Old Honda City vs Mitsubishi Lancer vs Maruti Baleno

Which is your choice?

• Total voters
old Honda city & Lancer both are amazing.but i pick Mitsubishi Lancer for its sporty looks and easily modify it, hut Honda city engine is also good.

Last edited by a moderator:
For professionally racing there is no match for a customised baleno
The lancer is for styling, handling and major mods
The old city great car in stock and minor exterior styling

Old honda city. The vtec one. Has vast scope for exterior as well as performance mods

I voted for Lancer!

I would go for a Lancer any day if its for tuning and modification. But the maintenance of Lancer is not as easy as OHC or even Baleno.

But i prefer OHC if it needs to be run in stock condition. Great engine with good performance and FE.

I have driven all the three. All were awesome ,

Lancer was good in all things , the driving position , reving etc
ohc too has great postion and good handling like.
In baleno the style and also the reving and handling part.

Love all the , You must have added all the 3 option.

ilango[speed thirst];19149 said:
I have driven all the three. All were awesome ,

Lancer was good in all things , the driving position , reving etc
ohc too has great postion and good handling like.
In baleno the style and also the reving and handling part.

Love all the , You must have added all the 3 option.
Agree with you ... but I am still tilted in the favour of the OHC!!

Lancer for extreme engine mods? :lol!:

What HM gave us is a downright pathetic engine to a chassis that is derived from the EVO-IVs. No enthusiast who loves a fast car should think of a Lancer unless he is plonking in a Mivec/Evo engine. For visual mods, yes, nothing comes close.

You want a fast car in a straight line, mod a OHC Vtec. Lots of aftermarket parts save the suspension. Don't expect it to handle.

You want a fast and yet a good handling car, mod a Baleno. Won't be as quick as a Vtec in straights but come corners you will take the Vtec.

My vote? Obviously goes to the Baleno. All the fun is in the corners. And I prefer putting my money where my mouth is. A proud owner of India's fastest NA baleno officially timed.

Of the 3 I'd go with the Lancer. The Baleno and City are just hyped up. India is the only place where the Baleno is considered a drivers car. The City at least has some followers in Thailand & Phillippines at least.

BTW has anyone compared the City or Lancer with the Petra 1.6? I've compared it with the Baleno. It's much better than the Baleno. You can even pick up one real cheap now.

India is the only place where the Baleno is considered a drivers car.
I don't think the Baleno was a "Driver's" car even in India, it has a little bit of everything, and not enough of anything.
Had a marvellous A/C though!!

Although this an old thread. Just my 2 cents. have personally owned och vtec, baleno but not owned a lancer. however i have a good friend who owns it. the lancer according to me stands no where in the competition(stock), baleno is second and och vtec is First. I am talking about stock cars. My friend who is a renouned driver on drag strips in mumbai calls a lancer- underpower piece of s***t. so there u go.:0

Top Bottom