Nigerian Great Spamming Now Hits Car Sales!

Thread Starter #1
Earlier today I was looking for used car on quickr.com and came across a AD which said Toyota Camry 2009 model only for Rs 3,00,000. I got suspicious and emailed the seller. The response I got see below:

Dear Rasghu,

I'm in the reciept of your mail.

I am Dr. Jaydeep Bapat, an India Citizen from Pune, Living in London. I am the Senior General Sales Manager Impex Freight Services Ltd -Shipping Agent & Freight Forwarders Company, United Kingdom.

The Car is a 2008 Model Toyota Camry, Hybrid Version of Toyota.

Impex Freight Services Ltd -Shipping Agent & Freight Forwarders Company will deliver the Car directly to your contact address at India.

We are offering the car at the price of INR 300,000.00 (Indian Rupees) Equivalent to GBP 4200.00 (United Kingdom Pounds).

View the Attachments are the Car, Registration Documents i.e Proof of Ownership, Insurance, License, Road worthiness and below are the Details of the Car for your reference.

Vehicle Details.

Mileage 23432
Chasis No. TC88566643
Year 2008
Make Toyota
Vehicle Certified
Vehicle Plate No. E668 LND
Model Camry Hybrid
Engine code 33 2.4L/654
Trans Automatic
Ext. Color Ash
Int. Color Ash/Black
VIN# TT1HM46K88U243333
Model Number 7833
Doors 4
EPA Highway 31
EPA City 21
Engine Block Type I
Engine Aspiration Type MPFI
Engine Cylinders 4
Engine Displacement 2.4L
Transmission Description 5-Speed Automatic w/OD
Transmission Speed 5
Fuel Type Petrol
Drive train FWD
Wheelbase Code 295.2

Options:
Excellent condition, accident free ,full option, A/C, abs, anti-theft warning system, Central lock, Cruise Control, electric seats, fog lamps, keyless entry, CD Player, CD Changer, Sunroof, Driver Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag On/Off Switch,Side Air Bag, Side Head Air Bag, Rear Head Air Bag, A/C, 4-Wheel ABS, 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, Cruise Control, Rear Defrost, Child Safety Locks, Four Wheel Drive, Auto-On Headlights,Daytime Running Lights, Power Door Locks, Power Driver Mirror, Pass-Through Rear Seat, Power Steering, Adjustable Steering Wheel, Tires - Rear All-Season, Compact Spare Tire, Power Windows, Intermittent Wipers, Power Passenger Mirror, Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers, Steering Wheel Controls, Auxiliary Pwr Outlet, Vehicle Anti-Theft System, Auto-Off Headlights, Driver Vanity Mirror, Passenger Vanity Mirror, Front Reading Lamps, Driver Lumbar, Emergency Trunk Release, Remote Trunk Release, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Wheel Covers, Steel Wheels, Brake Assist, Auxiliary Audio Input, Standard Grade Package, ENGLAND EMIS, Floor Mats.

N/B: I will hand over to YOU all the Original Hard Copies of the Car Registration Documents, Shipping Document and Customs duty and Customs Clearance Documents of the Car.

This documents entities you as the legal owner of the Car.

Awaiting your Earliest Response to proceed further.

Regards,
Dr. Jaydeep Bapat
Senior General Sales Manager
Impex Freight Services Ltd.
Office Address: Lonsto House 276 Chase Road
London N14 6HA United Kingdom.
Home Address: #13 Edgeware London United Kingdom.
Email: [Removed]
Can anyone confirm if this is real or reel? I feel its a scam!!!

Screen shot 2010-08-27 at 12.34.24 AM.png

Screen shot 2010-08-27 at 12.36.11 AM.jpg

Screen shot 2010-08-27 at 12.36.58 AM.png

Screen shot 2010-08-27 at 12.37.25 AM.png

Hello Ragha2010, Some things fishy here.
Don't ever go for that deal.
You might later repent for a mistake.
What it looks to me is a forged document of someone.
You have many other options of used cars in Bangalore only.
Better stay away from this deal.

Hey Ragha, you're not the only one to receive this notorious e-mail. This is very obviously a SCAM, and a very big one at that. Remember, NEVER fall for such offers.

I have a series of doubt
1.can we really import used cars?
2. Is he looking for the car to be used here or abroad?
3.How could any one send this much of amount without knowing the pre history of the company dealing with it?
4. Documents can be easily prepared nowadays even we get doctors and engineers who had never crossed 10 class.[lol]
5.Or am I missing something?

I have a series of doubt
1.can we really import used cars?

4. Documents can be easily prepared .[lol]
1. Yes. Provided you pay customs duty and such.
2. If that were so, there wouldn't be so many Rolls Royce, Jags, Beetles, Miatas and such rotting at Mumbai Customs for the past 10+ years.

350Z

Core Team
I understand your curiosity but if I were in your place, I’d have never even bothered to mail to get details for such advertisements where they appear to be fly-by-night. Moreover, when the car is not in India, why consider going for one? Remember, the used car market is one of the trickiest to deal with and it’s important to be wise enough before a taking step. If you are actually looking for second-hand long luxury car, under limited budget, then you can try getting a (Old Gen) Sonata in similar range. Also check this thread for more: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...cars-under-rs-10-lakhs-boost-your-status.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

This could be a Spam. Why not mail the company directly to confirm that their General Manager name is Jaydeep Bapat?
Your reply is similar to the post that is on this page
2008 Toyota Camry For Sale from Used Cars for Sale, Automobiles| Khulna, Bangladesh
It says country is Bangladesh, State Khulna(which i found out is the largest City in Bangladesh) and City is London(Since when London became a part of Bangladesh?)

Top Bottom