some vague answer or figures.
Thats what i also think. The SA may not even know what is RPM[confused] But still think I can ask the mechanic who may be knowing better than the SA.

I bet they will start talking about turbo boost starting at such and such RPM/speed, when to change the gear, pick up and other things and try to confuse you.

Will be interesting to know what they say. Please post your experience without fail.

Top Bottom