Now, Personalize Your A-Star by Maruti ‘Wrap Concept’!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Fresh Hot news by Maruti Suzuki, First at The Automotive India.

Maruti Suzuki India introduces the concept of ‘Wrapping’ for the A-star customer

• Set to revolutionise the car market with this unique concept, another first to its credit~

New Delhi, September 15, 2010: Maruti Suzuki today introduced the concept of ‘Wrapping’ to the Indian customer, with the introduction of an exclusive accessories pack for the A-star customer. Customers could now personalise their Maruti A-star and A-star automatic to suit their personality and choose from 16 interesting options. A special catalogue, displaying the available choices was also released.

Providing a rationale for coming out with this novel concept, Shashank Srivastava, Maruti Suzuki India Chief General Manager- Marketing, said “Designer car wraps lend novelty, makes the user stand out in a crowd and looks really attractive. Moreover, Gen Y - which forms our core TG, is always on the lookout for new and creative things to match their personality type. The best part about a wrap is that it makes the car look like an extension of you. This special accessory pack will provide discerning customers a ‘sporty feel’, and provide them with an opportunity to customise the car to reflect their attitude.”

Each of the 16 designs are meant to bring out the lighter side of the customer and challenge him to don the avatar of a rock star or a sturdy rock or a nocturnal or an enigmatic personality, and many more such interesting looks. An A-star or an A-star automatic customer could get his car wrapped for a nominal cost by calling at 18100 1800 180. In sync with the A-star positioning of Stop@nothing, Maruti Suzuki has also developed a unique ad-campaign for the brand. The creative revolves around the power of self belief for the new generation of Indians that believe in no limits. Conceived by M/s Capital advertising and produced by Little Lambs production, the campaign will be running at very high decibels across major satellite channels, print, web, outdoor and other below the line activations.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
1. Adventure

adventure.jpg

2. Dare Devil

daredevil.jpg

3. Dazzler

dazzler.jpg

4. Enigma

enigma.jpg

5. Evergreen

evergreen.jpg

6. Freedom

freedom.jpg

7. Hip Hopper

hip hoper.jpg

8. Lightening

Lightning.jpg

9. Lively

Lively.jpg

10. Nocturnal

nocturnal.jpg

11. Passionate

passionate.jpg

12. Rock Star

Rockstar.jpg

13. Sharp

sharp.jpg

14. Sturdy

sturdy.jpg

15. Techie

techie.jpg

16. Warrior

warrior.jpg

I love all of them!! Perfect for the younger generation. I'll see if I can buy one when I go to college.
BTW, you rock Vibhor!!! :biggrin:

Oh yes am not disappointed! Definitely a good initiative. But i din like all the designs , some are looking wacky and overdone. Anyways i think the car will look much better in real i guess rather than the pictures! Now we can see few A-Star's which we can envy!

Good work 350Z , any idea on the pricing?

And now i understand why our TD report car had that sticker![lol]

Passionate looks okay in picture but looks very good in real. I have a similar feeling for all the colors!

We have a thread here with all these kind of stickers on some of the fabulous cars and we said wish we had those here in India , and now we have them in India too!

Somehow I don't understand what Maruti is doing with A-star. Somehow its not clicking for them. So many TV adv. also not helping much.
Though stickers are looking funky, but not sure what will be the impact.

Do not like the concept at all

Well IMO this initiative of maruti is like "people dont like me to be a friend so I have dressed like Akshay kumar(if I am man) or like Katrina Kaif(if I am a woman)". I dont think Indian market is a perfect place to try these types of experiments.[cry] But its export units' sales may increase by this idea.

In the past LML have also tried similar idea for its Freedom with lots of colour choices, and we all know the consequences.

The graphics which are displayed in the photos by Vibhor are not that catchy to me.I have seen these types of graphics being done only to the vehicles of some auto enthusiasts who are very few in numbers.

Let us hope for the best[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team
Not everyone tastes alike, there’s a lotta mix of audiences out there, and of course some elderly buyers may not ever prefer such graphic job on their car but then, this is the car for Gen-Y, as rightly stated by Maruti’s Shashank Srivastava. Personally speaking, I find this to be an interesting concept but what remains to be seen is how good response does it receives from real customers. I accept, some of the designs are a way too wacky, but not all like Noctournal (Similar to one on Scorpio), Techie and Warrior to name a few.

Drove Safe,
350Z

Well IMO this initiative of maruti is like "people dont like me to be a friend so I have dressed like Akshay kumar(if I am man) or like Katrina Kaif(if I am a woman)". I dont think Indian market is a perfect place to try these types of experiments.[cry] But its export units' sales may increase by this idea.

In the past LML have also tried similar idea for its Freedom with lots of colour choices, and we all know the consequences.

The graphics which are displayed in the photos by Vibhor are not that catchy to me.I have seen these types of graphics being done only to the vehicles of some auto enthusiasts who are very few in numbers.

Let us hope for the best[:)]

Well no AHI , the situation is changing now actually. If you come to Chennai i can show you atleast 10 cars daily with such kinds of works and most of the cars will have some after-market stickers on their cars , thanks to Fast and Furious and NFS effect![glasses] And its not mandatory either , people in the 30+ age wont prefer such things.

These designs am sure will look much better in the real than the pictures but i don know what effect its going to have on the A-Star sales. If these were provided in Swift it would have been killer![evil]

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team
Yes, and as far as the LML Freedom is concerned, It came with those flashy color combinations as standard across all model range, whereas the A-Star is not.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes in that case i guess the entire sticker has to be changed which would turn out to be even more costly. Still the pricing for this work has not yet been known to us.

Top Bottom