Next Generation Renault / Dacia Logan Caught Testing

Thread Starter #1
A new generation of the cheap-and-cheerful small family car is on the way. The majority of low budget, no-frills, affordable European cars can be traced back to the launch of the Dacia Logan in September 2004. It received a facelift four years later, and it seems that we'll soon be seeing the next generation model.These are the very first photos of the next-gen Dacia Logan, which will start off as a four-door sedan based on the Renault Fluence's platform. Effectively that means it will marginally grow in size and also get more modern engines, gearboxes and chassis.

However, it will still be one of the cheapest cars around.Owner Renault has also said that the new Logan will get a modern design to make it even more attractive, which shouldn't be too much of a challenge.According to Renaults chief of design Laurens van den Acker, most people today buy a Logan because of the price, but it's hoped the next Logan will be bought because of its looks.The new Logan is expected to debut as a concept in Paris later this year with the production car to be unveiled in Geneva in March 2013.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
According to Renaults chief of design Laurens van den Acker, most people today buy a Logan because of the price, but it's hoped the next Logan will be bought because of its looks.
If that happens, Logan should become one of the overall worthy cars in its segment. Half of the buyers do not even consider it for the lesser features and boxy design.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
Since it will based on Fluence platform, I am hoping it to be more competitive when it comes to handling. Europe is in deep financial mess and i am sure in time's like this they would surely appreciate cheap and cheerful car like this.

Thread Starter #6
All-new Logan & Sandero leak out ahead of Paris 2012

Dacia is ready with the comprehensively redesigned Logan and Sandero for Paris motorshow launch. With the new models, Dacia did a Polo and Vento combo.

The front fascia of both the cars is similar but has absolutely nothing in common with their respective predecessors. The grille resembles the Duster and has smart looking headlamp unit on either side. The flared front wheel arches nicely blend into the bumpers giving the cars a macho look.
There is a slight hint of the old Logan around the A and C pillars, but one cannot term the newbies as boxy.

The rear of the cars, just like the front, is completely new. That said, the Logan 2 has a short overhang and the boot is still a little boxy when viewed from rear quarter angle. The elements of the wrap around tail lamps could have been nicer.

The interior of both the cars are same and borrows bits like steering, AC vents and gearknob from the family members, the Dacia Lodgy and the Duster. The layout is new and the 7” multifunction touchscreen system signals the departure from B-Segment.

The duo will continue to use the time proven 1.5 DCI unit developing 75Bhp or 90Bhp. New to the table is a 900cc 90Bhp three cylinder turbo petrol motor which is Renault’s answer to the Ford EcoBoost.

Read more: 2013 Dacia Logan & 2013 Dacia Sandero leak before Paris 2012

Attachments

I travelled in a Mahindra Logan taxi yesterday and I have to say that it is one of the most underrated cars just because of it's looks.

The car was nearing 5 years and had run 3,00,000 kms[surprise]. There was no rattle and noise was also well controlled. Unless one looks at the odometer, one would hardly realise that it's a car that has covered so many kms.[thumbsup]

I also got to know from the driver that the company "Meru " is also bringing in Dzire and Etios into their fleet.

Thread Starter #8
I travelled in a Mahindra Logan taxi yesterday and I have to say that it is one of the most underrated cars just because of it's looks.
Nothing can come close to the value which Verito provides,especially on the engine front it can take any kind of abuse and it will still chug along, the next gen logan pictured above will be based on the current Fluence platform which means it can take bigger Engine, it will be more roomier and sturdier, hope Renault bring's it to our market(but they already have Scala sitting in that bracket).

Nothing can come close to the value which Verito provides,especially on the engine front it can take any kind of abuse and it will still chug along, the next gen logan pictured above will be based on the current Fluence platform which means it can take bigger Engine, it will be more roomier and sturdier, hope Renault bring's it to our market(but they already have Scala sitting in that bracket).
if i am not mistaken it is the same engine albeit in a different state of tune.

although the 1.5DCI was put in the fluence only for reduction in duties for the fluence i suppose

the last set of pics definitely looks much better to compete with the likes of the rapid. if only mahindra could adopt the newer logan [roll]

Thread Starter #10
although the 1.5DCI was put in the fluence only for reduction in duties for the fluence i suppose
There is no reduction in duties on Fluence since it does not fall under 4M. 1.5dci Engine is manufactured locally by Reanult-Nissan alliance hence they plonked this engine with higher state of tune on Fluence but still they couldn't price it competitively that's a real shame.

Thread Starter #12
This looks like Etios (front and back)

Either Toyota looked at Dacia while designing a low cost car or Dacia copied from Toyota.
I would prefer this model design wise over Etios(no offence meant to Etios owners),design is such a subjective thing[embarass]

Russia – Domestic market Renault Logan to sport mild cosmetic differences

The 2013 Renault Logan is on the verge of going on sale in Brazil and Russia.The Dacia version made its world debut at the Paris Motor Show last year. Soon after, the Renault badged version entered Turkey, albeit calling itself the Renault Symbol.

For Brazil, Russia and Ukraine (already launched), Renault prefers the ‘Logan’ nameplate. However the Logan for Russia would have mild differences in design compared to the Dacia Logan or the Renault Symbol.

The trial production of the sedan appears to have commenced at AvtoVAZ’s Togliatti plant.

The Russian spec Logan boasts a new front bumper which offers more chrome than the Logan that was launched in Ukraine. The shape of the foglamps are different and they are surrounded by a set of bigger chrome finished enclosures which are bridged by a chrome strip. This new front bumper has certainly improved the appeal of the Logan’s front fascia.

The Russian Logan is expected to be powered by a 0.9 litre turbocharged petrol engine which generates 90bhp, or a 1.2 litre petrol engine that is capable of 75bhp. Both manual and automatic transmissions are likely to be offered.

The Renault Logan is expected to be launched in Russia either by the end of 2013 or in the beginning of 2014.

Renault Logan to have mild differences in Russia

Attachments

Top Bottom