Old is Gold: Maruti 800 DX Ownership Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, refilling the A/C gas costs you 1.5 k, for just top up it costs you 600 rs..

Suspension fault for just 30k kms ? No it might be due to the bent steel rims which can't be rectified by balancing too..
Are you getting any noise from suspension ?

BTW what was the total cost ? Was the oil changed ?

Thread Starter #122

350Z

Core Team
Suspension fault for just 30k kms ? No it might be due to the bent steel rims which can't be rectified by balancing too..
Are you getting any noise from suspension ?
Spot on. I believe the same and it is true that front right hand side steel wheel is bent from an edge. By the way as I mentioned elsewhere that service of T.R. Sawhney is not at all up to the mark. After replacing the faulty wheel cylinder last week – Yesterday I found that it was leaking again and the complete brake oil reservoir was empty. Infact, brake pedal has also become loose which is likely due to faulty master cylinder. The issues have further increased after servicing the car from them. I will take back the car tomorrow and give them a piece of mind. Anyways I strongly recommend people to avoid this place in future.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #124

350Z

Core Team
Please don't drive it, as there is no break oil hence no brakes. Ask them to come and rectify on the spot itself..where is the oil leak found ?
Brake fluid is leaking bit by bit from the rear right hand side-wheel cylinder. I didn’t use the car as soon as I figured out the issue.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@Vibhor:
Please don't feel bad but I feel that your car is looking quite old for just 35k kms.
The bumpers are looking nothing short of 'OUT OF PLACE',cheap looking they are now.Get them repainted.
Those scratch guards are looking weird and dunno why,but I don't like that white RVM?
I mean it looks good with body colored door handles,but now..its looking out of place to me..
Wheels need some covers(its upon your wish)..

Thread Starter #126

350Z

Core Team
Simply the digits on the odometer doesn’t count, Vipul. Do also look at the age of the car. She has served flawlessly over the time in different conditions. Paint job on the bumpers might not be the best one around. But as far as scratches are concerned, one can’t help considering the traffic conditions she experiences almost daily.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #127

350Z

Core Team
Please don't drive it, as there is no break oil hence no brakes. Ask them to come and rectify on the spot itself..where is the oil leak found ?
This issue is now resolved. According to them, it was related to some faulty wiring that also caused a burning smell from that specific wheel. SE was apologetic and again I received a call from them for the feedback. Since it is not even 24 Hours and car has not been used much, I did not comment on that part. But what's sure is that neither I am visiting them again in future nor I would recommend their services to anyone.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Faulty wiring ? In rear drum, sure it is not possible. there are no such wiring for the brakes in M 800. Please inquire with SA/Dealer. He might have just tried to convince you.

I am sorry if you were hurt by my words.

Thread Starter #129

350Z

Core Team
I am sorry if you were hurt by my words.
No offense taken at all. You may be right though I'm not a techie but wonder there must be some cable that operates drums from the hand brake. Since their mechanics disassembled the drum brake assembly to perform some checkups there and on the inside near handbrake. Soon the problem disappeared as if it never existed. The loose play of the brake pedal was rectified as well. What do you think could be the issue?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Even the hand brake works with mechanical parts (cables) the only wiring which is related with brakes are leg brake light switch and the other one is the hand brake warning lamp which is located below the hand brake lever..

Regarding the loose play, they might have not bleed-ed the brake pipes so the air gaps cause it..

Might be wiring fault of the tail lamps / reg plate lamps...

Thread Starter #131

350Z

Core Team
Apart from usual cleaning, I decided to open up the dull indicators, remove carpet, console etc. It was quite surprising to note the amount of dust accumulated. The difference is now clearly noticeable after cleaning them up. On a side note, I was also pondering on replacing this car with another small used hatch like Beat. Though it’s a tough call for me. I don’t think it will happen soon. There cannot be a more economical car than 800. However, I would like to fix a few issues sometime soon: Poor brakes, rattles, wobbles and (non-powered) steering wheel, which is a task to operate in congested areas, whenever possible.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #132

350Z

Core Team
I am hearing a ‘tuk tuk’ sound from front RHS since last weekend whenever the wheels are steered on the extreme directions. What could be the reason?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Its from the drive shaft. May be the boot has been damaged which causes the grease/oil to leak. So there would be no lubrication.

The boot costs you 170 rs, but for getting this replaced you need to remove the drive shaft.

Thread Starter #134

350Z

Core Team
Its from the drive shaft. May be the boot has been damaged which causes the grease/oil to leak. So there would be no lubrication.
You are spot on, Varun. I checked this morning and found that the drive shaft boot in indeed broken. Will have to fix it ASAP.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom