Non-Running Matiz Due To a 'Leaking' Head?

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAIgers! Hope you are all doing well!
Spotted a 1999 Daewoo Matiz in OLX that's been sitting idle for a long time.The Owner tells me that his current mechanic says he cannot work on this car due to the fact that cab-forward design is a nightmare,Parts are difficult for him to source.etc.The mechanic inspected the car and said that there was a 'water leak' in the head and that's why the engine is not starting,since he said that it's not worth fixing it due to the value (or the lack of it) of the car.The owner wants to get rid of the car but even running examples have little to no takers so he wants to fix them.I have a few doubts here :

1) 'Water Leak" - I'm guessing that there is coolant that's leaking into the cylinder and a simple head gasket change will make the engine run again
2) There could be problems with the valves and the valve seats too,causing the leak - are there ways to fix that,what is the procedure ?
3) There is a crack in the engine head and that's causing the leak - IIRC,Daewoos always had Aluminum heads,so is it possible to fix a crack ?
4) Since the car has been sitting for a long time with a leaky head,is it possible that the engine can develop other issues to weather like heat,rain.etc ? What kind of issues ?

BTW,I can source either a new or used head for the engine,that's not a problem.But just want to know if I can save this car without replacing the head.
Thanks,have a wonderful day!

Top Bottom