Ola Electric Scooter Unveiled

Thread Starter #32

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Ola Electric Scooter Problems Reported – Owner Gets Free Replacement

ola-electric-scooter-problems-faulty-free-replacement-owners-2-768x432.jpg

Ola electric scooter – post-delivery issues

One user has reported that his Ola S1 Pro started experiencing problems soon after delivery. After riding just around 6 km, the owner noticed problems such as screeching noises and headlight issues. The scooter was subsequently towed away for repairs. When the scooter was delivered back, the owner noticed broken number plate and oil marks on the scooter. On its part, Ola Electric has offered to fix the reported issues.

Read

Thread Starter #33

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Ola S1 customers to be upgraded to S1 Pro for free, but there’s a catch

OLA-S1-Pro_2.jpg

Ola Electric has decided to upgrade the base version of the Ola S1 electric scooter with the hardware of the S1 Pro, which includes a bigger 3.97 kWh battery pack in place of 2.98 kWh as promised earlier. This upgrade is being offered free of cost, as some insiders claim that it is a welcoming move for those people who are waiting for the base S1 for a long time.

However, there’s a catch to the whole story. While Ola is giving a bigger battery at the same cost of Rs 99,999, it will continue to offer the same performance and range obtained from the smaller 2.98 kWh. If you want to utilize the full potential of the bigger 3.97 kWh battery pack and have access to other premium features included in the hardware like higher top speed, higher charging rate, ‘Hyper’ riding mode, cruise control, hill hold assist, and more, you will have to pay a hefty premium of Rs 30,000.

Read

Well ola seem to have bitten more than they could chew. they could have started small, with consistent month on month deliveries even could have concentrated on pockets of cities, but going gung ho and not delivering and then delivering defective bikes, bikes with cracked body shell will only take experience downwards. Yeah you could replace the bike with a new one but then sell the repaired bike to some other person. I would have preferred slow and steady approach. Proper QA in factory, proper bike transportation, and proper delivery. I would personally not touch Ola bikes for few more years. If i have to take a plunge may look for Ather or Chetak

Well ola seem to have bitten more than they could chew. they could have started small, with consistent month on month deliveries even could have concentrated on pockets of cities, but going gung ho and not delivering and then delivering defective bikes, bikes with cracked body shell will only take experience downwards. Yeah you could replace the bike with a new one but then sell the repaired bike to some other person. I would have preferred slow and steady approach. Proper QA in factory, proper bike transportation, and proper delivery. I would personally not touch Ola bikes for few more years. If i have to take a plunge may look for Ather or Chetak
This is exactly what I feel too. It's looking messy overall. I would also consider other options first like Ather, Chetak or iQube before Ola.

Thread Starter #37

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Ola Electric To Open Final Payment Window On January 21 For Customers Who've Paid ₹ 20,000

Ola Electric has announced that it will open the final payment window on January 21, 2022, at 6 pm, for all customers who have already paid ₹ 20,000 to reserve the S1 Pro. Bhavish Aggarwal, CEO - Ola Electric, confirmed the development in a tweet, along with special wishes on the auspicious occasion of Lohri, Sankranti and Pongal. The update comes as customers have been waiting to get their hands on the electric scooter amidst multiple delays. Customers who make the final payment on January 21 will receive the Ola S1 Pro by the end of the month or in February, Aggarwal added. The company is yet to announce dates for accepting fresh bookings.

Read

Thread Starter #38

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Ola CEO Bhavish Aggarwal announces ‘free upgrade’ for all Ola S1 buyers

s2vjqoc4_ola-electric-scooter_625x300_15_August_21.jpg

Ola Electric started deliveries of their electric scooters Ola S1 and Ola S1 Pro in December. Later, we found that all Ola S1 buyers were in fact getting Ola S1 Pro scooters that were limited to Ola S1 features. The company sent emails to Ola S1 buyers informing them about the upgrade. Now Ola CEO Bhavish Aggarwal has come forward and confirmed that the company is still only going to sell Ola S1 Pro scooter, even to buyers who purchase Ola S1.

Read

Top Bottom