Nissan’s Upcoming Compact SUV ‘Terrano’ Unveiled (Coverage: Page 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nissan’s Upcoming Compact SUV ‘Terrano’ Unveiled (Coverage: Page 6)

Alright guys here's the brochure for the Nissan Terrano. One of my friend booked it today in "Blade Silver" color by paying Rs 50000.

Attachments

Vibhor is on a media drive of the Terrano at Udaipur and has informed that the countrywide launch shall take place in the second week of October 2013.

Expect a first hand driving impression of the Terrano soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #110
Overall, the Terrano is a good attempt by Nissan to make its mark in the hugely popular compact SUV segment in India. The styling changes made by Nissan may only be only be skin deep, but they really help the Terrano stand out from its Renault-badged cousin. We expect Nissan to price the Terrano’s lower-powered 84bhp diesel version at around Rs 9.15 lakh, going up to Rs 12.83 lakh for the 109bhp XV Premium version. The petrol, meanwhile, should start at around Rs 8.39 lakh. At these prices, the Terrano will make an attractive addition to the burgeoning compact SUV segment.
Nissan Terrano 2013 | Cars First Drive | SUV/Crossovers | Autocar India

I got a call from a Nissan dealer about 15 minutes back, the sales exec told me about the launching date of Terrano (2nd week of October) and asked me if I am interested in pre-booking the vehicle. He also told me that the TD car will be available in the showroom by last week of September and he will inform me once the TD car is available.
For anyone interested in pre-booking a token amount of Rs. 51,000/ is required and the amount is 100% refundable. The expected date of delivery of the pre booked cars is November last week or December first week.

I somehow like the proactive nature in which Nissan is trying to get back to the customers [thumbsup] Only thing that is a downer here is that the Duster's cousin is not actually premium (No ACC or No steering mounted controls) but still the expected price is on a higher side than Duster.
The other worrisome stuff is after sales service of Nissan, I live in Noida and the closest Nissan service center is good 20+ Kms from my place I mean now even Audi, BMW, Mercedes have a showroom less than 6 Kms from my place in Noida itself.
Somehow even after this proactive stuff I am bit apprehensive on buying Nissan vehicle, maybe I am wrong but that's how I think right now.

Commando Vibhor penetrated deep inside the Nissan defences and got these snaps depicting the versions of Nissan's secret weapon.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team

Thanks Sam for sharing prompt updates. We’ve driven all three versions of Terrano. In short, it is a true blue cousin of Renault Duster. Details coming up in our review.

Nissan-Terrano-Review.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

That front view looks more appealing than the Duster and if priced bit competitive, it can again eats away the 7 to 10L urban SUV segment for sure

That front view looks more appealing than the Duster and if priced bit competitive, it can again eats away the 7 to 10L urban SUV segment for sure
Actually let me add here

Just pricing it 7L to 10L is not enough.

1. Ensure they have enough production capacity & only take bookings giving proper delivery timeframe in writing.

2. At the base version if they cut too many features then again its useless to the customer frankly!

3. Let there not be a huge difference between the topend & base version, like twice the amount etc. This sends the wrong signals to the customers!

4. Don't fluctuate the price sharply after people have booked!

What I am trying to say is apart from the price the customer & market needs to be handled well else the hype/craze will go down as fast as it picks up! The ES series of events that occurred over the past few months should be something to learn from for new "hot" launches!

Eagerly waiting for the TAI review of the Nissan Terrano. When will that be ready? Losing patience[;)]

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually let me add here

Just pricing it 7L to 10L is not enough.

1. Ensure they have enough production capacity & only take bookings giving proper delivery timeframe in writing.

2. At the base version if they cut too many features then again its useless to the customer frankly!

3. Let there not be a huge difference between the topend & base version, like twice the amount etc. This sends the wrong signals to the customers!

4. Don't fluctuate the price sharply after people have booked!

What I am trying to say is apart from the price the customer & market needs to be handled well else the hype/craze will go down as fast as it picks up! The ES series of events that occurred over the past few months should be something to learn from for new "hot" launches!
+1
Considering the situation now I think,
* Pricing should be between Duster and Ecosport
* Interior quality should be better than both Duster and Ecosport
* Come out with the plan, have centralized booking and price protection for what ever the number of cars booked initially.
* As suggested by you, the narrow the price band, this makes sure the 'segment' is defined. Don't make it overlap different segments, specially upper segment will not be happy.
* Train and monitor the dealer behavior by being in direct contact the the customers.
* Show that Nissan, takes care of the customer than dealer, considering the Ecosport episode that will add value to Nissan brand.

I think all the above doable, But needs a strong management team to be action by the Nissan. If they dont, they will have a tough time as Duster is still selling good(Thanks to Ecosport marketing and handling) and still lot of people booked Ecosport and ready to wait indefinitely even though price goes up!

Wow! That screen-shot of the front end of Nissan Terrano posted by 350Z is absolutely brilliant. Loving this shade of grey on the Terrano. Surely a more stylish looking SUV than the old school Duster. Regarding contemplating for it to be priced in 7-10 Lacs bracket. Well even if Nissan wants to price it that way, they can't because of the pact signed between Nissan-Renault. Nissan Terrano will be priced 50-75k above Renault Duster for variant to variant. I expect the Diesel range to start from 9.3Lacs ex-showroom. At this price point, it surely won't get massive bookings like the Ecosport did, but it will do fairly well in the market considering it has a slightly better finished cabin and better overall styling than the Duster alongside the good ride and handling characteristics which are carried straight from the Duster.

Regarding giving price protection to the early buyers in case they have a huge rush of bookings, will surely be more than welcomed. But I don't see any price hikes happening for this car till say the new year as it will be priced a tad higher than its direct competitors from Day 1 itself.

Waiting eagerly for the TAI's comprehensive review on the Nissan Terrano. Feast us with lots more pics like the one above 350Z. [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom