Nissan Sunny Launched at Price of Rs.5.78 Lakhs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nissan Sunny Caught Testing (Video and Pictures)

Mods i think the thread title needs a little modification now.

Sunny looks long in this picture! The car is looking good enough , if priced properly they can manage some decent sales just like Micra.

if priced properly they can manage some decent sales just like Micra.
Right. The pricing is the key. If it gets priced in the 9-11L range, then it has to compete with City, Verna, Vento etc. which will be tough. If Nissan can price it in 7-9L range, then it would be worth considering.

A same price of Verna may help but something costlier than that may lead to New Fiesta's fate. [sleep]

Thread Starter #49

350Z

Core Team

I was actually surprised to learn about this sudden event, but Nissan has just unveiled the Sunny in India and official launch will take place during the festive season only. This is the 10th Generation Sunny which is based on V-Platform (V stands for Versatile) and is fine-tuned to suit Indian market. Nissan is looking to target wide range of audience with this car, including, young generation, professionals and families.

Speaking on the occasion Mr. Kiminobu Tokuyama, M.D. & CEO, Nissan Motor India said, “The unveiling of the iconic Nissan SUNNY today reinstates our seriousness on business operations in India. It reiterates that we are as per schedule on our Indian plans including future product launches. Nissan SUNNY highlights the versatility of the global V- platform that allows us to benchmark ourselves with novel design features for the mid-size segment. The vehicle will offer more value to the discerning customer and carve out a niche amidst competition in the fast growing Indian automobile market.

Speaking on the growing Nissan product porfolio, Mr. Dinesh Jain, CEO, Hover Automotive India said, “Unveiling of Nissan SUNNY today could not have been at a better time than this. We have built a robust chain of 40 dealerships nationwide in a period of over one year and we are on schedule to open up 100 dealerships by end of 2012. With a bigger product range now, we will be able to cater to a diverse genre of customers who would be enriched with the Nissan experience in the years to come. It will be our continuous endeavour to provide that novel experience which will benchmark it against competition”

Nissan-Sunny_Unveiling-01.JPG
Mr. Kiminobu Tokuyama – MD & CEO – Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd. unveils the Nissan Sunny

Nissan-Sunny_Unveiling-02.JPG
Mr. Kiminobu Tokuyama – MD & CEO – Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd. and Mr. Dinesh Jain – CEO – Hover Automotive India Pvt. Ltd. posing with the Nissan Sunny

Drive Safe,
350Z

This car looks good and going by numbers, it is 4400+mm long and its wheelbase is a massive 2600mm which is more than the Corolla Altis. US review sites also say that its legroom rivals the BMW 5-er, Merc E-class and Audi A6! So this car is biggg

This car looks good and going by numbers, it is 4400+mm long and its wheelbase is a massive 2600mm which is more than the Corolla Altis. US review sites also say that its legroom rivals the BMW 5-er, Merc E-class and Audi A6! So this car is biggg

Wow now this is some news to me , if its true then its great! I am 6'3" tall and space is one of my top 5 priorities!

Wow now this is some news to me , if its true then its great! I am 6'3" tall and space is one of my top 5 priorities!
It is indeed true! You better check the Sunny once it is launched. Should definitely be accommodating for a 6'3", whether its the front or rear seats

As per ACI review of american Sunny:

1.Ride is comfortable.

2.Handling is decent with good steering feedback & brakes but not a sporty handler by any mean.

3. Dimension wise comparable to City: L/W/H = 4455/1694/1513 mm; for City: 4420/1695/1480mm

4. Very spacious.

5. Engine (107 BHP for India bound 1.5l petrol with VVTI) is average, City's engine is better.

IMHO Sunny if priced lower than City & bang into SX-4 territory, might be a potent force to reckon with . Let's hope Nissan does not do a Ford Fiesta pricing.

Yes they should try to place Sunny lower than City. Else City is going to win surely!

What about the diesel engine?

Thread Starter #58

350Z

Core Team

Nissan India has released a couple of studio shots of upcoming Sunny. And the official teaser website is now online too: Nissan Sunny

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

anks

Suspended

Nissan Sunny is developed by the Japanese firm, Nissan Sunny being the successor of Nissan Micra, a hatchback. Nissan Sunny will come geared up with an engine of 1.5L capacity in both petrol and diesel versions delivering a maximum power of 100 bhp. The new Nissan Sunny has attractive exteriors to draw the buyers.

Attachments

Thread Starter #60

350Z

Core Team

Nissan Sunny is launching on 20th September 2011. The car will deliver the mileage of 16.95 Kmpl.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom