Official Coverage: Tata Hexa Off-Road Experience

Thread Starter #16

Akash1886

Honoured Member
1. What is that large black portion on bottom (centre) of the windsheild? You have mentioned it as rain sensor I guess. Doesn't it interfere while driving?
No it doesn't. Its not that big to obstruct the view as such,

2. How good is the sweep from wipers? I saw the wipers have been designed like that of the Civic. But in Civic, the wipers were damn large unlike the ones on Hexa. Do they cover the glass perfectly?
This is called the 'Butterfly windscreen wipers style'. In the car driven by the marshal, he used wipers and I found the sweeping to be good enough.

Safari 2.2 is a timeless beauty. It still looks mean and clean in comparison.
Indeed. But sadly gone are those days now where the cars looked visually appealing. Now there are just a few examples of good looking cars like one is Hexa.[:)]

Regards

Akash

Those are indeed very detailed pictoral review of hexa. Some cool things I found out, was turn on- turn off button for the passenger Airbags and Aeroplane like indicator of the Airbag indicator. Pretty cool stuff! I guess this indicator was present in aria as well. Not sure.

Now coming to the view fromm dirvers side, I guess it may not be as commanding as that of Storme or Dicor. Kindly correct me. Do you see the front bonnet or that is completely hidden from the drivers view like in that of sedan? I would prefer to see some bumper.

How is the delivery of the MT vs AT for Hexa and compare the power with Storme, Crysta, XUV.

for the top end, from pictures, I felt that Hexa looks as premium as the crysta. however, many reviews said that crysta interiors does look premium. I have also seen the crysta (my bosses new car) thats an AT with tan leather finish seats. They do look premium. So for hexa, with all black interiors in the top end version, do the interior look premium?

Those are indeed very detailed pictoral review of hexa. Some cool things I found out, was turn on- turn off button for the passenger Airbags and Aeroplane like indicator of the Airbag indicator. Pretty cool stuff! I guess this indicator was present in aria as well. Not sure.

Now coming to the view fromm dirvers side, I guess it may not be as commanding as that of Storme or Dicor. Kindly correct me. Do you see the front bonnet or that is completely hidden from the drivers view like in that of sedan? I would prefer to see some bumper.

How is the delivery of the MT vs AT for Hexa and compare the power with Storme, Crysta, XUV.

for the top end, from pictures, I felt that Hexa looks as premium as the crysta. however, many reviews said that crysta interiors does look premium. I have also seen the crysta (my bosses new car) thats an AT with tan leather finish seats. They do look premium. So for hexa, with all black interiors in the top end version, do the interior look premium?
Yes they are indeed premium. The Crysta's interior is eye catching . The Hexa's is subtle yet premium. The car is built well and exudes quality. What enhances the Crysta's interior is the fake wood but personally I dont like that and I liked the Aria's interior more.

Yes the Bonnet is visible and you'd be surprised how easy it is to maneuver this vehicle.

Hey Akash Is there any drifting video ? btw wonderful coverage as usual.
Do you have some pictures where you mentioned bad/average quality plastic used?

Thread Starter #21

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hey Akash Is there any drifting video ?
No buddy since the memory card got full[lol]

btw wonderful coverage as usual.
[:D]

Do you have some pictures where you mentioned bad/average quality plastic used?
I have attached the pics of rear AC console, sunglasses holder et al in the 1st page buddy.

Regards

Akash

I have attached the pics of rear AC console, sunglasses holder et al in the 1st page buddy.

Regards

Akash
Akash sir:
I agree on 2nd row AC console plastic quality and I looks bit low than the overall car quality, however the answer I got sounds ok ishh, they said due to placement of 2nd row AC console on the floor, most of the times it will be abused and will take hit by shoes so hard plastic is required to make it sturdy and kind of hit resistant/robust to an extent. Please share your thoughts on this one

And exept these two places was the plastic quality satisfactory?

Last edited:
Nice coverage. [clap]

I particularly liked the Blue colour, Is the blue, white, black and silver are the only colours available?. And does the doors close with the strong thud?

