Nissan Sunny Road Test Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the wonderful review Cool dhaya.

Nissan seems to have carried all the positive traits of Micra over to Sunny as well. And importantly, infuse some more such as comfortable seats, better VFM pricing & better rear seats etc.

Overall Sunny seems better equipped to take on competitors such as Dzire, Manza & Etios than sibling Micra who is finding it tough going against Swift, i20 etc.

Forget the diesel part for the some time: if we compare only petrol cars than Sunny is a very very sensible buy against likes of Dzire, Manza, Linea, Fiesta Classic etc. I still believe that there is a good market left for a petrol car as well. Otherwise how one can justify the sale figure of City & i20?

One thing that could be the USP of Sunny is its grown up big car look. In India we tend to relate status symbal with the size/looks of car. A bigger car is always a better car :).
Hyundai Accent used it to its advantage against Esteem. From the size/appearance alone, Sunny looks as if it belong to Vento, City segment rather than Fiesta Classic & Dzire segment. And interestingly Nissan is highlighting the same thing by its CAAAAAR campaign.

With good quality, decent engine, unmatched space & comfort, decent equipment level (including safety: lacked by Fiesta Classic), Sunny has covered almost all the areas except dealer support. Without oil burner, Nissan Sunny may find it tough to breach 2000 mark but with increase in dealership & diesel unit, it is potent enough to cross 3k mark.

Forget Dzire & Fiesta Classic, IMHO Sunny is good alternative against Vento TL.

wow what a detailed review guys.kudos! [clap] well i feel sunny interiors arent bad. in pics they are looking soft and beautiful IMO. sunny is also great car but if its good for city driving only then very less people will buy top most varient for 7-8 lakhs!!

That was a neat start Dhaya! [clap]Great review and great selection of words to detail out the Caaar.

Personally, I dont like the 'greige' interiors. They look good in Micra, but in a sedan like Sunny, they should have stuck to beige or black. It just spoils the feel of the car. It looks like a cheap Chinese version of a premium car. Exterior is nice but not overtly classy. Lines are sensible but not overwhelming like Linea or City.
If you ask me, it would be difficult for Sunny to make a good decent market presence in Petrol. We already have great cars in City, Linea and Manza to cater to varied market segments. To top it, the performance of the car comes out to be below benchmark. A T-jet is a better buy any day and an arrow is a car to own! I don't know where Sunny will stand.

Anyway, good job done and those pics have come out nicely. The new DSLR and the cameraman behind the lens showing the true colors [thumbsup]

Re: Nissan Sunny Likes, Dislikes and Ratings

Hi Cooldhaya, Looks like you have started using your new DSLR. [thumbsup]

I some how liked the previous versions of Nissan Sunnys way better than the current one. It used to be my favorite car years back. In fact Esteem and Baleno where sort of look alike of older Sunnys

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
when will the diesel variant come?it will be the best practical sedan.i love the interior space in sunny
Diesel variant is expected to roll out in 2012.

I some how liked the previous versions of Nissan Sunnys way better than the current one. It used to be my favorite car years back. In fact Esteem and Baleno where sort of look alike of older Sunnys
Yes, I also love it if you are referring to this particular model. Here's a picture sourced from Wikipedia.

800px-SunnyN16GamyaTaxiR.jpeg

And some random shots of present Nissan Sunny.

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yea, that is the one I am talking about. Has the complete car look.

The present Sunny somehow resembles the Dezire. The sloping roof, high at the drivers level. Doesn't give a proportional look. Also didn't like the City's 2003's upgrade.

The picture of the rear with the boot open looks like the Dezire.

For me too it looks like a Dezire from some angles.

Back seat looks smaller in width as well as length compared to Manza.

Thread Starter #40
@ Xover I feel Sunny is more comfortable as well as spacious than the Manza. The sloping roof din't cause any trouble even for my height. Yes i have XUV in my mind.

@ Appu Thanks buddy , yeah i agree with you.

@ Nuvo Thanks bro. Sunny is better equipped than Etios and Dzire but Manza has more features i guess. And also Sunny's highway performance is not good enough.

@ Umang Exactly , even i feel the top-end variant is touch over-priced!

@ TheTraveller Thanks bro , agree with you. You really can't compare the T-Jet with Sunny though , T-Jet is a "JET".[:)] Part of the credits to photography goes for my friend too , he also took some of these nice pictures.

@ Highway Ranger Yeah started using the DSLR! I agree with you Sunny looks like Dzire when viewed from the back , i have mentioned it in my review about the same.

Last edited:
So Dhaya what is your take on Sunny. Would you buy Sunny if you have money ? [:)] Because interiors are all round like Micra and I do not like them one bit. Secondly, all are in same light grey shade / light beige (Or I missed something).

Thread Starter #42
Well that's a difficult to answer! First of all i will never buy a petrol car , i don't like entry level sedans too.

Well but if i have to pick a petrol car in this segment i wont buy the Sunny. I give priority to performance more than features so Sunny is a NO from my side.

Well that's a difficult to answer! First of all i will never buy a petrol car , i don't like entry level sedans too.

Well but if i have to pick a petrol car in this segment i wont buy the Sunny. I give priority to performance more than features so Sunny is a NO from my side.
[lol] I knew it and still asked.

Sunny is a great car for people to commute from A location to B location and that is it. Or if you think, a big (long in this car as they are marketing it as a CAAAR) car would bring big image in society. Or if you are looking for the performance, you are probably test driving a wrong car. Correct Dhaya !

cooldhya,

Any updates about diesel sunny ? I know it will be in 2012 but do you have any idea about its specs ??[confused]
I hope it is not the same as micra. It should be more powerful even if it is with 1.5l motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom