Online Petition For Reducing Road Menace in India

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Jyoti Gupta, who lost her cardiologist husband Dr. Pankaj Gupta and her 3-year-old daughter Lineshya to a road menace in April, has started an online petition seeking Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s intervention in implementing a stronger National Road Safety law in the country. A speeding Haryana Roadways bus savagely crushed the victims after the driver lost control over the vehicle outside their housing society in Gurgaon. Let us join her for this noble cause: http://change.org/RoadSafety

Road accidents are killing and injuring people every minute. 20 children under the age of 14 die every day on our roads. 97% of Indian roads do not have proper footpaths. Getting a driving license in India is as easy as getting a pizza delivered. Pedestrians and cyclists are most affected on the roads but there are no laws to protect them. The only law governing road safety in India, the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, is not effective. We need a law that includes:

i) Protection for children, pedestrians and cyclists during commute,

ii) Increased enforcement

iii) Mandatory road safety education, and

iv) Transparent and efficient process for getting a license.

"I am not alone. Even cabinet minister Gopinath Munde died in a road accident recently. In fact, in the last 10 years, more than one million people have died in road accidents in India. This needs to change. That's why I started this petition with Save Life Foundation asking PM Narendra Modi to ensure a stronger road safety law and introduce it in Parliament." Ms. Gupta wrote in her petition.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Good initiative Vibhor !!

I regularly sign the petitions of change.org for social justice. I have already signed this petition this morning and which most of our members also do the same to prevent such incidents in future.

Very good initiative. Thanks Vibhor for sharing the information and link.
I have signed this petition and will share it among non-members also.

I read this news and was feeling sad for the innocent lives lost. She has taken step. We need to support this noble cause. Vibhor if its not against our forum code of conduct send this link to all members as a private message.

Top Bottom