Nissan Sunny 2014 Review & Pictures: Sunny Days Ahead

Thread Starter #31

350Z

Core Team
Re: Nissan Sunny 2014: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

hi 350Z,it is a nice review about the facelifted sunny.
Thanks, Ajay and congrats for Sunny. You could be driven around in this car for hours and still arrive fresh at the destination.

Panic braking response of Sunny is far behind honda.Sunny needs much improvement in this.
That's correct. We've also pointed out the same in our review.

One of my turn off is the JK tyres coming with the new sunny.Even in the top XV model.So thinking of buying Michelin xm2 185/65/R15 or 195/60/R15.
Upsizing the tyres could affect tyre / suspension related warranty. Please be informed about it beforehand.

I dont have a good idea the price of xm2.I need to know about it in advance as i am driving from the showroom straight to the shop to change the tyres.Your suggestions will be very much helpful to me.
Michelin XM2 (185/65 R15) is available for Rs.5,625 per piece in Delhi.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks, Ajay and congrats for Sunny. You could be driven around in this car for hours and still arrive at the destination tireless.

That's correct. We've also pointed out the same in our review.

Upsizing the tyres could affect tyre / suspension related warranty. Please be informed about it beforehand.

Michelin XM2 (185/65 R15) is available for Rs.5,625 per piece in Delhi.

Drive Safe,
350Z
michelin dealer here told they will JKs for Rs.2500/tyre.Is it worth the price?They will exchange it with 185/65/R15
So the price of michelin will be Rs.5600-Rs.2500=3100/tyre for michelin.

^^ JK tyre prices are near rightly quoted, try for 2700-2800/per piece.
On other hand Mich @ 5600 per piece seems to be higher price. Check online and other places.

Nissan Sunny facelift has improved a lot. Black sunny looks nice. Great review and amazing pictures.

A very well written piece 350Z.
I am sure that Andamans really did bring out the best in you.
Your delight has come out very well in the report.
This is as comprehensive as it can get.

I am still quite surprised as to why did Nissan organise the media drive in Andamans!
Would've really blown a hole int their wallet considering the level of expense at Andamans. Nothing comes cheap there except booze and fuel. (Even fuel is edging the polarity with mainland these days).
Even the flight tickets on a best deal would only be a shade lesser than the 5 digit mark.

Very specific and detailed write up with snap shots of each and every part I would say and good comparison with the older Sunny .

Petrol mileage of 21 kmpl is amazing and also the price of CVT is similar to MT ,Generally Auto transmission vehicles are expensive than MT.

hi guys,Booked Nissan sunny XV leather pack in Night shade last week.Might get delivery by this weekend or next week.I booked a tato Nano twist as well.Will update you once i get into the wheels.

Interior changes (specially dashboard and steering) looks really good for this facelift however since there are not major changes in exterior styling, it still carries that bulky design feel at the rear.
Addition of too much of chrome has spoiled the looks IMO. Is it Indians or the OEM's who are Obsessed with chrome, not sure?
Also only the top trim looks feature-full but middle trims looks under featured.

This is one of the most elaborate reviews that i have come across in recent times, impressive i must say. While reading this once I had a feeling that i am riding the car by myself. Every car is precious for their owners and they try to protect them from all odd situations, and the first thing is to get a full prof insurance for the car. It was time to renew the insurance of my swift dzire, when I thought of digging deeper rather than abiding by general obligations. While researching online regarding various kinds of coverages for the car and various quotations I got through gibl.in and it made my search for a perfect insurance very easy, just few basic steps of entering the car model, variant, area, registration and they showed me a list of insurance packages from various insurers, it became very easy for me to choose the policy which provides maximum protection with minimum cost.
I would suggest every car owner irrespective of new or old to check out their car insurance quotations before getting the insurance.

Sitting comfort sunny still has less under thy support than the new honda city.
which seats, front or back?
@350z, Do you agree with above statement AFA front seats are concerned?

Honda is much stiffer than sunny in ride quality.
Again @350z, Do you agree? And how do you rate sunny suspension hard or soft?

Sitting comfort sunny still has less under thy support than the new honda city.
which seats, front or back?
@350z, Do you agree with above statement AFA front seats are concerned?
Sunny's rear seat lack a proper under-thigh support when compared with City

hi guys..my cars (Sunny xv leather in night shade and nano twist in dazzle blue)got delivered and i had a very busy month.So late for the catching up.
Sunny XV premium leather.
Driving is really comfortable and if someone drove Lancer they will surely feel the drive again.
Suspension definitely is very soft(Honda city has a harder suspension than sunny).
One of my turn off was the tire noise that come into the cabin(JK tyres).So i changed it to michelin XM2(195/65/R15).The tyre sound completely gone and i can hear small amount of engine noise if we turn off the audio system.[glasses].People who all are in any other cars in this segment will surely appreciate its ride quality,space and comfort (say rapid,city,verna) make me feel that sunny is the most underrated car i have ever seen.Night time interior ambiance is awesome with front and rear light in addition to two individual reading lights for back passengers.

About tyres.
I planned for michelin xm2 195/60/R15 as i heard a lot about the cabin noise caused by the JKs.When i went to Michelin Authorized Dealer(Travancore Wheel Club,Trivandrum) the guy over there looked the wheel space and recommend me to use profile 65 instead of 60.I was really hesitant whether it will hit the side wall.He assured me that it wont and guaranteed me that he will replace it if it hit.he fixed one tire and checked the tyres.For my surprise it didnt touched anywhere.He told that most of the companies use undersized tyres for their car for price reasons.

Things i noticed while driving
1.When using the indicator, the high beam turns on.
2.When using the single wipe function,the reverse camera automatically turns on for sometime.
I dono whether it is a defect or a feature.
My recommendation.
Company Leather is grayesh with small black spots.My preference is beige.Guys if you like beige go for a leather seat cover.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you guys wanna know more.

Admin:-please suggest me a good optimizer without watermarks so i can upload the images.

it was the second day of our drive that included a lot more steep inclines. Here, having a torquey motor was essential and 1.5L DCi served well.

. Powering this model is Renault-Nissan’s highly renowned and reliable K9K engine with turbocharger provided by BorgWarner. It’s a 4 cylinder, 8 valve SOHC unit that churns out 86 PS @ 3750 RPM and torque of 200 NM @ 2000 RPM.

Plenty of low-end torque is what made it much of a pleasure to drive*

Something that constantly annoyed me while driving the manual variant was a notchy gearshift that often resists slotting accurately.
Which other cars in the competition are better and worst than Sunny in these two departments?

Top Bottom