Objections On Using 1990 Maruti 800 in Delhi?

Thread Starter #1
hi all, problem is i have recently buyed 1990 maruti 800, and i love that car a lot but i am been tolled that i cant use it in Delhi, so i have to sell it kindly advise me what should i do to keep it with me, also if there are any suggestions to upgrade or modify its performance then please advise

350Z

Core Team
Re: requirement for 1997 maruti 800 to be used in delhi

Hello Amit, Since April 2010, all cars must meet BS-4 Emission Norms in order to be registered in Delhi. If your Maruti 800 was previously registered in Delhi itself, then I believe you can continue using, given that it qualifies the fitness test which takes place during re-registration after every five years for vehicles older than 15 Years. By the way, why does your thread title suggest that you are looking for 1997 Maruti 800? There’s one up for sale at our online classifieds: For Sale: Maruti 800 1997 model - The Automotive India Marketplace

Drive Safe,
350Z

hi all, problem is i have recently buyed 1990 maruti 800, and i love that car a lot but i am been tolled that i cant use it in Delhi, so i have to sell it kindly advise me what should i do to keep it with me, also if there are any suggestions to upgrade or modify its performance then please advise
Buddy, a lot of confusion between your thread title & the content.
Is it 1997 or 1990? Some one TOLD that you cannot use her in Delhi or is it TOLLED?[confused]
I have no idea on Delhi norms.

Thread Starter #4

hi 350z sorry if the title has miss suggested you its was meant by me that the requirements that are to fulfilled by me to use my car in delhi. if i register my car in uttranchal and use it in delhi showing that i was travelling through as i have seen many cars used in this way will this go, also is this rule only in delhi or is applicable in ncr also for i am about to be shifted in gurgaon kindly advise

350Z

Core Team
Delhi & NCR, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad / Secundrabad, Ahmedabad, Pune, Surat, Kanpur, Agra, Lucknow and Solapur are the cities where BS-4 norms are applicable. Could you specify if the car was registered in Delhi by the first owner? If so, then there's a possibility that you may be able to use it if it passes the fitness criteria which is set by the RTO.

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended

Hi all, the problem is that i have recently bought a 1990 maruti 800, and i love the car a lot but i am being told that i cant use it in delhi, so i have to sell it. Kindly advise me as to what should i do to keep it with me, also if there are any suggestions to upgrade or modify its performance then please advice.

hi 350z sorry if the title has miss suggested you its was meant by me that the requirements that are to fulfilled by me to use my car in delhi. if i register my car in uttranchal and use it in delhi showing that i was travelling through as i have seen many cars used in this way will this go, also is this rule only in delhi or is applicable in ncr also for i am about to be shifted in gurgaon kindly advise

hi 350z sorry if the title has mis-suggested you its was meant by me(what I meant was) that the requirements that are to fulfilled by me to use my car in delhi. if i register my car in uttranchal and use it in delhi showing that i was travelling through as i have seen many cars used in this way will this go(If i register the car in uttranchal and use it in delhi showing that I was travelling through, as I have seen many cars do, will this work?), also is this rule only in delhi or is applicable in ncr also for i am about to be shifted in gurgaon kindly advise.

This is how your posts are supposed to be read.

Now back to the query:

1: the car can not be registered in delhi. But you can use it if it is registered in any other state.

2: I wouldnt suggest performance mods for a 20 year old car.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

Now back to the query:

1: the car can not be registered in delhi. But you can use it if it is registered in any other state.

2: I wouldnt suggest performance mods for a 11 year old car.
is there any loss that i have to bare because of the car being registered outside Delhi.
secondly i want to apologize to all about a miss-conception that the car is 11 year old, it is 20 year old and still is quite peppy . it was a project i took .

AMG

Suspended

is there any loss that i have to bare because of the car being registered outside Delhi.
secondly i want to apologize to all about a miss-conception that the car is 11 year old, it is 20 year old and still is quite peppy . it was a project i took .
1: no loss as such. Just that the cops may stop you more often to check the documents. But nothing to fear if all are in order, and you are on the right side of the loss.

2: If you are hell bent on mods, get a performance exhaust and a K&N filter.(none of them recommended for a car this old, though)

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team

Just as AMG said, you’ll be stopped by policemen more often when driving an outside registered car in Delhi. Having said that, Delhi has now stringent traffic laws than ever. I think you will be better off driving the UA registered car in Gurgaon with relatively less fuss.

Please elaborate on what kind of modifications you are seeking for. Did you wanted some kind of modifications so that the car can be allowed to be registered in Delhi or for actual performance purposes? If that’s the case, this is the right section to post the query: The Performance Zone.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z
Came across an old thread.
But still, am curious to know by today's standards,

If the car's engine has problems and emits too much smoke then ofcourse, he will be in trouble.
In such cases where it won't make through PUC tests and engine has too much trouble, he will have to get the half engine work done, which is like having a new engine.
Do you think such an investment will be a waste considering the age of the car in a state like Delhi?

Last edited:

Top Bottom