Number of Problems in Brand New Toyota Etios

Sell Car

Thread Starter #61
This group of people write reviews against not only me, they acknowledge one or two faults in ETIOS and they very diplomatically write that even if noise is higher it gives sports car feeling, what can u expect at this price?, You don't know how to drive a car.You are driving car for the first time.
They try to convert all the faults in ETIOS into foolish features and try to woo prospective buyers.
Some even made more personal remarks which are not worth sharing in public forums.These people always write reviews in short eg- 2-4 lines max. Their language is also not of automobile experts, they appear to be commerce or arts graduates or just freshers, without any knowledge of brand and product they comment on others.
They change names and ids frequently on different blog and prefer to write and portray as doctor(Dr.) or other respected good professions.

I have been facing problems in my Toyota ETIOS since February 2011 and to discuss those problems I started writing on the famous websites so as to get to know that whether my ETIOS is faulty or it is a generic problem with all ETIOS. These kind of doubts crept into my mind as the dealer personnel were confirming there is problem in my ETIOS and later they refuted to acknowledge.
To verify it I started posting on famous websites and in turn I had to face some derogatory personal remarks from individuals who followed all my blogs and commented"cheaply" to me. To avoid this I had to upload my own website where I could discuss my problems and if there are people who are facing similar problems are welcome to join.
Initially after buying Toyota ETIOS, It was difficult convincing myself that my Toyota ETIOS has so many problems where as my 11 years old car is much better than my Toyota ETIOS.

Last edited:
myetios Munish I support you, keep up your good work. In-case try consumer court.File a case against company and dealer.It will time time consuming but output will be on your side.

I dont think he was expecting RR quality at anytime.[confused] And Toyota was the one who did advertise 'Q class' which they meant to be Quality Class. He did not see that anywhere and so he's speaking his mind out and letting others know about his experiences I presume. I dont see him at fault or to be blamed here.
I too own an ETIOS G and am quite happy with the performance. It's damn peppy car to say the least and can shame quite a few sedans above it's price.

Every car has it's own set of pros and cons and I am sure munish must have evaluated all of them prior to buying it then why the bashing. All the points mentioned by munish can be evaluated without using the car for extensive periods like weather gasket, center console etc.

@Munish : Try evaluating the pros of ETIOS against the segment and you'll see that omitting a weather gasket is not that an important issue. Regarding NVH levels, I can vouch for that it's is totally acceptable. Mine is almost quite till 80-90 kmph that too on average goodyears.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #64
I too own an ETIOS G and am quite happy with the performance. It's damn peppy car to say the least and can shame quite a few sedans above it's price.

Every car has it's own set of pros and cons and I am sure munish must have evaluated all of them prior to buying it then why the bashing. All the points mentioned by munish can be evaluated without using the car for extensive periods like weather gasket, center console etc.

@Munish : Try evaluating the pros of ETIOS against the segment and you'll see that omitting a weather gasket is not that an important issue. Regarding NVH levels, I can vouch for that it's is totally acceptable. Mine is almost quite till 80-90 kmph that too on average goodyears.

freakdude.
@Freakdude : I have seen your profile and I believe you are also an engineer. It is the social responsibility of any engineer or the engineering company to produce good Quality products.

Quality – Good and Price -High = Engineering Design Fails.

Quality -Poor and Price-High=Engineer Design Fails

Quality -Poor and Price –Low=Engineer Design Fails

Quality-Good and Price-Low=Engineering Design PASSES.

How do you classify segmentation of Toyota ETIOS?
Car-Toyota ETIOS
Version-Model V
Type-Sedan
Price- INR 7.5L
Features- Poor
Quality of material-Poor (Black Plastic turning grey, power windows make noise, battery drains in a weeks time)
Quality of Engineering-Poor (Missing weather gaskets)

With such a high price and poor workmanship it does not even qualify to compete with any car on Indian roads.I mean to say any sedan or any hatchback for that matter. This is not at all VFM.

I have severe problems of noise and vibrations from the engine and road inside the passenger cabin.

My Toyota ETIOS creates noise and vibrations like tractor and the vibrations are so intense that the door shakes as if the woofer is making sound which I have not installed in my car. These vibrations are more prominent when the AC and blower is switched OFF and you are standing at signal light.

At this time the vibrations and engine noise are more hear-able and the ICE fails at this time. Missing weather gaskets also allow dust, dirt, insects, lizards etc inside the Toyota ETIOS. And it is very embarrassing to see the pathetic line up of dirt at the rear doors when you invite any guest to be seated in your car.

Toyota ETIOS is a sedan for the customer who is buying sedan for the first time.

