Nissan’s Upcoming Compact SUV ‘Terrano’ Unveiled (Coverage: Page 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nissan To Launch Rebranded Duster in 2013

man nissan duster looks more appealing than renault's
sure to give tough competition to SUV market with that price tag

Nissan has officially confirmed that it will launch the Duster SUV under its own name and badge (code: NH79) as part of the cross-badging arrangement between Renault and Nissan in India. Until now, Renault has borrowed Nissan products (Micra and Pulse), tweaked the styling marginally and sold them under the Renault brand (as the Pulse and Scala respectively). However, with the Duster, it will be the other way round and this hugely successful SUV will be the first Renault (Dacia) product to wear a Nissan badge in India when it goes on sale, possibly by the end of 2013.

Speaking exclusively to Autocar India, Colin Dodge, Nissan’s executive vice-president said that Nissan’s version of the Duster will go beyond badge engineering. “We’ve got quite a differentiated car and the differences are far more significant than on the V-platform products (Micra/Pulse and Sunny/Scala). The hood and the fenders have differences and the bumpers are different too. But it’s more than just a bumpers and grille change for sure,” said Dodge.

Nissan is hopeful that its version of the Duster will outsell Renault’s as it is likely to be cheaper (if the hierarchy between the two brands is followed) and because the Nissan brand is currently stronger than the French brand in India.

According to sources, Renault could delay the sharing of the Duster with Nissan until 2014, as this SUV is seen as the ticket to building Renault’s brand presence in India. Renault sold over 4,000 Dusters in September and sales are likely to further increase going into the festive season.

SCOOP! Nissan confirms Duster-based SUV | News | Autocar India

Attachments

Folks

Who cares if parts sharing is a Good practise or not. Let us leave it to the manufacturers ro fight that out

At the end of the day, it is the end user and Mango Man (Aam aadmi) who benifits with immense choice, variety and beneifts - Then all that is being done is OK as per me

We as end consumers should be spoilt for a lot more choice in India

Nissan is hopeful that its version of the Duster will outsell Renault’s as it is likely to be cheaper....
Am i reading it correctly? With the price of the Nissan badge SUV lower than the Duster, i am sure that it would be the next best seller of the segment and of-course an additional choice for the prospective segment.

Renault could delay the sharing of the Duster with Nissan until 2014, as this SUV is seen as the ticket to building Renault’s brand presence in India.
This is one phrase which i dont like

Duster buyers will be [frustration] once they see Nissan selling same stuff for atleast 1L cheaper !! [lol]
And who cares whether its Renault or Nissan, both don't have much brand name in any case. [lol]

Duster buyers will be once they see Nissan selling same stuff for atleast 1L cheaper !!
And who cares whether its Renault or Nissan, both don't have much brand name in any case.
and also by the time Nissan Dusterr comes out, the initial niggles from Renault duster would have been resolved. So more existing users [frustration]. [lol]

Nissan Duster coming soon in facelift.

Hi buddy . I have i good news to all NISSAN DUSTER lovers. There is a facelift coming soon in DUSTER.
For more details check the below given link.

Nissan-Duster-version-front.jpg

Nissan-Duster-version-rear.jpg
Source: Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Nissan Duster coming soon in facelift.

Hmm, if that is going to be true, then the face lift looks awesome buddy !! I like it in new Avatar

Whats happening with Nissan Duster???

Am a newbie to this forum and here is my first post after my introduction [:)]

Am just curious enough to know as to what is happening with the Nissan's version of the Duster? No one has seen any test mules of the same as i havent seen any scoop pics so far? Do anyone here in teh forum have an update...or is there anyone who is working ofor Nissan here [thumbswink]

Heard from a person working in Nissan that Nissan's version of Duster is not decided yet as they are struggling to meet the demand for the Renault Duster.Not sure how authentic this information is as we have seen some 3D scoop images of the modified duster earlier. Since we have not seen any spy images of car testing, it makes me feel the information is true. Any other updates from anyone else in the forum?

The Nissan Version of Duster will be called X-Storm. not sure how true it is. Can someone vouch for this? Am in the market for my second car and Ecosport and Nissan's Duster are in my priority listing and hence any info will definitely help. With mixed reviews on Ecosport , i feel i should wait for Nissan's Duster (X-Storm) to Launch to decide further. so far no spy pics is a[frustration]

Most likely this car will come either during Diwali 2013 or early next year. Some friends at Nissan suggest it will cost between the 2 duster models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom