Now Indica-XL Or New MPV Coming From Tata?

Thread Starter #1
Now that so many models & variants of Indica have been brought by Tata so far, I could not think of an appropriate title for this thread. [confused]

Check this out. Yet another surprise from Tata being tested. It looks like a Indica XL, but can have 3 row seats as well to make it a MPV on Indigo XL platform. Or is it another Marina?

Tata Indica XL snapped testing - Pictures inside

Re: Now Indica-XL Or A New MPV From Tata?

Oh, its a shocker for me. To me it looks more like a stretched Indica and not an MPV like Marina. Looks like Tata is trying all possible way to shoo off its taxi image!

This is rather look like Indigo eCS front and they are trying to add 3rd row [confused]

Thread Starter #5

Comparing the wheelbase with that of Maruti Suzuki R-III/ Ertiga, Tata should be able to fit in a 3rd row. Hope they are thinking on these lines.

Here is a comparison with the Ertiga:

Attachments

350Z

Core Team

This rather appears to be a smart trick to disguise a car on test by giving it an MPV’ish look. Please check the below image to know why I’m suspecting so. Although it’s purely a speculation right now, but then even Ford disguised the Figo in sedan form while testing it. Remember?

1. Notice the area circled red. It doesn't appears to be flat enough in comparison to the one on its left.

2. We can slightly make out the design of door and windows by closely looking at the picture (Esp. in Post #5).

Tata-Indica-XL-1.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7

Spot on. It seems as if it is made to look like a MPV. But then the question is what type of car is it? It cannot be another Indigo XL. If it is just a long hatch, then it is not required at all. Indica anyways has a very good legroom on the rear seat.

350Z

Core Team

Yes. That’s the million dollar question. May be the longer hatchback with rear makeover?

Drive Safe,
350Z

I think it maybe the replacement for the Indigo Marina,I don't know whether it adds a third row,to make an MPV,but can we expect this at the Auto Expo 2012?

The front looks are exactly simile to Indigo then it might be 4+ meter Indigo version ? C segment ?

Guys, guys its INDIGO e-CS Marina with perhaps a third row and sliding doors[:)].Also it would be under 4 meter so tax benefit would help them price it lesser than competition.[clap]

I don't think it would be lesser than 4-mts, look at the pics it looks very long and i think it would serve well with Cab world,but i am sure that it will be priced less than the competition

Well we saw this test vehicle very closely, when we went to Mulashi On Sunday.Amit was with me in my car, when this test vehicle came from opposite side an passed by, unfortunately we could manage to click it. since it went in opposite direction.Though we discussed regarding it.
IMO it must be face lifted Indigo Marina, or similar to that on Manza Platform, and that's why they are using Indica face openly and hiding the rear part to mislead the competition.

Top Bottom