Toyota ETIOS Quality is only on papers.

freakdude.
I am also happy with my Liva G and it's performance is really amazing but i'm not too much happy about the mileage as i am getting only an average of 13 kmpl. But in our roads in Kerala 13 kmpl is more than one could dream.:tongue:

Weather gasket is not an issue if your car is used regularly. Plastic quality on Etios is at par with other 'made for Indian' cars. About NVH, no such problems once the car is get heated. ie: after one minute of idling. I think this is because the engine is tuned for efficiency rather than sudden acceleration.

Thread Starter #66
I am also happy with my Liva G and it's performance is really amazing but i'm not too much happy about the mileage as i am getting only an average of 13 kmpl. But in our roads in Kerala 13 kmpl is more than one could dream.:tongue:

Weather gasket is not an issue if your car is used regularly. Plastic quality on Etios is at par with other 'made for Indian' cars. About NVH, no such problems once the car is get heated. ie: after one minute of idling. I think this is because the engine is tuned for efficiency rather than sudden acceleration.
You know why I mention NVH and weather gasket in every thread is for the basic reason that if Toyota Engineers would have supplied this weather gasket ( merely costing approx 4000 per car), then the overall Quality of Toyota ETIOS would have been enhanced. This weather gasket has so many features.
1) Sound Insulator - Prohibit noise from engine and road inside the passenger cabin. This is the reason why Nano is much silent for passengers and driver.
2) ICE- Any unwanted audio signal is called as Noise, thus by installing the weather gaskets the overall NVH of the vehicle could be enhanced. And this would have resulted in comfort, luxury and travel enjoyment.
3) Vibrations-These weather gaskets along with little dampers on the inside of the bonnet and the area below the dashboard would have resulted in a very quite Toyota ETIOS and it would have not been compared with Tractor or auto-rickshaw (which also does not have weather gasket)

For designing any car - Engineers have the following procedural commitments.
1) Use the best quality material available in the market.

2) Use the best technology.

3) Take care of Comfort, Safety, Luxury, performance, looks, design.

4) Above all meet the basic criteria for usability of the car.

5) Make car affordable-keep the price economical without compromising on the above parameters.

I want my Toyota to be the best among all the available vehicles. It will be an insult to Toyota ETIOS to be compared with sedans in its segment because it is customers like you are defending Toyota ETIOS against its flaws. This way Toyota will never be able to analyse the problems and solve them.

If the problems in Toyota ETIOS are not solved it will spoil the image of Toyota worldwide.

You can be liberal with compromises on Toyota Quality but I love the brand and want them to acknowledge the faults in my ETIOS and rectify them.

Well I am getting a mileage of 10 kmpl only. And I have the same feedback from most of the ETIOS customers.

Where is this commitment from Toyota Engineers.

It is our faith on Toyota brand that we have bought this vehicle and since we are facing these problems Toyota must address our issues.

Give me an honest reply that you have bought ETIOS or Toyota ETIOS?

You know why I mention NVH and weather gasket in every thread is for the basic reason that if Toyota Engineers would have supplied this weather gasket ( merely costing approx 4000 per car), then the overall Quality of Toyota ETIOS would have been enhanced. This weather gasket has so many features.
1) Sound Insulator - Prohibit noise from engine and road inside the passenger cabin. This is the reason why Nano is much silent for passengers and driver.
2) ICE- Any unwanted audio signal is called as Noise, thus by installing the weather gaskets the overall NVH of the vehicle could be enhanced. And this would have resulted in comfort, luxury and travel enjoyment.
3) Vibrations-These weather gaskets along with little dampers on the inside of the bonnet and the area below the dashboard would have resulted in a very quite Toyota ETIOS and it would have not been compared with Tractor or auto-rickshaw (which also does not have weather gasket)

For designing any car - Engineers have the following procedural commitments.
1) Use the best quality material available in the market.

2) Use the best technology.

3) Take care of Comfort, Safety, Luxury, performance, looks, design.

4) Above all meet the basic criteria for usability of the car.

5) Make car affordable-keep the price economical without compromising on the above parameters.

I want my Toyota to be the best among all the available vehicles. It will be an insult to Toyota ETIOS to be compared with sedans in its segment because it is customers like you are defending Toyota ETIOS against its flaws. This way Toyota will never be able to analyse the problems and solve them.

If the problems in Toyota ETIOS are not solved it will spoil the image of Toyota worldwide.

You can be liberal with compromises on Toyota Quality but I love the brand and want them to acknowledge the faults in my ETIOS and rectify them.

Well I am getting a mileage of 10 kmpl only. And I have the same feedback from most of the ETIOS customers.

Where is this commitment from Toyota Engineers.

It is our faith on Toyota brand that we have bought this vehicle and since we are facing these problems Toyota must address our issues.

