New Wagon R with K-Series, Review on Pg. 12!

350Z

Core Team
There's a another but un-clear spy shot of New Wagon-R in Latest ACI issue, This time the launch date isn't mentioned but hopefully car should be out by March.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yeah. My mom is hell-bent on purchasing the Wagon R. People hate boxy looks, but mom tends to like it, as it makes the interiors quite spacious and the rear windows bigger. I hope this revamped Wagon R is better than the previous version, as it looked too staid. I want it to look much more stylish, because once i am 18, i will have to take over the mantle [:D] and thus want something with incredible street cred.

WagonR and Stylish. Its far from any style IMO.
Its just a practicle vehicle, but nothing great in it. I am sure in coming days wagonR sales will fall. Maruti has same engine in almost all cars, swift, a-star, ritz, estilo, and now wagonR and i think swift will take all the sales for maruti.

I think the Wagon R sticks to the agenda it has been given, comfortable motoring. You want stylish, look elsewhere.
And I think it does that job well!!

No RSM.

I dont beleive it.

Maruti still has loyal customers & so, Wagon R is topping the charts!

I hope you see Wagon R still in top ten & its no way going to decline.

Example - My friend's father booked an Wagon R inspite of many warnings given by me. I suggested him lot many cars.

I told him wait for few months & take K-Series, but he doesn't want to :) He got his Wagon-R finally.

SO thats the way people trust Maruti & I'm sure its not going to change anymore!

New Wagon R from Maruti by April 2010- Maruti has chalked out its release of new Wagon R in this April, phasing out the existing one. To cost Rs3.3 lakhs, the newer version will be equipped with more space, a new K series 1lit engine. The current model is offered with a discount of Rs25000 (at the price range of Rs3.15 lakh-Rs4.5 lakh) and is offered in three variants. Source-Vicky.in

ilango[speed thirst];15435 said:
exterior is refreshing .
interior is cool.
yes the wagon r needs a change
It does not require a change, it requires to be retired. The Ritz is it's replacement. The Wagon R was sold in Europe as the Opel Agila with minor changes. Guess which vehicle the new Agila is based on?

I think the difference in the engine capacities will keep the Wag R and the Ritz in different categories.

I think the difference in the engine capacities will keep the Wag R and the Ritz in different categories.
Exactly. The Wagon R is intended for the lower end of the hatch market, whereas the Ritz is positioned as a more premium hatchback. Moreover, these two cars will have a capacity difference, as the Wagon R will have a 1.0 L three-cylinder K-Series engine as opposed to the Ritz's 1.2 L refined K-Series four-cylinder engine.

motorbeam
Maruti Suzuki will finally launch the much awaited Wagon R facelift in April this year. The new Wagon R will sport the 1.0 liter K-Series engine which does duty in the A-Star. This engine is not only fuel efficient but more powerful too. Along with the engine upgrade, the company will also facelift the Wagon R with new exteriors and interiors (similar to what Botox does to you). Prices are expected to start at 3.4 lakhs (thanks to the increase in excise duty).

Last edited:
Yup.
The mounting for mirrors are moving back to the glass area, that was always an eyesore in the last versions.
And a nice difference in the rear quarter glass!!
But it still looks like a Wagon R, any angle!!

I bet this one will not come here now because facelift spy shots indicate different thing!!

Top Bottom