Ownership Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet - 20,000 Kms Completed

Thread Starter #16
Re: My Buying Experience of Manza Aura Quadrajet

I did a trip from bangalore to chennai and return trip also during this month.
I full tanked in Bangalore nad then went toc hennai and full tanked there . The FE calculated was 22 kmpl. The DIS meter showed Ave FE as 23.8 kmpl. So had a error of 5 % or so. On return trip to Bagalore when calculated I got a FE of 24.75 from Full tank calculation. The DIS meter showed Ave FE reading as 25 kmpl. So it was almost equal. I think this is normal for the DIS meter in any cars. But I loved the FE of Manza [thumbsup]. Now I have to check the FE numbers in City driving :).

I get around 15 with very little use of AC in Bangalore. I don't see much difference in FE with or without AC as whenever in Chennai AC is always on.

On highways I get an average of 19/20kmpl, with which I am pretty happy, considering my driving style.

I did a trip from bangalore to chennai and return trip also during this month.
I full tanked in Bangalore nad then went toc hennai and full tanked there . The FE calculated was 22 kmpl. The DIS meter showed Ave FE as 23.8 kmpl. So had a error of 5 % or so. On return trip to Bagalore when calculated I got a FE of 24.75 from Full tank calculation. The DIS meter showed Ave FE reading as 25 kmpl. So it was almost equal. I think this is normal for the DIS meter in any cars. But I loved the FE of Manza [thumbsup]. Now I have to check the FE numbers in City driving :).
I get around 15 with very little use of AC in Bangalore. I don't see much difference in FE with or without AC as whenever in Chennai AC is always on.

On highways I get an average of 19/20kmpl, with which I am pretty happy, considering my driving style.
@ Rudolf , stunning pics, seems professional,[clap] felt as if its my car, TAI seems flooded with monarch red manza s.
Super f E, please describe your driving style.
please write about, accessories, their cost, brands , pros and cons, which brand of sunfilm ?
@ highway ranger, please describe your driving style, condition of usual road, timings of driving, load, etc.

Last edited:

Nice Car, Nice pictures and the color looks good as well. [clap]. and pretty impressive FE

@ highway ranger, please describe your driving style, condition of usual road, timings of driving, load, etc.
I started off driving Manza in a sedate way, but now I am back to my old style of driving which is quiet aggressive (not rash).

I normally skip gears, like 1, 3, 5 or 2, 4, 5 depending upon the traffic conditions and speed. (That is purely my style of driving and I would not recommend it to anybody.)

I usually drive alone for most part of city driving (drop my wife at the bus top and pick her up on the way back).

I start early, 8/8:15 AM in the morning and leave office around 4 pm.

Road conditions in Bangalore are not so good. But I get a few stretches where I can really open up to 100/110. Since I travel the same route, I am aware of the speed check spots. (at least, I think so)

Highways, it is usually 2/3 people in the car with normal amount of luggage.

On highways, I usually cruise at 120/130 kmph depending upon the traffic/road conditions.

Thread Starter #21

@ Rudolf , stunning pics, seems professional,[clap] felt as if its my car, TAI seems flooded with monarch red manza s.
Super f E, please describe your driving style.
please write about, accessories, their cost, brands , pros and cons, which brand of sunfilm ?
I have not added much accessories.
Rear and Windows Sunfilm - Garware NF - 3500
Front Windshield Sunfilm - Garware IceCool - 3500
Seat covers - Radius - 6500 (Cover + Labour)

My driving style is pretty sedate. 2 trips I did from Bangalore to Chennai 325 kms . I covered 1st time in 7 hrs and 2nd time 6 hrs all time including 30 mins lunch break. Ao average arnd 55 kmph. So you can see my sedate driving style. I maintain speed between 80 - 90 kmph. But when there were no vehicles in sight and roads are clear i did 120 kmph near Kolar for 5 kms stretch once or twice.

In city driving the route would not be so good. I didnt measure. But my guess is it would be arnd 14 kmpl

I started off driving Manza in a sedate way, but now I am back to my old style of driving which is quiet aggressive (not rash).

Tornado opinion-Yes, manza is meant to be driven aggressively (not rash, not sedate)

I normally skip gears, like 1, 3, 5 or 2, 4, 5 depending upon the traffic conditions and speed. (That is purely my style of driving and I would not recommend it to anybody.)

Tornado opinion- skipping gears is like skipping four to five steps at a time while climbing stair case and getting body sprain an muscle torn ( read engine and it chains damaged) please stop it.

But I get a few stretches where I can really open up to 100/110. Since I travel the same route, I am aware of the speed check spots. (at least, I think so)
Tornado opinion- On such stretches, if you can utilise the turbo fully, i.e. drive at 1750 to 2500 rpm , preferably at 2500 rpm at any gear other than frist gear, most of the time,you will love the turbo kick. and you will stop skipping gears ,fully turbo charged car zooms like rocket. It will not only maintain the engine health, but also increase the FE drastically. You must be knowing technical knowhows of turbo,
Ofcourse, life and limb is more important than speed.