Give me an honest reply that you have bought ETIOS or Toyota ETIOS?

Just try sitting in a NANO and then you'll see what NVH levels are.
Secondly, since when installing a weather gasket improve the ICE audibility?
And finally, I am not defending anything. I am too a customer to Toyota like you and am quite satisfied with what I have. [thumbsup]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #69
Just try sitting in a NANO and then you'll see what NVH levels are.
Secondly, since when installing a weather gasket improve the ICE audibility?
And finally, I am not defending anything. I am too a customer to Toyota like you and am quite satisfied with what I have. [thumbsup]

freakdude.
Even Nano has the weather gaskets installed which is the most cost effective vehicle on Indian Roads.
In my Toyota ETIOS, in the absence of weather gaskets a lot of noise from the road and the engine enter inside the passenger cabin. I have to increase the volume of ICE to listen music.[music]

Just now felt the earthquake tremors, the severity of the earthquake was measured as 6.6 on richter scale in Delhi and NCR. The earthquake lasted for 5-10 seconds. The epicenter is Kundli in Sonepat.

The vibrations were similar to the ride in my Toyota ETIOS.[drive]

Even Nano has the weather gaskets installed which is the most cost effective vehicle on Indian Roads.
In my Toyota ETIOS, in the absence of weather gaskets a lot of noise from the road and the engine enter inside the passenger cabin. I have to increase the volume of ICE to listen music.[music]
@Munish, I feel very sad by going through your post & website. After looking at the pics & description you provided I think there is no doubt the car has many faults.

I own a Hyundai i10 & faced very bad experience with it. Few days back I was coming back from Nainital to Noida and was driving on NH-24 highway & suddenly it rained very heavily. Few minutes after water droplets started falling inside the cabin from the right-rear door. I stopped the vehicle on a road side Dhabba and checked the door & gasket. Partially removed and reset it there, no help, water was still coming from there, so did a jugad by stuffing a small cloth. Though it was for 20-25 minutes but I felt v-bad [anger] as I've not faced this previously. On checking this at the workshop they told that it was due to normal wear-tear as the car is now 3 years old and needs change. So I got it changed and now I'm waiting for that heavy rain, let's see how it goes.[confused]

However, with the sad customers there are happy customers as well. Only difference is that the happy customers have not faced such circumstances yet.

I PURCHASED MY ETIOS IN MARCH 2011. I AM REALY VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE CAR .

IT IS OF VERY POOR QUALITY, VIBRATES LIKE AUTO RICKSHAW.POOR QUALITY SHOCK ABSORBER. POOR CAR AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM, POOR SOUND INSULATION OF THE VEHICLE.

AVERAGE IS ONLY 8 TO 10 KM /LT OF PETROL.

WHEN I COMPLAIN TO TOYOTA THEIR OFFICERS ARE SAYING THAT IT IS A CHEAPER CAR AND IN CHEAP PRICE INDIA AND INDIANS WILL GET THAT QUALITY CAR.

I TRUSTED TOYOTA AND PURCHASED THE CAR .

TOYOTA HAS TAKEN INDIA AND INDIANS FOR A RIDE , BY INTRODUCING THE POOR QUALITY CAR AT VERY HIGH PRICE. WE ALL HAVE TO RAISE OUR VOICE AGAINST THE TOYOTA KIRLOSKAR AND MAKE COMPLAIN AGAINST THEM TO MRTP COMMISSION , MINISTRY COMPANY AFFAIRS , CONSUMER COURT ETC.

IN SPITE OF SO MANY COMPLAIN THEY ARE NOT DOING ANY THING.

I SUGGEST THAT IF ANY WANTS TO MAKE COMPLAIN TO TOYOTA FOR ETIOS , SHOULD WRITE TO THEIR DIRECTORS DIRECTLY.

IF ANY ONE WANTS THE DIRECTOR'S ADDRESSES I AM WILLING TO HELP THEM.

AFTER DRIVING ,THIS VIBRATING ETIOS , MY Cervical spondylosis PAIN INCREASED.

I AM TAKING SPECIAL TREATMENT FOR THE SAME.

I REQUEST EVERY ONE TO THINK TEN TIMES BEFORE GOING FOR TOYOTA ETIOS.

Jayeesh Thats really sad To hear about it

You mentioned that "WHEN I COMPLAIN TO TOYOTA THEIR OFFICERS ARE SAYING THAT IT IS A CHEAPER CAR AND IN CHEAP PRICE INDIA AND INDIANS WILL GET THAT QUALITY CAR."

Those officers is dicouraging Indians a? I could have belted him if i was you.He thinks he can fool us with a cheap features,no essential parts

Even health problems due to a car! thats intolerable [anger]

Top Bottom