Now Read This: The Laws of The Land

Thread Starter #1
We travel in an imperfect world. Imperfect roads, Imperfect road law, Imperfect riders, Imperfect rider awareness, Imperfect enforcers and enforcements.

We freely travel on the paths of righteousness and unrighteousness based on our needs of the hour and justify ourselves easily.

We probably know the simple rules that we must show blinkers when taking a turn, stop at a signal, etc. Now know the real rules, the rules that will probably save our life.

The Law of Life: There is blood on the roads. Know this. Just turn to page 2 on your favorite news paper. It can as well be yours. The only way to save your soul is to keep your eyes wide open, leave logic and reason at home and load up on survival instincts.

The Law of Faith: Fear the law more than the crime. For you know the nature of the crime, but you do not know the ways in which the law betrays you. You can get more hurt by the loss of faith. You probably can survive being a victim in a crime, but it will be a lot harder if you were a victim of your own faith or trust. Trust just this. You have someone to go home to and that is your only faith to hang on to.

The Law of Order: You are a fool to expect orderly conduct from a fellow commuter. For this country was torn and torn again for centuries by waves of enemies using one fundamental weakness: Lack of unity of thought and purpose. You will be obstructed, your right of the way will be violated, your wisdom will be challenged and that is the way it goes.

The Law of Reason: There is a fundamental flaw to a reasoned approach to transportation. The registration department is compromised, and so is the licensing department, and so is the RTA and traffic department. The wolf is now guarding the sheep, a billion of them. So its a feast and you are the dish. Now reason with this.

Excellent thread been_there. Brilliant write up.

I just hope in addition to these laws, our govt. too gets in some laws which can improve the road conditions in country.

Hats-off dude! Nicely written. Did I see some amount of anger peeking out of those not-so-subtle words or was it in my head?

I could not agree with you more on the Law of Reason - wolf is now guarding the sheep, a billion of them and there is a feast! Awesome!

The best part these sheep do try to find another innocent sheep to join the wolf and be on their side, but as it turns out, it is another hideous wolf donned the wool :)

Thread Starter #7
Hats-off dude! Nicely written. Did I see some amount of anger peeking out of those not-so-subtle words or was it in my head?
Yep. The right word is rage. Rage, coming out of absolute horror of helplessness in this mad mad (driving) culture of ours. It's like the loud laughter of a mad man tearing his own clothes.

I have seen cultures that have given a whole new meaning to orderly conduct, social etiquette and mannerisms. I just don't understand why the oldest civilization known to man refuses to learn this simple but fundamental element of evolution.

I cannot even begin to talk about the emotional, physical, social consequences of our madness. What is our next generation going to see and learn? It's just one of those things that I just cannot come to terms with. End of rant.

What is our next generation going to see and learn? It's just one of those things that I just cannot come to terms with. End of rant.
end of war leads to peaceful conduct and peace making practices.none other than India has stood always an example of same.e.g be mahabharatha or great Ashoka.
Yep. The right word is rage.
yes the rage is what runs in blood of us Indian against each others ,hence no unity no unanimous thoughts.
it starts from very basic schooling where kids are compared with brighter ones or richer ones or cleaner ones,brats with meek ones, even cast-ism.

idealism in society has developed so much of this impossible "perfect" thing that ages are being spent dreaming about perfect world.
very unfortunate for an idealist; such realities do not exist as nature doesn't function in such manner.
nature survives on revival and regeneration where certain kind of system function to extent of saturation until it explodes then those resultants from fragments of explosion regenerates into a new subsystem consuming each other.

it is up to an individual consciousness or awareness to look around and be aware of act of nature where we individuals are mere part of it.

an analysis and criticism becomes immaterial when truth comes forth then those intellectual understandings and blame games remain just black and white literatures .

Is the mad mad culture of ours a result of our eternal problem of over-population? I can never imagine that if there is a emtpy stretch of road and you ask some of our drivers to be in a straight line, it will be actually possible.

It is that itch to be in front of everyone leads us to this state of nowhere.

Execellent write to start my comments.

Now I just want to understand the reason for such a write up. It is not that I do not agree with the statements made in the first post but fail to understand the reason and why you chose this place as a platform ?

Whatever you have mentioned is absolutley correct one way or the other and people should practice as much as possible for themselves and their dear ones.

* No hard feelings but unable to digest. Please share freely the reason (if possible.) My gut feeling says there is something somewhere, which is coming out in this form. :-)

Thread Starter #11
Is the mad mad culture of ours a result of our eternal problem of over-population?
You're spot on!! Bulls eye!! Bingo!!

You have said in a single line what will take a few generations for our masses to grasp. About your reservations on whether we will behave given a good atmosphere, I can assure you that we will. For a live example, take the case of the millions of non-resident indians in europe and the USA.

On a personal note, I believe you are a person of wisdom and someone that has a vision and a direction. I am honored to have you as a reader of my post.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
* No hard feelings but unable to digest. Please share freely the reason (if possible.) My gut feeling says there is something somewhere, which is coming out in this form. :-)
Please see my initial (the first one from top) response to the Traveler above to know the actual reason.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for those kind words! Whatever you have written was pretty thought provoking.
You should also pick up a pen or a keyboard and start writing:)

Thread Starter #15
Sorry for my ignorance but still unable to make out anything. [:)]
Let me help you. Here is why:

I have seen cultures that have given a whole new meaning to orderly conduct, social etiquette and mannerisms. I just don't understand why the oldest civilization known to man refuses to learn this simple but fundamental element of evolution.

I cannot even begin to talk about the emotional, physical, social consequences of our madness. What is our next generation going to see and learn? It's just one of those things that I just cannot come to terms with. End of rant.
Hope that's clear.

Top Bottom