Now Need Advice on Head-Unit

No now you cannot add. For another sub you need another amp which in turn needs an RCA output for better SQ. You may not need another sub now but you never know your future upgrade plans.

Well yeah you can add definitely but then you need to add a 2 channel amp for the front speakers for better SQ. If you don have amp for the front speaker the thump effect will overshadow the vocals in some songs.

For the above setup you need a 3 RCA output HU.

Thread Starter #19
@ cooldhaya but 1 of my friend told me adding another woofer to my amp is not god for my amp. please advice some good 2 and 3 Rca head unit.

Regarding the HU i don know much details. Ilango or Raj must help you on that matter. But i would suggest something Pioneer if you are looking for a VFM product and your budget is tight!

If you are very concerned like that then get a 2 channel amp separately and connect that to a sub. And use the 4 channel amp for the other sub and comps.

@ aditya:

First & foremost, please do not add another sub to your setup until you get your vocals right. I mean, add some good compos in the front powered by a good amp & then think about another sub. whats the point in investing so much money when all you can hear in a song is only "boom boom" & nothing else?!

Secondly, powering two subs from the JBL S644 wont give you the desired output IMO.

Thirdly, i feel the most important thing you are neglecting here is sound quality. All you are looking for is the thump from the music which can be had even with one sub in a proper enclosure.

Also, one more thing you need to look at is the quality of wiring which matters a lot. have you been neglecting that?

So, i think the proper sequence of your upgarde should be-

1) A new headunit: Since you dont need 3 RCA, go for the pioneer 6150 or 4190. I suggest pioneer as its cheaper and it plays damn loud!

2) Front comps: You have a lot of options in this depending on your budget.

While installing the above two, it would be nice if you can take care of the wiring, in case you dont have good branded wires right now. i have 6 AMG Earthquake wiring & Scosche RCA cables in my car right now which costed me Rs. 2700. you can go for 8 AMG which will be cheaper.

Also, i think you have a sealed box for your sub. Am i right? If you want loud bass, go for a ported box. You will compromise on sound quality but the bass will be loud, as you wanted.

you can either get good sound quality or loud bass, choice is yours. i would recommend you stick to the former & hence stick to the present sealed box. Loud bass sounds good initially but eventually you realize you are not enjoying the music & just showing off. a tight kick from a sealed box sounds good in the long run IMO.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
@ Raj

powering two subs from the JBL S644 wont give you the desired output IMO.
OK BUT IS IT HARMFULL FOR MY AMP?

Thirdly, i feel the most important thing you are neglecting here is sound quality. All you are looking for is the thump from the music which can be had even with one sub in a proper enclosure.
MY WOOFER IS CS1204B ITS A JBL WOOFFER WITH JBL'S ENCLOSURE.

Also, one more thing you need to look at is the quality of wiring which matters a lot. have you been neglecting that?

So, i think the proper sequence of your upgarde should be-

1) A new headunit: Since you dont need 3 RCA, go for the pioneer 6150 or 4190. I suggest pioneer as its cheaper and it plays damn loud!
WHAT ABOUT 4290?

2) Front comps: You have a lot of options in this depending on your budget.
I AM ON ULTRA LOW BUDGET,WHAT IS THE MODEL NO. OF YOUR VTRACK COMPOS?

While installing the above two, it would be nice if you can take care of the wiring, in case you dont have good branded wires right now. i have 6 AMG Earthquake wiring & Scosche RCA cables in my car right now which costed me Rs. 2700. you can go for 8 AMG which will be cheaper.
WILL GO FOR GOOD WIRING BUT AFTER SOME TIME M POWER PROBLEM[frustration],ANOTHER PROBLEM IS FAKE WIRING.I HARDLY KNOW ABOUT THEM SO ANY ONE CAN CHEAT ME ON THIS.

