Ola – Spain Here I Come!

Thread Starter #1
There comes a time in man's life where he just wants to run away from his normal routine to a place where serenity and calmness will take him over, well i have entered that phase of life now.

Guy's i would need a honest opinion and help from fellow member's,

I am planning to go to Spain in the month of January, it will be on a shoe string budget the plan is to spend 7 good quality day's there, now comes the real picture i am planning to explore Spain on two wheels,

now the Big Question

1. How safe is Spain?
2. How do i get Intl riding License? is it required?
3. How much budget should i keep aside?
4. Does English work in spain?
5. Any special precautions i should be taking?
6. The plan is to visit 4 different place in those 7 day's, is it possible?
7. as of now there will be just another rider along with me is it safe for us to be on 2 wheels just the 2 of us? or should i be looking for more people to accompany us?
8. I am open to any other country as long as it's a tourist friendly nation.
9. I have zeroed in on Harley V-Rod as my Ride is it the right choice?
10. Lastly is any of our member's interested?

Looking forward to your help guy's.Help me Re-Discover Myself

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Re: OLA - Spain Here I Come.

1. as a whole, not much. take extra precautions.
2. dont know much about riding, but for driving minimum local 2 years to be eligible for international, so maybe same for bikes.
3. depends on your shoppping budget.
4. to a certain extent yes but get a small handbook with basic spanish terms.
5. be care ful with food there. u will find it unbelievably bland.
6. it is possible. just need the willpower. which 4 places are u seeing?
7. that should be fine.
8. have u seen switzerland? or germany? or Italy? or France?
9. great choice because sports bikes will highly uncomfy for touring.

Re: OLA - Spain Here I Come.

1. Much safer than India.
2. Check Bangalore RTO website.
3. Depends on where you're going to stay?
4. English wont work, mostly, in Spain. Buy a small handbook. Will help you in basic conversations. I can help you out here. But a hand book will anytime give you more info.
5. Though Spanish people are friendly, you're in a foreign country. As type-r said, food will taste plain. As we are used to spicy food. Indian food is available too, but will be expensive. Try there food. It will be cheap and healthy too.
6. It is possible. As you'll be in Spain, I would suggest try to be in Spain only. Its beauitful. You wont be able to see all in 7 days. But you'll have a glimpse of it.
7. 2 is a good number. And who knows after you reach, the number doubles.[:)]
8. As I said above, explore Spain. There's a lot to see.
9. The cruiser will serve you good.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Ola – Spain Here I Come!

Does English work in spain?
English might be spoken in tourist areas but still doing a crash course of Spanish is advisable.

I am open to any other country as long as it's a tourist friendly nation.
If I were in your place, I’d visit Italy. The land of Ferraris and Lamborghinis. Spend a day in Galleria Ferrari to have the time of life. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Visran. Since you have time, a crash course would be very beneficial. As Vibhor said english is spoken in tourist areas, but still, they dont understand at most of the places. I have been frequenting to these areas. Knowledge of Spanish helps a lot. I will share a secret with you all. Since you will be dealing with various kinds of people. This one will get your work done in most of the cases. While going, buy a carton of cigarettes at the duty free shop at the airport in India. Offering cigarettes gets half of your work done at most of the places. It has been tried and tested by me. Few years back cigarette smoking was publically acceptable in Spain. You can openly smoke at public places like banks, airport, etc. I am not sure about now. In any case this 20$ investment will work.

Thread Starter #7

If I were in your place, I’d visit Italy. The land of Ferraris and Lamborghinis. Spend a day in Galleria Ferrari to have the time of life. :smile:
Any Idea about the approximate costing?(airfare+bike rental+ accommodation +food+misc for 7 day's)

. I will share a secret with you all. Since you will be dealing with various kinds of people. This one will get your work done in most of the cases. While going, buy a carton of cigarettes at the duty free shop at the airport in India.
That's very interesting, have you been to spain?

This one is not Spain specific though. It works everywhere.
Yes I have been to Spain many times. My work lets me travel around the world.

Thread Starter #10

This one is not Spain specific though. It works everywhere.
Yes I have been to Spain many times. My work lets me travel around the world.
Lucky chap[:D], would you suggest me to stick to Spain or look for other options in Europe? which wouldn't make me break a bank[;)]

I think best time to visit spain is during La tomatina!!!
Thank's for the info Marun, i knind of prefer to go on a non seasonal time

Visran

Yes Europe means costly in everything !! so be prepared with finances either it is Spain or Italy,France, Swiss,Germany,Benelux !!

I am sorry that I could not give you much idea on finances as all the time my company used to spend this and always one of my colleague used to accompany me to spend money and to deal with the local language.

Spain is a beautiful place and I do not have much idea on 2-wheel drive there.

With Schengen visa , I think you can visit some 25 countries I hope. I cannot remember exactly as my last trip was in 2009.

Regarding language, English is spoken less in any European country !! Germany I felt bit better and France too, but Swiss,Italy,Spain,Benelux are bad for English and you need to have minimum knowledge on regular used words in local language !!

Make a proper plan before your visit and check the suitable season as winter may be difficult visiting places with snowfalls. I always felt summer is the very good time to spend in Europe !!

All the good luck to you, I will share you more information on Spain after speaking to my old colleague [:)]

Thread Starter #12

All the good luck to you, I will share you more information on Spain after speaking to my old colleague [:)]
Thank's for the wishes sir, i will be looking forward to your response on this, do you have any other place in mind which is tourist friendly?

All the Europe looked to me same for tourism, little friendly and little not friendly at times except London. I hope your all plans will work in London well !! getting a good bike, you find lot of Indians who can help you in everything !! Just think about it, if not

Benelux is also good, when comparing with Italy,France and Germany !! where cost will be little less and for other things too, but my business trips & your proposed trip are entirely different, hence may be my experience will be less useful for you !!

Hope you receive the details of Leh trip which I sent you yesterday

Things were different when Italy used Lira and Spain, Pesos. After Euro came, all countries have become equally expensive.
Instead of looking a bit of many countries I would suggest to indulge yourself in one. Avoid doing it like a package tour.
You can try staying at someone's home. That's the cheapest option. There are many sites for this. Its also called couchsurfing. You can get homestays for as low as 100USD/week.

Top Bottom