Opinion About JBL Bass Tube?

hi,
I am looking for subwoofer for swift (small not big car) having luggage space problem. So if i want to have subwoofer then which is best tube or enclosure. i need which can be easily detachable and provides good bass on speacially mid and low volume.
Buddy you have 3 options :

1. Go for an under seat shallow subs, these are costly though.
2. If you can spent some extra, get a fiberglass enclosure made (to specs) as per the boots shape to save space.
3. Cheapest option - Get a 12" sub in a sealed (smaller) box. Ask your installer to wire the sub with plugs so that you can detach it whenever you want.

Thanks Raj and other friends.

Finally I decided to go for a sub in a ported box and ordered the same. JBL 1150W sub + ported box costs around Rs. 5400 in Chennai.

My Swift ICE installation will be completed by tomorrow and i will taking the vehicle delivery on Wed.

This is what my configuration is

Pioneer DEH 5490 HU - Rs 9500
GT 646- 4 channel Amp - Rs 7000
GT 0609C component speakers - 2 set - Rs 11000
JBL 1150 Watts Sub + Ported box - Rs 5400
Cabling - now unknown
Hi sreerajmm,

Congrats on your ICE. Have you already installed the ICE? If you have done so please post pics.

Also you have posted that you are buying 2 sets of JBL 609c components and your also going for subwoofer JBL 1150. But if your buying only one 4 channel amplifier, how are you going to power all of them?

Regards,
Sankar

Buddy you have 3 options :

1. Go for an under seat shallow subs, these are costly though.
2. If you can spent some extra, get a fiberglass enclosure made (to specs) as per the boots shape to save space.
3. Cheapest option - Get a 12" sub in a sealed (smaller) box. Ask your installer to wire the sub with plugs so that you can detach it whenever you want.

Another option is to go for active subwoofer which can be placed under the seat. Also not costly like shallow subwoofer.

Regards,
Sankar

Another option is to go for active subwoofer which can be placed under the seat. Also not costly like shallow subwoofer.

Regards,
Sankar
Buddy, an active sub is nothing but a regular sub with it's own dedicated amp. It's in no way smaller than a regular sub. So, it can't be put under the seats.

Buddy, an active sub is nothing but a regular sub with it's own dedicated amp. It's in no way smaller than a regular sub. So, it can't be put under the seats.
I was speaking of this.

Xenos XCT-ASW-300 Xcite - CarWale

It's very small and i have seen this fitted inside a M-800. Produces good punchy bass for it's size. Not costly and would be a good option for hatchback owners.

Regards,
Sankar

It's a petty 8" driver and that too from a brand that is nowhere in ICE products.
I thought of the same but after hearing it i felt it good and it produced some good tight bass. It's the best solution for people looking for bass in small hatchbacks.

I used to be a guy who would swear by brand for my ICE like Masconi, Gladen, Audison, Steg and Rockford Fosgate. But now i have changed after hearing products from small companies like Sundown Audio, DD Audio etc. They provide quality products that are comparable to best in ICE. The only problem is they don't have that big brand name compared to Masconi, Gladen, Audison, Steg and Rockford Fosgate. So now i don't go by brand. Rather go by auditioning them.[:)]

Regards,
Sankar

Hi fiends,

Need advice .I am using Hyundai i10 CNG ,have installed JVC double din music player,Alpine 4 channel amp ,4 JBL component door speakers,2 Pioneer oval speakers and double coil pioneer sub in a sub box.but unfortunately am not getting the sound quality and bass as desired.Please suggest for what changes or upgrade will help in getting the sound quality especially the BASS.Had planned to change the pioneer sub with 1150 JBL sub will this work.Please suggest..

Hi fiends,

Need advice .I am using Hyundai i10 CNG ,have installed JVC double din music player,Alpine 4 channel amp ,4 JBL component door speakers,2 Pioneer oval speakers and double coil pioneer sub in a sub box.but unfortunately am not getting the sound quality and bass as desired.Please suggest for what changes or upgrade will help in getting the sound quality especially the BASS.Had planned to change the pioneer sub with 1150 JBL sub will this work.Please suggest..
6 speakers in i10 [surprise]. I think it may be due to overkill.
Post some details about your amp and sub.
May be your setup needs fine tuning only.
When speakers play bass with sub they usually produce bad sound sometimes . you can reduce bass in speakers through your Hi-Low pass setting in your HU or Amp.

Not particularly JBL, any bass tube will eat into space, except the smaller bass tubes from Blaunpunkt like the GT1200SC, etc. Rockford, JBL, Pioneer make 26" standard size tubes and their performance is also much better than smaller tubes.

I have auditioned JBL 1200w, 1300w and Rockford 1400w bass tube in my Liva. The JBL tubes produced soft bass and didn't go to the extreme bass limits (read ground pounding bass). They still had the SQ part in them even though nowhere as close as subwoofers provide. The Rockford tube gave oodles of bass, with well defined beats and drops. The quality was not as good as JBL (especially 1300w) but the amount of bass was much better. I went for Rockford.

Among the JBL tubes, I would say GTX1300T anyday. It had better bass output even in the same song when compared to the 1200w tube. The 1300w has also got Slipstream port, maybe due to which the drops are well defined.

Top Bottom