Highways, it is usually 2/3 people in the car with normal amount of luggage.

On highways, I usually cruise at 120/130 kmph depending upon the traffic/road conditions.
With this highway speed if you maintain 2500 rpm most of the time, you will get 25% more fE., after 2500 rpm, fuel consumption will increase badly.

@ rudolf, same applies to you.

Please tell me about pre take off & pre swithoff idling practice.

@ Tornado.
As I mentioned, that is purely my driving style. And I do not intend to change it. I don't drive for FE and am quite happy with the way I drive and the FE that I get.

I mentioned this since you asked me about my driving style. I don't intend to get into any discussion on my style of driving. [:)] And I have not recommended it to anybody.

Let us not hijack Rudolf's thread.

@ Rudolf - Nice pictures. Have you tried the Hosur route to chennnai?

I never wanna you to change your driving style. I just wanted you to enjoy the turbo, If you fill that it is unnessesary , then it's ok. Skipping gears& steps was taught to me by tata in custemer education programme organised by tata. I didn't mentioned it in last posti just to be presise. No discussion is intended on your driving style, as myself is learning from others , since many years.

@ rudolf, I never wanted to highjack the thread, l just told you to enjoy the turbo , so as to increse the fe without compromising the fun, as you are getting imprssive fe already. I have read people getting fe up to 46 km/lit , to save the money for future safe six airbag packed, along with 'child restrain seats.
Btw, more fe, less running,means less maintainance cost. So no tass visits again and again, so enjoy the turbo .

Thread Starter #25

@ Rudolf - Nice pictures. Have you tried the Hosur route to chennnai?
I have not tried the Hosur-krishnagiri route till now. One reason is from my house in KRPuram, chittoor route is nearest to go out station. For Hosur route i have to cross the Blr city to Electronic city and then Hosur. Its around 30 kms extra distance. Another reason is I get bored by the divided 4-lane roads. I prefer to travel in the single lane road (mulbagal- ranipet). It will be more challenging and keep me interested in driving.

@ rudolf, I never wanted to highjack the thread, l just told you to enjoy the turbo , so as to increse the fe without compromising the fun, as you are getting imprssive fe already. I have read people getting fe up to 46 km/lit , to save the money for future safe six airbag packed, along with 'child restrain seats.
Btw, more fe, less running,means less maintainance cost. So no tass visits again and again, so enjoy the turbo .
No problems. All suggestions and info are welcome. We are all in this forum to share our knowledge to others and same time learn from others. I normally maintain the RPM at 2K. As you told I have seen that maintaining at 2500 rpm also the same good FE is returned. I travel in 80-90 kmph speed because mostly i travel on the single lane roads.

@ Rudolf, I am facing similar situation here, though my routine route is 3laned, it gets converted in to single lane, because nuts in PWD have not white -marked the lane. So vehicles get straying on each others lane ,making overtaking manuvour impossible. But I die to use the turbo fully, so that no unburnt diesel remains in side the engine.

Yes , driving at 2 k rpm , uses atleast 30% of the turbo capacity, something is better than nothing.

Another reason is I get bored by the divided 4-lane roads. I prefer to travel in the single lane road (mulbagal- ranipet). It will be more challenging and keep me interested in driving.
I agree with you, the road from Ranipet to mulbagal contains so many curves, Ups and downs.. really thrilling to drive on those type roads..

Rudolf, please write your experience about any painting,denting ,bodyshop job done,if any.

Thread Starter #29

No I have not done the denting job for my boot door. As it was small , i left it like that. There is no use in giving to the TASS. These guys will do the regular dent and paint job and will cost more or have to claim insurance. There are some local workshop guys who do Paintless dent removal by heating and popping the dent. I will try that in future. But now have no idea of doing for this small dent.

Thread Starter #30

Yesterday i made a trip from chennai to bangalore in chittor- kolar route. I started at 5 am and reached bangalore at 10 Am. this the fastest time I have clocked in my 5 trips. This time I followed your policy to enjoy drive and not drive for FE. Till Sriperumdur I could not drive fast and have to maintain below 80 because of a reasonable Truck traffic. ALso the chittoor- Mulbagal route being single lane I maintain 80 kmph. But Mulbagal - Bangalore stretch of 90 kms I covered in 1 hour. But still the DIS meter showed 22.5 kmph. If accounted for error the actual would be 20 kmph

I have one doubt. Many Manza owners and also other car owners have mentioned that during initial period like upto 1 year of car ownership, the FE will be lesser and later will improve. What is the reason for this.

Also i have another query regarding manza. for Initial 2 months while driving my observations are as below:
4th gear - 2k rpm - 60 kmph
5th gear - 2k rpm - 80 kmph

But last 2 months I have observed as below
4th gear - 2k rpm - 50 kmph - takes 2.1 or 2.2 K rpm for 60 kmph
5th gear - 2k rpm - 70 kmph - takes 2.1 or 2.2 K rpm for 80 kmph

Is this any problem or this is some calibration error. @ HR, Tornado, autosafari : What are the observations in your cars ??

Last edited:

Top Bottom