Optimus: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD. Long Term Ownership Review

Re: Say Hello to Optimus: A Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD

Your Optimus looks stunning. The key chain also looks great. The FE figures mentioned in your post are simply amazing. Wish you many more safe miles.

Congrats for your new buy.looks great.happy days ahead with your optimus[clap]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #79

My Optimus starts pulling in 3rd and 4th gear even without any kind of throttle input. Is this a normal behavior or not? What might be the reason Torque/Power or Turbo spool?

My Optimus starts pulling in 3rd and 4th gear even without any kind of throttle input. Is this a normal behavior or not? What might be the reason Torque/Power or Turbo spool?
Absolutely normal.

That is the characteristic of diesel engines, especially the mHawk engine which is known for its fantastic low end response. It is the torque at lower rpm which helps, not the power. Also not the turbo, as the turbo is not active at idling rpm.

@Kinshuk

That is quite normal for any new age diesel engine. Even it is the same in my Ritz diesel[:)] that really helps in dense traffic situations where you don't need accelerator

Thread Starter #82

is there a way to turn on the reverse alarm and the lock/unlock sound in the XUV without adding any tweeters or horns?

I read somewhere that XUV comes with a reverse alarm as standard but it needs to be activated at the A.S.S., I know some owners have done it.

Thread Starter #84

Optimus is back from a real quick Pune-Goa-Pune ride.

Total Distance covered -- 997km. Average at the end of the trip as shown by MID 15.4. Average is over smooth highways, Chorla Ghats, bumper to bumper traffic in Belgaum and Pune.

We started off at 9 in the night from Hinjewadi flyover. Reached Goa @5AM. Started from Panjim at 2 in the noon and reached Hinjewadi flyover 10:30 in the night.

Zero issues to report.

The Optimus performed exceptionally well. Overtaking, braking were a cakewalk.

Amazing performance on the ghats. very precise steering although a bit of understeer then I would like to have.

Shot only a couple of pics as we were in a real hurry. so sorry no pics this time.

I read somewhere that XUV comes with a reverse alarm as standard but it needs to be activated at the A.S.S., I know some owners have done it.
This is correct this can be enabled at the service centre using the flashing tool.
Though personally i have got it disabled.

Thread Starter #86

Optimus went for its first professional wash after the goa ride.

Found an automated washing center in Hinjewadi near MRF tyre showroom. People in Pune who want more info can PM me.

The person took 350rs for XUV both exterior cleaning and interior vacuuming. The best part is that they use Jopasu Microfibre cloth for drying the vehicle after cleaning. I am quite impressed with the sincerity of the guy doing the washing.

The process they follow is:
1. Loosen the dirt on the body and clean the underbody using pressured water.
2. Clean the interiors.
3. Automated spraying of water
4. Automated spraying of soap water.
5 pressure wash and cleaning.
6. removing excess water with air
7. drying the compelte vehicle with microfibre cloth.

The only problem is it is not able to remove any kind of hard stains. that has to be done manually

I will let the pics do the talking now.

Tire before cleaning

how are those JK tires holding up can you write up a brief report on it's performance,

Kinshuk i would highly recommend you to refrain from Automatic wash centers.

Manual intervention is good than these rollers, which can cause swirls on car.

And yours is a dark colour, where swirls can be spotted easily.

Thread Starter #89

how are those JK tires holding up can you write up a brief report on it's performance,
Visran I think the performance of a tire can be judged properly only in cases where the vehicle is driven real hard especially around corners. I havent done any kind of hard driving till date. For normal sane driving JK tires have been holding pretty good. good amount of grips while braking hard in a straight line and acceleration. The tire noise is there at speeds of 100+.

Kinshuk i would highly recommend you to refrain from Automatic wash centers.

Manual intervention is good than these rollers, which can cause swirls on car.

And yours is a dark colour, where swirls can be spotted easily.
Mukeshus even I was thinking that and was about to ask the same thing as the material used in those brushes were some kind of plastic. I waxed the car as soon as I got home.

Hay Arya

Your optimus looks more elegant after the wash, I agree with mukesh on the washing with those rollers as most of the Maruti dealers ships stopped doing with that as they do not do a proper detailed wash as service people just used to send the car thru' those rollers and say wash is finished, so most of them have switched back to manual.

Thought that roller thing may be good if like the one I experienced in Europe, there was a 6 step automatic washing center and the car comes out complete dry and clean in 5 minutes(we need to just sit in the car, roll the windows up and you are out with a clean wash. May be that works well for those cars as they do not get so dirty inside and out like in India where more attention is required(as most of the Indian vehicles become dirty with bull/cow **** on the roads most of the times)[lol]

Top Bottom