They could have introduced more colours like purple, etc which would have made the vehicles to be sold more as people prefer more colours.

Thread Starter #24

Akash1886

Honoured Member
My Pleasure buddy![:)]

I particularly liked the Blue colour, Is the blue, white, black and silver are the only colours available?. And does the doors close with the strong thud?
Yes the doors do close with a good thud. The colors offered are:

Arizona Blue.
Tungsten Silver.
Pearl White.
Platinum Silver.
Sky Grey.

They could have introduced more colours like purple, etc which would have made the vehicles to be sold more as people prefer more colours.
I don't really know about the Purple one buddy but personally I would like to see the Hexa in a similar shade of Dark Metallic Brown like the one in Innova Crysta and if possible then in Sunset Orange too.

Regards

Akash

Akash Please help, do you find plastic quality subpar except rear AC console, sunglasses holder.

Am asking this question again (second time) because I want to book the vehicle and don't want to commit mistake as I did with Chevrolet Sail Sedan. Hope will get the answer this time to make the desicion [:)]

Thread Starter #26

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Akash Please help, do you find plastic quality subpar except rear AC console, sunglasses holder.

Am asking this question again (second time) because I want to book the vehicle and don't want to commit mistake as I did with Chevrolet Sail Sedan. Hope will get the answer this time to make the desicion
I am really sorry buddy to have missed your earlier query and you had to make the effort again. My apologies friend. In general, Hexa's fit and finish is far better than any other old TATA cars. Following the "Impact" Design language, I find Hexa to be a worthy SUV. Go ahead and do let me know if any further suggestions are needed.[:)] Take Care buddy and Sorry again for the late reply!

Regards

Akash

Nice thread Akash. Hexa looks butch with it's beefy looks. Awesome alloys and hope it's standard and is given to customers.

Finally, there is a some match to Innova Crysta and hope they price it right and learnt few bits from Aria.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #29

Akash1886

Honoured Member
HEXA Experience Centre to be the weekend destination for car enthusiasts in New Delhi

A specially curated off-road track for customers and enthusiasts

image002.jpg

New Delhi, June 06, 2017: Catering to the surging interest of auto enthusiasts in New Delhi, Tata Motors plans to bring alive a fun-filled and immersive experience for customers and enthusiasts through the HEXA Experience Centre (HEC). This unique engagement activity will be held at NSIC Exhibition Complex, Okhla Industrial Estate, New Delhi on June 10 - 11, 2017 from 2 PM – 10 PM.

Tata HEXA is a flagship product and a Lifestyle UV designed to be easy and comfortable to drive in the city, safe on highways and ready to be taken off the road to excite the customer. The Tata HEXA is ready to delight the customer Whatever the lifestyle demands of the customer. With a mix of unmatched features and broad capability, the car is received extremely well in the market. Through initiatives like the ‘HEXA Experience Centre’ Tata Motors’ focus is to get its customers to Touch, Feel and Experience its products and gets their hands on its superior on and off-road performance.

Powered by an advanced next-gen 2.2L VARICOR 400 diesel engine, the Tata HEXA delivers class leading 400 Nm torque and 156 PS power. The HEXA manual transmission variant, boasts first-in-segment ‘SUPER DRIVE MODES’ allowing the driver to seamlessly switch between the four different driving modes – Auto, Comfort, Dynamic and Rough Road, for enhanced ride comfort & stability over different terrains. The All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system is electronically controlled via an adaptive system by Borg Warner™, with torque on demand feature. The new ‘Super Drive Modes’ system is easy to use, with the advanced technology continuously monitoring the vehicle across different terrains. It provides instant feedback and timely alerts to the driver, with enhanced traction, better vehicle composure and handling, thus enabling smooth, effortless and seamless driving conditions – from heavy traffic to wide open roads.

