Nissan Micra Road Test Drive Review

a very nice review with a wholistic view of the car Zinam! Can't wait to read the review of diesel Micra.

was a wonderful car. thanks for the ride man!

Re: The Automotive India Star Ratings

Nissan said it will launch Automatic Transmission Micra in India.
It has now a Supercharged Micra 1.2 (97BHP, more mileage 24.3Kmpl in other countires) to be unveiled on March 3 in Geneva Autoshow.

Will Nissan release Micra Dig-S Automatic version in India?
It helps buyers looking for good AT hatches

Re: Nissan Micra Road Test Review

Keyless entry:

The Key you see above has a range of 1 meter (3 feet) fromm the car. You just need to carry the key in your pocket. You have buttons on both front doors & even in boot. Just press & pull the handle, It will unlock!! Just easy isn't ?
I still did not get the use of this iKey. Is it that one should have the key in his pocket but will not have to take it out to lock/unlock? [confused] If so, is it that useful?
Also if one is standing with the key near the car in that range, the car effectively will be in unlock position.

AMG

Suspended

The price hike is applicable for both the petrol and diesel models of the Nissan Micra starting from 11th April 2011. The price hike is maximum to the tune of 2% and the petrol version would have its price hiked by 0.5% (Rs 2,500) whereas the diesel one would have a price hike by 2% which amounts to Rs 11,170.

Source: Indian Drives

350Z

Core Team

Nissan has now silently upgraded the Micra: This car now comes with a few minor features such as louder horn, new rear seat support and PureDrive badge.

Nissan-Micra-Diesel-PureDrive.jpg

Nissan-Micra-rear-seat.jpg
Source: Indian Autos Blog

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nissan, in its quest to strengthen its position in the small car market, is developing a stripped down version of the petrol Micra. Currently, the prices for the Micra start at Rs 4.21 lakh for the base XE variant and the stripped down version (internal code G02A) is expected to cost around Rs 50,000 less.

The Micra, in its petrol guise, is currently available in three variants. The base XE variant comes with body-coloured bumpers, tilt steering, an engine immobiliser and a driver airbag. To help cut costs, Nissan may opt to leave out features like the driver airbag, steering tilt-adjust and digital clock that are currently available in the base XE variant. Also, the adjustable head rests for the front seats will be replaced with the cheaper, fixed-type design which we have seen on cars like the Etios

The sub-4 lakh Micra will help Nissan compete against the likes of the Hyundai i10, which is available at Rs 3.65 lakh. (All prices, ex-showroom, Delhi). The Nissan Micra G02A which is expected to go an sale by April 2013 should boost Micra volumes (currently hovering around an average of 1500 units a month) considerably.

Cut-price Nissan Micra to target Hyundai i10 | News | Autocar India

Please move this post to the appropriate place if required.

The car looks cute. Everything seems circular. From the shape of the car to the door handles and buttons, everything is circular. The Start/Stop button is a first in its segment. Nissan could have priced it better. The top-end model is overpriced.

My sister is now upgrading from her 5 year old Wagon R. The choice was between the Figo and Micra. I said strictly no Marutis. Budget was around 5 Lakhs. Ford had some excellent deals on the pre-facelift Figos but only Diesel. She took a TD of the Micra and liked it. The XE is 481599 OTR in Goa and the XL is around 5.5L. The initial offer was 10K cash discount and 10K exchange bonus. They offered 1.65L for the Wagon R (will complete 5 years on Mar 31st and has already done 58K kms). The car has quite a lot of rust inside the bonnet and in the engine bay. Externally looks fine. Today they said prices are gone up by 6K but they said they would compensate by offering free insurance instead of 10K cash discount. By evening they changed the offer. 50K exchange bonus and nothing else. Looks like a good deal. Besides the Wagon R has 5 years NCB so I can save around 8K on insurance. Hearing this my sister said she can even go in for the mid variant. What would be a better option? XE (plus after market power windows and remote locking) or XL?

Go for mid variant, after market power windows come with its own share of niggles. If possible go for all OEM stuff. XL [clap]

Go for mid variant, after market power windows come with its own share of niggles. If possible go for all OEM stuff. XL [clap]
Looks like that's what I'll do.

XE
==
Ex Showroom: 427754
Extended Warranty: 5266
Logistics & Handling: 6000
Insurance: 15919
Road Tax: 28116
Basic Accessories: 4999
====================
OTR: 488115
====================

Extras
--------
Cental Locking: 8157
Power Windows: 14000
Handles & Mirrors paint: 4500
ICE (Outside fitting): 15000
====================
Total Extras: 41657
====================

Discounts
------------
Insurance: 15919
Exchange Bonus: 50000
====================
Total Discount: 65919
====================

Effective Price: Rs.463853/-

XL
==
Ex Showroom: 490919
Extended Warranty: 5266
Logistics & Handling: 6000
Insurance: 18070
Road Tax: 31955
Basic Accessories: 4999
====================
OTR: 557206
====================

Extras
--------
Handles & Mirrors paint: 4500
====================
Total Extras: 4500
====================

Discounts
------------
Insurance: 18070
Exchange Bonus: 50000
====================
Total Discount: 68070
====================

Effective Price: Rs.493636/-

The effective difference in price is Rs.29783/-

For this I get a rear wiper which cannot be fitted aftermarket. But I get the power windows and central locking factory fitted as opposed to dealer fitted in the XE. I also get a factory fitted integrated stereo as opposed to an aftermarket one of my choice. However my sister is not an audiophile and does not mind the OEM stereo.

I would strongly stress on buying XL variant. One more advantage of OEM stuff is that chances of warranty void is not there. All the best mate to you adn your sis for crunching happy miles in your new Micra.

350Z

Core Team

Hearing this my sister said she can even go in for the mid variant. What would be a better option? XE (plus after market power windows and remote locking) or XL?
Go for XL. Sounds to be a nice deal. There’s little price difference and it’s worth the features on offer. You could even negotiate more (include the rear view mirrors / door handle painting or extended warranty). Nissan is also running Gold scheme this festive season. This link has more details. BTW, What is the Wagon-R’s variant?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Go for XL. Sounds to be a nice deal. There’s little price difference and it’s worth the features on offer.
We've now decided on the XL. However the XL is only available in Silver. The XE is available in Orange and White. My sister liked white and orange. The dealer said that orange is available at the factory and can be arranged in a few days.

You could even negotiate more (include the rear view mirrors / door handle painting or extended warranty).
I'll try and push for that.

Nissan is also running Gold scheme this festive season. This link has more details.
Will check it out.

BTW, What is the Wagon-R’s variant?
LXi

Top Bottom