Also, i think you have a sealed box for your sub. Am i right? If you want loud bass, go for a ported box. You will compromise on sound quality but the bass will be loud, as you wanted.
PORTED BOX IS VERY EXPENSIVE,SO I WILL ADD ANOTHER WOOFER.

you can either get good sound quality or loud bass, choice is yours. i would recommend you stick to the former & hence stick to the present sealed box. Loud bass sounds good initially but eventually you realize you are not enjoying the music & just showing off. a tight kick from a sealed box sounds good in the long run IMO.[/QUOTE]
YA EVEN I LIKED THE TIGHT BASS FROM MY SEALED BOX,BUT WANT SOME MORE BASS SO MAYBE WILL ADD ANOTHER WOOFER AFTER SOME TIME.BUT BEFORE DOING THAT I HAVE MANY THINGS TO DO.LIKE A NEW HEAD UNIT AND GOOG BUT CHEAP COMPOS.BTW 1 SHOOP KEEPER TOLD ME CHANGING THE HEAD UNIT WILL NOT MAKE BIG DIFFRENCE HE ADVICE ME TO ADD A BASS TUBE FROM JBL FOR RS.4800 WITH BILL,WHAT YOU SAY?

350Z

Core Team
Instead of moving off-topic in other thread, I'm posting the response in this thread which is more appropriate. Please avoid using Caps all times, It literally means shouting if speaking about an Internet forum language, which I'm sure you do not intend to. Thanks for the co-operation.

hey 350Z thanks for reply. so which headunit you are using now?
Currently, I'm using this head unit which is not too advanced either, except for looks. Further information is here.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #25
@350z thanks for replying, i am very new in forums so dont have any idea about Internet forum language.but from now i will be carefull.thanks.

@ Raj
OK BUT IS IT HARMFULL FOR MY AMP?
I dont think so, but you should still cross check with some good installers.

WHAT ABOUT 4290?
its not mentioned in the website, so i dont know its specs. any pio HU with all the features you need is good enough. only the features vary, specs of closely priced models are almost the same.

I AM ON ULTRA LOW BUDGET,WHAT IS THE MODEL NO. OF YOUR VTRACK COMPOS?
its APS-603.

PORTED BOX IS VERY EXPENSIVE,SO I WILL ADD ANOTHER WOOFER.
not really. a custom built sealed box costs Rs. 650 whereas a ported box costs Rs. 1000.

Dont think of adding another woofer before installing comps & amplifying the comps. then for adding another sub, you will need atleast one more 2 ch amp.

believe me, for that loud bass, one good sub in a ported box is more than enough, provided your install is good.

So your ideal setup should be a new HU, front comps, sub in a ported box & a 4 channel amp with good wiring.

instead of wasting money over a new sub, invest that amount in a ported box & good wiring.

if you are going for 2 subs, you will have to go for a very powerful amp too.

YA EVEN I LIKED THE TIGHT BASS FROM MY SEALED BOX,BUT WANT SOME MORE BASS SO MAYBE WILL ADD ANOTHER WOOFER AFTER SOME TIME.BUT BEFORE DOING THAT I HAVE MANY THINGS TO DO.LIKE A NEW HEAD UNIT AND GOOG BUT CHEAP COMPOS.
now you got it right. but if you go through cooldhaya's thread, he has two subs in his verna & still does not have enough bass. so dont think just by adding 2 subs, you will get a loud bass.

Aditya's (renegade) estilo has only one Sub in a sealed box with powerbass amp, pio HU & good wiring, his setup rocks the neighborhood!

BTW 1 SHOOP KEEPER TOLD ME CHANGING THE HEAD UNIT WILL NOT MAKE BIG DIFFRENCE HE ADVICE ME TO ADD A BASS TUBE FROM JBL FOR RS.4800 WITH BILL,WHAT YOU SAY?
PLEASE do not add a basstube. it will just be too loud & boomy, infact sooooo boomy that you wont be able to hear the song. do you want that?