Designed for customers to get an opportunity to get up close and experience the HEXA’s prowess on and off the road, the HEC was conceived to offer an immersive off-road experience. The specially curated off-road track features a side incline, articulation and staircase ramps, steep ascent and descent ramps, kerb stones, log barrier and roller ramps. Each one of these is designed to test the power, stability, and the driving experience of the HEXA. Adding further excitement, visitors can also experience the HEXA, at the hands of a professional stunt drivers. Additionally, the customers could test drive Tata Hexa and other new generation Tata Cars and avail on-spot evaluations of their existing cars for trade-in.

Following an awe-inspiring response from over 7,900 customers in phase I of the ‘HEXA Experience Centre’, Tata Motors is now adding 18 more cities to Phase II of experiential campaign.

About Tata Motors

Tata Motors Limited is India’s largest automobile company, with consolidated revenues of INR 2,75,561 crores (USD 41.6 billion) in 2015-16. Through subsidiaries and associate companies, Tata Motors has operations in the UK, South Korea, Thailand, South Africa and Indonesia. Among them is Jaguar Land Rover, the business comprising the two iconic British brands. It also has an industrial joint venture with Fiat in India. With over 9 million Tata vehicles plying in India, Tata Motors is the country’s market leader in commercial vehicles and among the top in passenger vehicles. Tata cars, buses and trucks are being marketed in several countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South Asia, South East Asia, South America, Australia, CIS and Russia.
Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #30

Akash1886

Honoured Member
HEXA Experience Centre becomes the weekend destination for car enthusiasts in New Delhi

A specially curated off-road track for customers and enthusiasts

Image 2_Tata HEXA showcasing its capabilities on the specially curated o....jpg

Image 3_Tata HEXA displaying its prowess on the roller ramps at the HEXA....jpg

New Delhi, June 10, 2017: Catering to the surging interest of auto enthusiasts in New Delhi, Tata Motors brought alive a fun-filled and immersive engagement activity through the HEXA Experience Centre (HEC), today. This unique engagement activity was held at NSIC Exhibition Complex, Okhla Industrial Estate, New Delhi and was attended by the company’s existing and prospective customers.

This experiential activity comprised of a specially curated off-road track which featured a side incline, articulation & staircase ramps, steep ascent & descent ramps, kerb stones, log barrier and roller ramps. Each one of these is designed to test the power, stability, and the driving experience of the HEXA. Adding further excitement to activity, visitors also experienced the HEXA at the hands of professional stunt drivers. Additionally, the customers were also given an opportunity to test drive the other new generation Tata Cars and avail on-spot evaluations of their existing cars for exchange.

Mr. Vivek Srivatsa, Head – Marketing, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors said, “HEXA – Our flagship product, is a Lifestyle Utility Vehicle that is designed to be easy and comfortable to drive in the city, safe on highways and ready to be taken off the road to excite the customer. With a mix of unmatched features and broad capability, the car has been received extremely well by the market. Through initiatives like the ‘HEXA Experience Centre’, our focus is to help our customers to touch, feel and experience the product which in turn would enhance the customer purchase experience.
Following an awe-inspiring response from over 7,900 customers in phase I of the ‘HEXA Experience Centre’, Tata Motors is now adding 18 more cities to Phase II of this experiential campaign.

Powered by an advanced next-gen 2.2L VARICOR 400 diesel engine, the Tata HEXA delivers class leading 400 Nm torque and 156 PS power. The HEXA manual transmission variant, boasts of first-in-segment ‘SUPER DRIVE MODES’ allowing the driver to seamlessly switch between the four different driving modes – Auto, Comfort, Dynamic and Rough Road, for enhanced ride comfort and stability over different terrains. The All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system is electronically controlled via an adaptive system by Borg Warner™, with torque on demand feature. The new ‘Super Drive Modes’ system is easy to use, with the advanced technology continuously monitoring the vehicle across different terrains. It provides instant feedback and timely alerts to the driver, with enhanced traction, better vehicle composure and handling, thus enabling smooth, effortless and seamless driving conditions – from heavy traffic to wide open roads.
Regards

Akash

Top Bottom