Off-Roading With New Mahindra Thar (2020)

Thread Starter #1
We got to drive Thar diesel manual base AX variant which did not include roll cage, brake lock differential, cruise control and lot more..

My Observation after test driving Thar 2020

- The capability and comfort are leaps and bounds ahead of previous gen Thar.

- Good to know that they are providing Ceat CZAR All-Terrain Tyres in stock form.

- Looks like fitting 35" tyres are bolt on, lets wait and watch.

- There is one flaw which we found - the radiator is placed way lower than the previous gen Thar. This should be rectified with bigger tyres I guess.

- Even though ABS and EBD come as standard for all variants it locked the wheels while braking in a slope.

- Coil spring setup is a bonus for offroaders.

- Surprisingly water did not seep in while water wading, Unlike previous gen Thars.

- Mahindra should have also released the 5 door version of the Thar, they could have seen bookings greater than 9000.

- Thar is a serious competitor not just for Force Gurkha but Wrangler as well. People who want to buy the Wrangler will definitely give the Thar a second thought.

- Gears are so easy to shift, be it low range or higher one.

- Thar could clear all the obstacles of dirty drivez track in stock form itself.

- There is a lot of mod potential is what I hear from a veteran.

In the video "Thar 2020 Water Wading" The water level looks higher than the prescribed level of 650mm. The water was bit above the bonnet and could have gone through the air intake.

Top Bottom