Next Land Rover Defender To Share Revised Aria Chassis Parts

I am apprehensive because I adore LR like anything & dream to own a LR one day... And if it has parts designed, approved & controlled by TATA, then LR will lose it's credibility over time.

By the way, your initial posts says that LR will borrow parts from TATA, so it's LR's parts that will lose quality, not TATA's parts that will have improved quality. What's the use of having a separate QC panel, in the end, TATA is the owner. I just hope TATA maintains LR as a separate brand, even though it own LR.

Thread Starter #17
^^^^

In future there will be heavy collaboration btw tata and LR, especially their Indian operations.

LR and tata will share not current but a completely future developed chassis/other component parts.

So fear not relax.

On a different note I too love LR cars alot and hope they continue their upsurge for eons.

I still feel that LR & TATA should be two different entities, that is, to protect LR. Of course, TATA can benefit from the technical know how of LR for their cars but sharing parts is a bad idea...

If TATA shares parts designed by LR, then it's good. LR has been known for its quality, luxury & reliability. TATA's parts & quality control wont do any good for LR IMHO.

I think, setting up a plant in India might help bringing the cost down. But then, that should be run by LR directly.

From what I read, Mr Tata said nothing about LR using Tata's parts. But the next-gen LR defender platform could be built in India to save cost on labour intensive BOL chassis. And the next-gen Aria and Safari using parts from it.

Thread Starter #20
I think, setting up a plant in India might help bringing the cost down. But then, that should be run by LR directly.

From what I read, Mr Tata said nothing about LR using Tata's parts. But the next-gen LR defender platform could be built in India to save cost on labour intensive BOL chassis. And the next-gen Aria and Safari using parts from it.
Very well said dear.Defender will share revised Aria parts, which of course would be revised by Land Rover themselves.

One more thing because of Tatas' acquisition of JLR these iconic British brands have literally become house hold names in our country.On my recent visit to Ranchi, I saw around 2 Freelander doing around 150 on the newly built 4 lane highway(Ours is a small/poor state).What I am trying to say is that Tata-LR partnership may not work in America but in India better synergy btw these two would do wonders for them.If Tata starts to manufactuer entire JLR range in India and price them well, it could give BMW a run for its money,IMHO.

Top Bottom