Nissan Micra XV Diesel Ownership Review: 20 Months (25,000 Kms & Counting)

Re: Nissan Micra – XV Diesel – Ownership Review : 2 Months - 3500 Kms & Still Countin

I am not sure about delhi, but I travel in Pune traffic [from Hadapsar - Kothrud]. If you are aware about Pune areas, this route is also a crowded one.
I mostly travel @ 8:30 AM (to office) and between 5:30-7:00 PM (back home).
Few friends has micra but none reported fe like your not even close that's why I said you might get open road and I have no idea about pune sorry buddy

Thread Starter #32
Re: Nissan Micra – XV Diesel – Ownership Review : 2 Months - 3500 Kms & Still Countin

Nice pics man. Interiors are good and plastic quality looks good as well. Seat cover color choice is good. The glow on engine start/stop button looks beautiful. [:D]

What is the size of boot
Thanks, most of the interior pics were taken yesterday(in hurry). Car wasn't clean from inside, News-papers spread inside during my last long drive with my family were still there.. [;)]
Boot Size is 251 ltrs

Thread Starter #33

Congrat's on your Micra, very crisp writing and very impressive mileage figures can you please share the break-up of the on road cost?
Please find the breakup as below :
Ex-showroom Price - 598208/-
Insurance - 21836/-
RTO - 75403/-
Nissan Accessories - 7468/- (This includes Seat covers, Steering wheel cover & exhaust Finisher)
Extended Warranty - 5578/-
HPA - 100 /-

Total On Road - 708593/-

Discounts -
Nissan Accessories - 7468/-
Corporate Discount - 4000/-

Total Cash discount - 11468/-

Total Cost after Discount - 6,97,125/-

Since I made entire payment on the spot, after hard negotiations got following things as free of cost.
Filiming, Mudflap, Matting & Teflon coating. [:)]

One Query -
When asked about under body coat (anti rust), sales person told that there is already one layer of coat provided with the car, so there is no need to go for anti rust coat (at least for 1 year). He also told that this coat is mandatory for people who mostly drive in sea shore areas because salt content in water is more in those areas. Since there is already a coat provided u don't need to go for it.
But I doubt that he said this because he thought that I might ask this also @ free of cost. [;)]
Do I need to go for anti rust coat ? how much it will cost ? from where to get it done, outside shops or Nissan delearship?

Please find the breakup as below :
Ex-showroom Price - 598208/-
Insurance - 21836/-
RTO - 75403/-
Nissan Accessories - 7468/- (This includes Seat covers, Steering wheel cover & exhaust Finisher)
Extended Warranty - 5578/-
HPA - 100 /-

Total On Road - 708593/-

Discounts -
Nissan Accessories - 7468/-
Corporate Discount - 4000/-

Total Cash discount - 11468/-

Total Cost after Discount - 6,97,125/-

Since I made entire payment on the spot, after hard negotiations got following things as free of cost.
Filiming, Mudflap, Matting & Teflon coating. [:)]

One Query -
When asked about under body coat (anti rust), sales person told that there is already one layer of coat provided with the car, so there is no need to go for anti rust coat (at least for 1 year). He also told that this coat is mandatory for people who mostly drive in sea shore areas because salt content in water is more in those areas. Since there is already a coat provided u don't need to go for it.
But I doubt that he said this because he thought that I might ask this also @ free of cost. [;)]
Do I need to go for anti rust coat ? how much it will cost ? from where to get it done, outside shops or Nissan delearship?
+1 to sandip's question as I was also seriously thinking of considering this under body coat, but have similar question like him
I am not on a costal environment, so is this required
Will it help or further spoil the underbody??
will this control any cabin noise??
Is going to 3M is better than getting it done at the dealer??
is 3M full body treatment is better to remove the very small lines on the body or will such protection treatments lead to any body color fading ??

Thread Starter #35

Just a quick update on Mileage - Since last few days I had decided to check 100% city driving mileage. Guess what, Mileage came out to be exactly 23.07 Kmpl which is quoted by Nissan. [clap]
I had done tankful 4-5 days back & tripmeter was set to zero, since then I had driven 192 Kms in Pune city with around 50% AC, yesterday I again did tankful. (fuel filled 8.32 ltr.)
So Mileage came out to be 23.07 Kmpl. (at that time MID was showing 25.2 Kmpl)

Just a quick update on Mileage - Since last few days I had decided to check 100% city driving mileage. Guess what, Mileage came out to be exactly 23.07 Kmpl which is quoted by Nissan. [clap]
I had done tankful 4-5 days back & tripmeter was set to zero, since then I had driven 192 Kms in Pune city with around 50% AC, yesterday I again did tankful. (fuel filled 8.32 ltr.)
So Mileage came out to be 23.07 Kmpl. (at that time MID was showing 25.2 Kmpl)
It's the second best small Diesel Engine in our country,the mileage figures which you are stating on consistent basis is a testimony to that.

Thread Starter #37

+1 to sandip's question as I was also seriously thinking of considering this under body coat, but have similar question like him
I am not on a costal environment, so is this required
Will it help or further spoil the underbody??
will this control any cabin noise??
Is going to 3M is better than getting it done at the dealer??
is 3M full body treatment is better to remove the very small lines on the body or will such protection treatments lead to any body color fading ??
Can anyone please update on underbody coating? Is it really required?

If you are in a high humidity place like mumbai(coastal) - then underbody coats helps, the benefits in terms of nvh is negligible really though the 3m guys keeping selling it this way.

Its basically like having a tar/rubber coating underneath - now you can guage for yourself whether your driving practices need it or not.

To be honest most new car owners do it more as a peace of mind (its a mental tick in the box)

That was an excellent and detailed write up [clap]

I learnt from your review that it's is a very FE car!! I always liked Micra for everything except for the feminine look :sorry: (my personal opinion though) Since i'm planning to change my ride this year, will definitely consider the Micra.

Hi Sandy,

Many many congrats on your Micra, your review was directly from heart nice write up.

I guess the FE factor played important role and it's working. I always find Chevy Beat and Micra are the two cars having most unorthodox look which attract many buyers.

The mileage is just outstanding [clap] People from te-bhp have also reported 30+ kmpl !! So the micra is the most fuel efficient diesel !!

My situation: 25-30 kms per day. Will keep for 15 years [glasses]

Currently fixed on Brio S(O) at 5.47 lakhs. Like the micra but no ABS [frustration]

So the big question: What should I buy ?

Thread Starter #43

That was an excellent and detailed write up [clap]

I learnt from your review that it's is a very FE car!! I always liked Micra for everything except for the feminine look :sorry: (my personal opinion though) Since i'm planning to change my ride this year, will definitely consider the Micra.
Thank you Mr. Ash. Yes, FE is biggest plus point of micra. After buying Micra, I have almost stopped driving 2 wheeler & there is not much difference in terms of fuel bills.
Regarding looks, Its really different, few people love it few people hate it. I was OK with its looks and my wife just loved it. [:)]

Thread Starter #44

Hi Sandy,

Many many congrats on your Micra, your review was directly from heart nice write up.

I guess the FE factor played important role and it's working. I always find Chevy Beat and Micra are the two cars having most unorthodox look which attract many buyers.
Thank you ERTIGA_ZMR for your wonderful wishes. Yes, FE played a very important role in deciding the Car.

Liking a car based on looks are always subjective. And I love this car for the FE figures it provides. Just one word. Brilliant. [clap]

Top Bottom