Offers on Honda Brio - Should I Buy Now or Not?

after sales service I have no idea till now...
After S.S is good here. Since i Bought the vehicle in June, I got a call from them in a week or so asking for feedback. Again they had reminded me with a call on july 15th, exactly after a month, for the 1st service. After the first service I again got a call after a month asking "hows the Brio doing ? Feel free to share us the problem if any". I guess 2 emails were sent too. Now since there isnt any problem as such the calls were always polite and peacefull.[;)]

Thank you for your feedback..If I am able to get free teflon and anti rust coating along with seat cover and foot mat, do you think that it would be a great deal or should I ask for something more?
Please note that I alreday mentioned I booked BRIO S MT and this will be my first car and I have no experience in bargaining in such situation.. [:)] .
Once again thanks a lot for your opinion.

Yes Suman I had booked my car with Eastern Honda...I would rate their sales service as not so good....to be honest..but that's my personal experience...their sales manager Mr. Anjum Sharma is a nice guy though....I opted for Brio VX MT...really great car for city drive.. I believe the best..except luggage space...it's totally value for money of course considering the amount of features and I do mean real features like ABS, EBD, Alloy wheels and Fog lamps that you are getting....after sales service I have no idea till now...

yeah anti-rust, seat cover, floor mats are good. Teflon is useless, try getting gear lock, extended warranty or 0dep insurance instead. Wont be easy to bargain as you have already booked. Is the booking amount refundable with no cancellation charges?

Personally I feel that HONDA dealers in Kolkata are not like Maruti or Hyundai dealers. You can hardly extract from them by bargaining.

yeah anti-rust, seat cover, floor mats are good. Teflon is useless, try getting gear lock, extended warranty or 0dep insurance instead. Wont be easy to bargain as you have already booked. Is the booking amount refundable with no cancellation charges?

Set12, nowhere in the world I guess the booking amount is refundable without any cancellation charges. just think from the dealer's perspective and you will understand.
@Suman: The seat covers at Eastern Honda start at Rs 6700, the medium one being at Rs 7700 and the highest one at Rs. 9500. I don't think the difference in price makes any substantial difference in quality here and BTW they had given me steering wheel cover as free NOT seat cover which I had bought separately from them. I had also opted from B2B insurance and zero depreciation as I felt those were needed. out of my pocket of course :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Aztec. Actually before I finalised my deal with Eastern Honda, I talked to Pinnacle Honda as well. both are giving free insurance but for rest of them they are not committing anything. they said we usually provide Foot mat, tissue box, car perfume etc. (those small things.) Even if I said that if I get a better deal, I will shift to other dealer. Still I did not find any response from Pinnacle Honda.That's why I finalised the deal with Eastern Honda. Finally today they have committed to provide me seat cover and floor mat and mentioned it in their Sale Contract.

Honestly speaking I am not even thinking of cancelling my booking. My only concern is whatever I am getting as freebies is good enough or I should ask for something more.

Aztec, please suggest. Since you have recently bought your BRIO from Eastern Honda, your suggestion will surely help me a lot. Thanks in advance.

Set12, nowhere in the world I guess the booking amount is refundable without any cancellation charges. just think from the dealer's perspective and you will understand.
@Suman: The seat covers at Eastern Honda start at Rs 6700, the medium one being at Rs 7700 and the highest one at Rs. 9500. I don't think the difference in price makes any substantial difference in quality here and BTW they had given me steering wheel cover as free NOT seat cover which I had bought separately from them. I had also opted from B2B insurance and zero depreciation as I felt those were needed. out of my pocket of course :)

Suman,

ask for B2B insurance and zero depreciation-that will help you in the long run and if possible 3M underbody coating as someone had rightly observed in the forum, the teflon coating is a waste of money if you have to pay form your pocket but if they give it for free with the 3M (as they gave it for me) then it's a steal for you :) basically what it does is that it protects the car paint from UV radiation and is a heat reducer so to say at least that's what they told me.

Hi guys,
I made 2 blatant mistakes and I want to punch myself for that- firstly I drove the car for some distance and up an incline while the handbrake was still engaged, secondly I tried restarting the engine while it was still running-it made a real bad sound..please let me know if I had damaged anything..is yes then can I ask the service guys to have a look and change anything if necessary, free of cost?

Hi guys,
I made 2 blatant mistakes and I want to punch myself for that- firstly I drove the car for some distance and up an incline while the handbrake was still engaged, secondly I tried restarting the engine while it was still running-it made a real bad sound..please let me know if I had damaged anything..is yes then can I ask the service guys to have a look and change anything if necessary, free of cost?
Its fine generally everyone will make these mistakes once in their driving life. So, no worries but be careful from next time. Cranking engine(atleast most of the Brio owners have cranked atleat once) is ok but driving with handbrake engaged makes your engine to work more. So be careful from next time!!!

Cheers [drive]

Hi guys,
Not a serious issue when done once in a while. I cranked up the pots twice when I was in the process of getting used to silent i-vtec engine in the traffic. Engine NVH was hardly audible. Make sure it isn't repeated again. Same for the handbrakes too. Not serious but be sure not to be repeated [:)]

Thanks a lot guys. another thing is I guess the gearshift and speed regulation is very much synchronized in BRIO. this is my first car and first Honda. I don't know whether it's true for the other cars also. I was doing a U turn on an empty road in 3rd gear and reduced the speed a bit. the car gave out a real bad sound. I should have downshifted to 2nd. don't know what damage I had done as of now our driver is driving the car and am really scared to drive it for fear of ruining the beautiful baby :). need to drive it myself and definitely need to habituate myself to Honda way of driving I guess.

Any info about the discounts in Chennai? Last time I checked they were giving insurance for Re.1. I should be going to the showroom tomorrow. Will update it here.

I am planning to buy Brio VxMT in hyderabad this week.
Could someone let me know on discounts.. And freebeis to ask for
Thsnk you
Hi Samba and welcome to TAI. [:)]

Discounts may be hyd guys can help you out with it. I am not sure on the discounts being offered.
There isn't any limit for how many freebies you can get. Bargain hard. Get as much as you can.

Some of them are:
puncture kit, car cover, mudflaps,floor mats and rear parcel tray come free with VX MT.
You can ask for corner guards, vent visors, door guards. Cash discounts will help too. Go for extended warranty and dep.

Any info about the discounts in Chennai? Last time I checked they were giving insurance for Re.1. I should be going to the showroom tomorrow. Will update it here.
same goes to you buddy. Extended warranty and dep.

Update :

Visited Honda showroom today. The current offer is free insurance and 5k cash discount. No loyalty bonus (bad). Just got a City SMT from them a couple of months back.

Top Bottom