Outer Edges of Indica Tyres Getting Bald

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
I had replaced all 4 tyres about 2 months back and have run around 3k kms till now after change.Recently i observed that the outer edge of the tyres are getting bald or i can say uneven wear observed.All wheels were balanced and wheel allignment was done.Also i had observed this happening on the Old tyres too,where the outer edges were more bald at the time of replacement.
Have added the pics for your reference,please check and let me know if something is faulty and what need to be replaces or repaired.

Thanks Praveen

Attachments

Generally such uneven wear is caused mostly due to wrong alignment only , did you check your alignment at a reputed tyre shop or at dealership? If at dealership i would suggest you to check it in an outside shop too.

change the shop where you do the wheel balancing & alignment. i too had this problem with my indica v2, which had alignment problems frequently.the mechanics whom all i contacted regarding this told me that it was a common problem.

From the picture , you have shown all the 4 tyres .
Check out wheel alignment from different alignment centre , there may be some issues with the wheel rims too , change the rims and see.

check the wheel bearing / ball joints for front wheels (you are lucky as ball joints are available separately for indica , for rest of them change the entire lower arm assy).
check for any damage in the lower arm.

Hi I have an alignment issue, i got the alignment and balancing done, but still the car slightly pulls to left.. I again visited him, he said my car is bend as u alone drive it, and chamber is not proper hence he told first get the car checked by a mechanic then we can do any thing.
So pls help ..
Sorry if I have posted in a wrong thread..

Last edited:
preveen, this is mostly the case of wrong allingment and balancing.Try doing it from some reputed shop and see, even if it still persists try to check the ball joints arms on the front wheels.I had the same issue before changing my tyres of my indica V2, final result came out of the lower arm front joints had given up.Mostly this might clear the issues of your tyres.

Top Bottom