Nice Non-Automotive Videos!

Nairrk

Honoured Member
It is said that parents would go to any extent to make their children happy. Meet Arun Kumar Purushothaman, a man from Kerala who has built a mini auto rickshaw for his two kids. Arun Kumar who is working as nurse in Kerala’s Idukki district has built this auto rickshaw so that his kids could play with it. Without any further ado let’s take a look at the video first.

First of all, this mini auto rickshaw looks exactly like a minuaturised version of a normal Bajaj RE auto.

kerala-man-kids-auto-rickshaw-1.jpg

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
The Indian roads often see bizarre incidents but this one is like no other. In a recent incident in Gujarat, a monkey got stuck inside the bonnet of the Maruti Suzuki Swift. Here is a video that shows the monkey being rescued.

Read:

Freak and comical to see the langur stuck that way.
Great work by the rescuers and also the owner of the car who let his car get damaged,
seemed to me that the car was new looking at the Swastik symbol on the bonnet.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Our roads are filled with uncertainties and anything can happen while behind the wheels of a vehicle. Stray animals are among the biggest threat as they can appear suddenly and cause accidents. In fact, a lot of bike and car accident cases happen when the vehicle tries to save any animal that has come in front of them.

The video below portrays a similar example of how things can take an ugly turn because of these stray animals. Take a look at the video now before we discuss any further.

truck-cow-featured-768x399.jpg

Read:

Assuming it can be refined into a practical EV (electric vehicle), if the person turns his hobby into a commercial venture for mass production he can compete with some of the big EV manufacturers in India.

It is said that parents would go to any extent to make their children happy. Meet Arun Kumar Purushothaman, a man from Kerala who has built a mini auto rickshaw for his two kids. Arun Kumar who is working as nurse in Kerala’s Idukki district has built this auto rickshaw so that his kids could play with it. Without any further ado let’s take a look at the video first.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mercedes SUV saves a stuck Bharat Benz truck

Not every hero wears a cape, some of them own Mercedes SUV and help others with it. This Mercedes GLE owner apparently offered help to a truck driver who was stuck in a roadside pit. Adding flavour to the whole situation is the fact that the truck here is also a Bharat Benz one, so that’s more like cousins helping out each other. The truck seen here weighs many times more than the Mercedes SUV but the SUV’s powerful engine doesn’t even break a sweat while winching out the hefty truck. The SUV is powered by a 2.2-litre 4-cylinder engine that produces a maximum power of 201 Bhp and 480 Nm, which provides enough torque to engage in such rescue missions.

Source: Cartoq.com

Nairrk

Honoured Member
This Dubai-Based Sheikh has Built a 10-Wheeled Monster Truck Called Dhabiyan - Watch Video

Dhabhiyan.jpg

Instead of a mediocre LS swapped JDM car, Sheikh Hamad Bin Hamdan Al Nahyan of the United Arab Emirates has built his own 10-wheeled truck that can eat difficult terrains for breakfast. For a lot of people, this might not be a surprise considering that this Sheikh, for his wedding got Mercedes-Benz to make an S-Class that is painted in shades of Rainbow. Intriguing indeed.

Read:

Another link I came across sometime ago - and this one is like a nostalgia trip! As a boy growing up in the late 50's & early 60's I would often come across steam driven road
rollers at work in my native Allahabad (now Prayagraj). And this link by the 'West of England steam engine society' took me back more than half-a century :-

Very nice video. rare to see such engines all lined up and climbing the hill. Thanks for sharing [cheers]
My pleasure Nairrk! Here's another fascinating video of a scale model live steam locomotive up & running! What splendid hobbies people have - my own was Meccano modelling (I had progressed to the point making a working model of an open differential with the Gear Set "A") till I joined the engg college - and then it all came to a stop. I am now trying to resuscitate the dead horse!

The following video is apparently of RC models - I was informed of this by a member in another forum when I posted it just now. Even so it seems unusually realistic!
"
" - MIG-29 VECTORED THRUST DEMO -2
And if our IAF has the MIG-29 (as I believe it does), would it really have this capability?

Top Bottom