One time Repair or Regular Maitenance

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am having 2005 model Wagon R (CNG Fitted in 2010) and driving regularly 25 Kms daily. I have an Non Comprehensive Annual Maintenance contract with Authorized Maruti dealer and I am fed up with the regular maintenance cost asociated with Servicing of the car.

I am not sure if I am being cheated or this is the normal expense which occurs in car.

Everytime I send the car for repair I end up paying Approx. Rs. 4000/- apart from Annual Maitenance Contract cost. Everytime they come up with some service paramenter which is essential to maintain the car like engine oil, over all oil change, Liner, Brake Pad, Coolent, total body injector (to be done in rainy season) etc....

I have given my car for Servicing today and few problems stated below,

1. AC suddenly stopped working
2. New Wipers fitted but make too much noise when ON
3. One lHeadlight focus less than others
4. Noise in bonet while driving and stay for few minute even after switching off the engine
5. Burning or overflow smell of petrol even while taking a small reverse turn which stops once we shift to straight gears

I have got estimate from Service center and I am not sure if they are asking the correct rate,

1. For AC 2800 and then too it will not work with heater only cooling due to some technical issue
2. Wipers asked to replace though newly purchased
3. Rs. 300 for coolent
4. Rs. 700 for total body and injector to prevent from corrosion in rainy season
5. Breakpad Rs. 1000/- + Rs. 300 = Rs. 1300

Can any one guide me whether we should do car maitenance one time in year or do regular maitenance as cost of Repair is same at the end of year and they do not prevent any further damage either.

Pls share your thoughts.

What is mentioned in the AMC document given to you?
Generally AMC consists of
1.Free servicing cost (i.e 600 Rs approx)
2.Some percentage off on standard labor charges for amc customers
3.Some free washing and polishing jobs

Recommended service period for a car is 10000 km or 1 year
In your case as you say your daily running is 25 km only so less than 10000 km / year
You have to get your car serviced once in year so I think AMC does not make any seance.

Dealers offer AMC as they have more margins in that.

AMC will be helpful if the car is having heavy running per month otherwise NO

IMO,maintaining your car regularly is the best option.
Think for example,if you dont align your wheels at time,your tyre's life may get decreased.Moreover,if you dont do that,the driving fatigue will be more.

So maintain your car regularly,so that you can enjoy your drive also..[:D]

Thread Starter #4
Dear Surfer,

Thanks for suggestion. But is the cost justified ? Because as AC Mohan suggested maintaining the car is good but is the cost justified and how one can trust service person and why do parts fail one by one ? Why dont they give rough estimate on the parts to be replaced within one years based on usage and wear & tear or prevent the same.

Your running is not very high and you own a pocket friendly car too , so avoid AMC from next time. AMC'S are best taken for high end cars whose maintenance is a bit costlier.

For your running you should be servicing your car once in every 6 months according to your manual i guess.

Now few questions:

1.Do they change the brakepad each time you service your car? If yes then kill them , for your running brakepad will last for even 3 years!

2.Then if you changed your wipers only recently , within 6 months , then don't pay for the new one! Demand a new one free of cost because it is manufacturing defect!

3.What do they mean by total body and injection? AFAIK underbody rust coating is done only once for a car which lasts for upto 5 years and for WagonR it must cost around Rs.2500 to 3000.

Why dont they give rough estimate on the parts to be replaced within one years based on usage and wear & tear or prevent the same -

You can check this in the car manual also do consider taking second opinion.
Ask the showroom mechanic to have a test ride of your car and listen to him.

I own a zen and for last 5 years I had just spent 10k

Burning or overflow smell of petrol even while taking a small reverse turn which stops once we shift to straight gears
throttle body & injector cleaning

For AC 2800 and then too it will not work with heater only cooling due to some technical issue
seems diverter valve has conked off. it isnt that important. ac is still manageable to run without any problem. is still any part required as they are charging 2800/-

Top Bottom