Optimus: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD. Long Term Ownership Review

bhvm

Honoured Member
how to open that wiper cowl? and how to remove the wipers? What did the svc use to stick the wire mesh to the body? By putting the extra seal on the wire mesh wouldnt it hamper the outside air mode of the ac?
1. You'll have to remove the Wiper arms and then the plastic Shroud. There are nuts hidden below plastic caps at the ends of wiper arms.
@mayankdixit Has much detailed Guide / images than me.

2. They used Silicone Sealant (White stuff)

3. No I think. And I could care less. Who uses Dust & Smell mode (outside mode) anyways?

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Will definitely try to find out in the old archives, and post them here for your help.
Despite exhaustive search I could not find those pics. I lost them somehow, I am profoundly sorry. I wanted to help you, but now I can help by text only.

1. You'll have to remove the Wiper arms and then the plastic Shroud. There are nuts hidden below plastic caps at the ends of wiper arms.
@mayankdixit Has much detailed Guide / images than me.
@mayankdixit used to have much detailed Guide. . Now @bhvm pictures are the main guide left.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #517
Hello All,
Optimus is suffering from a parasitic drain from the battery. A fully charged battery gets completely discharged within 3-4 days. I got the battery checked and recharged multiple times.
Did various tests on the battery, then came to a conclusion that something is wrong with the car itself.
So took it a mechanic who upon inspection, scanning and diagnosis confirmed that the vehicle is leaking current somewhere.
As you all know Mahindra has put in enough wires in this vehicle to circumnavigate Earth multiple times it was a humongous task and way above my skill level, so left Optimus at the mechanic itself.

Today after 3-4 days of analysis the mechanic has updated that the Center Control Module has a parasitic drain and needs to be repaired.
He has given me a quote of around 7k plus 2-3 days to repair the issue.

I am also unable to open the dicky using the black button in the dicky, so have asked the mechanic to check that out as well.

Will update once I get the vehicle back.

Oh and there is a surprise thread that will come up soon. Stay Tuned.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Thread Starter #518
Optimus suffered from a clutch hydraulic fluid leak today morning. Thankfully in the middle of the city. Have sent it to the mechanic. Lets see what comes of it.

Thread Starter #521
Hello All, Optimus is facing a weird problem. After turning off the car and removing the keys i can hear a krrrr sound coming from the center console after every 1 minute. It lasts a couple of seconds.
Not sure what it is. I believe this is also leading to a current leak which is draining the battery over a span of 5-6 days.
Any ideas and suggestions will be appreciated.

bhvm

Honoured Member
It will be hard to say, But some pointers come to my Mind
1. Infotainment (silver box) fan is stuck or caught up on some wires/debris
2. AC wind direction motors are stuck and are retrying to gain their position (Not able to hit the Limit switches hence being re-tried)
3. AC Recirculation / fresh air flap stuck or in awkward position.

Krrr sound can also be relays with loose contact or worn out contact patches.

To find anything conclusive one may pull out fuses related to these function until the noisemaker is isolated.

Thread Starter #523
It will be hard to say, But some pointers come to my Mind
1. Infotainment (silver box) fan is stuck or caught up on some wires/debris
2. AC wind direction motors are stuck and are retrying to gain their position (Not able to hit the Limit switches hence being re-tried)
3. AC Recirculation / fresh air flap stuck or in awkward position.

Krrr sound can also be relays with loose contact or worn out contact patches.

To find anything conclusive one may pull out fuses related to these function until the noisemaker is isolated.
I have removed the Infotainment battery fuse, marked as Audio Batt, after removign that the sound has gone. Looks like some issue with the infotainment unit.
Not sure if it can be repaired or not. even if I get it repaired how long it will stay good thats a big question.
Any idea how much does it cost to replace the audio unit? and if I will get all the functionalities like TPMS and DTE and avg indicator in aftermarkte units.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Infotainment is the Achilles heel of XUV 500. I've had my replaced atleast 4 times in Warranty.
Out of warranty prices were 60k or so. Its a very unreliable and poorly designed unit. However aftermarket units will not integrate with the vehicles and many features will stop working as you doubt.

Thread Starter #525
Infotainment is the Achilles heel of XUV 500. I've had my replaced atleast 4 times in Warranty.
Out of warranty prices were 60k or so. Its a very unreliable and poorly designed unit. However aftermarket units will not integrate with the vehicles and many features will stop working as you doubt.
and the 700 is like one big infotainment unit.

Top Bottom