Thread Starter #28
I dont think so, but you should still cross check with some good installers.

ok.

its not mentioned in the website, so i dont know its specs. any pio HU with all the features you need is good enough. only the features vary, specs of closely priced models are almost the same.

can you please define pio hu with "all features" for layman like me.btw i am talking about Deh-4290sd its here DEH - 4290 SD

not really. a custom built sealed box costs Rs. 650 whereas a ported box costs Rs. 1000.

i didnt mean a custom built sealed box,i am taling about jbl-1204br

Dont think of adding another woofer before installing comps & amplifying the comps. then for adding another sub, you will need atleast one more 2 ch amp.

now i droped the idea of adding the 2nd woofer.

So your ideal setup should be a new HU, front comps, sub in a ported box & a 4 channel amp with good wiring.

so now what should be my next step new hu or front comps? i dont want to go for high end comps,what do you say its worth to go for vtrek comps,because my budget is 3k to 3.5k max or its batter to go for a normal 2way speaker from jbl or some other good brand??

can you please define pio hu with "all features" for layman like me.btw i am talking about Deh-4290sd its here DEH - 4290 SD
Features which you need buddy. Like USB, Aux, Bluetooth, etc.

Thanks for the link. the HU is good. it has 2 preouts, HPF/LPF crossover, Sub control etc, so its good. Mind you, with this HU, you wont be able to add another amp in future. even if you do, you cannot control it through your HU.

i didnt mean a custom built sealed box,i am taling about jbl-1204br
yes, a ready made ported box with sub by JBL will be expensive. so if you can find a good installer who has enough experience in making such boxes, go for a custom made box. it will turn out to be cheaper.

If you cant, then its better to stick to such ready made boxes by JBL.

now i droped the idea of adding the 2nd woofer.
in future, if you plan to add an amp for rear speakers or add another sub, you will need a 3 RCA HU, so please keep that in mind.

so now what should be my next step new hu or front comps?
First new HU, then new comps.

Then good wiring & only, even after all this, if you are not satisfied with the bass, then think of porting the box or adding a sub.

i dont want to go for high end comps,what do you say its worth to go for vtrek comps,because my budget is 3k to 3.5k max or its batter to go for a normal 2way speaker from jbl or some other good brand??
It is always better to go for comps. I think you can easily afford JBL comps, you will have to stretch you budget by a few hundred rupees.

Vtrek is good but both Vtrek & JBL are too bright which can be compensated by playing with your HU's equalizer.

Thread Starter #30
Features which you need buddy. Like USB, Aux, Bluetooth, etc.

i just need usb nothing else.

Thanks for the link. the HU is good. it has 2 preouts, HPF/LPF crossover, Sub control etc, so its good. Mind you, with this HU, you wont be able to add another amp in future. even if you do, you cannot control it through your HU.

i dont want to add another amp because adding another amp is not a good idea IMO so i just want to stick with 1 amp and if i add another woofer then i will power them with my jbl 4ch amp and all 4 speakers with hu.

yes, a ready made ported box with sub by JBL will be expensive. so if you can find a good installer who has enough experience in making such boxes, go for a custom made box. it will turn out to be cheaper.
If you cant, then its better to stick to such ready made boxes by JBL.

i am stick to my jbl ready made box but just thinking about a sony box it had a 15 inch woofer.

in future, if you plan to add an amp for rear speakers or add another sub, you will need a 3 RCA HU, so please keep that in mind.

as i said above i wont add another amp i think 2 rca is just fine for me.what you say.

First new HU, then new comps.

Then good wiring & only, even after all this, if you are not satisfied with the bass, then think of porting the box or adding a sub.

i find you a GREAT HELP raj thanks a ton.

It is always better to go for comps. I think you can easily afford JBL comps, you will have to stretch you budget by a few hundred rupees.
Vtrek is good but both Vtrek & JBL are too bright which can be compensated by playing with your HU's equalizer.
what is the mrp.,market price and model no. of basic jbl comps?what is the role of crossovers in comps?is it worth to go for a comps without crossovers? btw what is the mrp of your Vtrek comps?
so many questions i know :stupid:

Top Bottom