Optimus: Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD. Long Term Ownership Review

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I have removed the Infotainment battery fuse, marked as Audio Batt, after removign that the sound has gone. Looks like some issue with the infotainment unit.
Not sure if it can be repaired or not. even if I get it repaired how long it will stay good thats a big question.
Any idea how much does it cost to replace the audio unit? and if I will get all the functionalities like TPMS and DTE and avg indicator in aftermarkte units.
Please get your silver box removed and examined properly for wirings and involved connectors.Might be a rat bite issue.
Or might be a non-issue like loose connector.But get it out first.To check.

and the 700 is like one big infotainment unit.
So are you planning for upgrade/change/Exchange ?

Thread Starter #527
Please get your silver box removed and examined properly for wirings and involved connectors.Might be a rat bite issue.
Or might be a non-issue like loose connector.But get it out first.To check.

So are you planning for upgrade/change/Exchange ?
First need to isolate if it is the silver box or something else. if the battery stops draining then half the battle is won, then is either repairing the silver box or just channging the whole unit, but if not I am back to square one. it can be a rat bite as I had a rat menace for around 3-4 months.

No upgrades. just bought a motorcycle and even if I am to upgrade I will stay away from the 700 at least for the next 2 years. and if I have to change now it will be either the Thar(if the better half agrees) or the Harrier.

Thread Starter #532
Long term update. 1 lakh 10 thousand kms.
1.1 lakh km service done. total bill approx 16000 INR.
Major things that were worked on.

1. Dicky lock changed -- 1205
2. AC gas filling and charging -- 700
3. AC hose replacement -- 1300
4. Battery wire replacement -- 2000
5. Power window motor replacement -- 2300
6. Air Filter replacement -- 805
7. AC Filter replacement -- 1100
8. General Service for 1.1 lakh km. 2100

Remaining in nick knacks, taxes labour charges etc.

Got the washing done today as it was getting late on the delivery day. apparently mahindra svc charges for washing as well in paid services. I thought washing was included.

some pics after the wash.

A note to the mods, pls increase the size of the pics that can be uploaded. 1mb reduces the quality drastically.

Capture 1.PNG
Capture 2.PNG
Capture 3.PNG
Capture 5.PNG
Capture 4.jpg

bhvm

Honoured Member
Gloss black alloys are looking nice.
My cheetah also underwent similar repairs to yours.

Over here, Washing is included in Bulk "service charges" which keep steeply increasing every year. Earlier they were 1800, Now they're roughly 2600.
Looks like nothing but money milking charge.

Thread Starter #534
Gloss black alloys are looking nice.
My cheetah also underwent similar repairs to yours.

Over here, Washing is included in Bulk "service charges" which keep steeply increasing every year. Earlier they were 1800, Now they're roughly 2600.
Looks like nothing but money milking charge.
Thanks man. Spray painted them at home only.

Top Bottom