One Year with the Facelifted Estilo

Did you get yourself a grill for the rear quarter glass? It's important for the safety point of view.
Moreover which Pioneer HU did you purchased and for how much? Got any woofer to go with it?

350Z

Core Team
Did you get yourself a grill for the rear quarter glass? It's important for the safety point of view.
That sure is true, but recently I had a hard time searching for such a grill in Delhi. Most of the automobile stores or workshops either make one on order or do not keep it at all, but well that’s my experience and probably it should be available in Kashmere gate area. Also, I think that removing the quarter glass of Maruti 800 is far much easier than in comparison with Zen or any other latest car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

That sure is true, but recently I had a hard time searching for such a grill in Delhi. Most of the automobile stores or workshops either make one on order or do not keep it at all, but well that’s my experience and probably it should be available in Kashmere gate area. Also, I think that removing the quarter glass of Maruti 800 is far much easier than in comparison with Zen or any other latest car.

Drive Safe,
350Z
ya finding grill is a problem but I heard many recent cases in Delhi where thieves lifted the quarter glass and then removed the ECU of the car and the HU ( generally people don't even have a insurence on that).

350Z

Core Team
so sorry about that 350Z.
I had read about that incident of yours.( I already said that I was searching the forum as a guest for a long time :)
moreover one of friend also got ripped of the same instruments last week in Modinagar in his 800.

350Z

Core Team
Shucks. This means that theft mania is not yet over. Police is acting innocent as if they are absolutely unaware. Here’s the thread suggesting a few words of caution.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #22
Re: One Year with the Face-lifted Estilo

Moreover which Pioneer HU did you purchased and for how much? Got any woofer to go with it?
No Akshay. I did not get any grill for the rear quarter glass. My car is usually parked in a safe area in my house. Though i have also heard of head-units being stolen recently in my locality.

It's a Pioneer Head-Unit with usb. I do not remember the exact model. It does its job well. Got it installed from Driven,East of Kailash, New delhi.

Nice Report Paddu. You have maintained your car well.

I actually like the Estilo. It is a good car for the money you pay.

I suggest you add mouldings on the bumper and a matte black sticker on the B-pillar / door borders. This looks good especially on a white car.

Also, if you have enough Vitamin M get good alloys with 165/65 R13 tyres. Alloys will give you the look and wider tyres will do wonders to your handling.

Thread Starter #24
So it has been 5 years now with the car, thought of updating the thread.

I completed college in 2011 June and since then the car was lying unused at home. I started working in Bangalore and used to take the car out only during vacations. It has run some 28 K odd by now. Now I am back to Delhi and the Estilo has become my daily drive. A few days back thought of getting a diesel sedan in place of this car. My daily commute is 80 Kms now and a diesel made more sense. Suddenly I told myself that Hey this is almost a new car and I can extract a lot more out of it. So dropped the plan to buy a new car and I can continue to drive this little guy. It has not given me any trouble and even in the cold Delhi winters it cranks up in one go.

Here are a few pictures

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
welcome back paddu.
nice to see your passion re ignited.
rather than buying new car why not upgrade your ride with alloys, wider tyres ,decals, LED drl, woofers etc

Top Bottom