New Wagon R with K-Series, Review on Pg. 12!

I can't give any clues on it at this point of time!

Stay tuned & we will bring in suprises as expected :)

350Z

Core Team
Maruti To Release New Wagon-R In March 2010

Maruti Suzuki will launch a new and updated model of the Wagon R in March 2010. The new model comes as a part of Maruti Suzuki’s efforts to upgrade its models according to Bharat Stage IV norms. MSIL is aggressively working on defending its 50 percent market share in the country by revamping and rejuvenating its existing models. It has already launched two new models A-star and Ritz that come with new BS IV compliant K-series engine. The new Wagon R model will not only be powered by the same K-series engine but will also be available with CNG option.

Apart from the new engine, it is also rumored that the new Wagon R will also be revamped completely inside out. It will feature new and better exteriors and upgraded interiors. The top end variants are also expected to feature ABS and airbags. New exteriors include complete new front facia as well as new head lamps and tail lamps.

There is no official information from MSIL regarding new model of Wagon R. An MSIL spokesperson has earlier commented, “We have exhausted our quota of new cars with eight new launches in India in the past three years. Now we are looking at strengthening our leadership by refreshing our old portfolio."
Source: Cartradeindia.com
Drive Safe,
350Z

Good to hear that it would be just a facelift. Hope they have shaped it better than before.

Its futuristic indeed, but the gear lever is automatic, i dont see possibilities of this one coming here.

evrything looks awesome. gear lever will surely be not on the dash for the manual. maybe the same position is for the AT. and something is wrong with the speedo i think.it just shows 140? my alto itself has a 180 marking!!

even i was wondering about the same? Is it the interior of the new wagonr or that of the 660cc alto(Astar) about which we discussed in the forum few days back.

350Z

Core Team
Which Should be the New Wagon-R?

Autocar India claims this to be the New Wagon-R (Which I seriously hope shouldn't be!).

Though the Body Stlye remains same but the Smart looks are missing. The headlamps and grille look very old school designed but the one in picture below looks much more chic, Isn't it?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Arun

Suspended
Looks good. I like the second one. The boxy body type will mean more headroom for backseat passengers. If this gets the "national" 1.3 engine, I'd love it. :biggrin:

Ugly..The only feeling i get after seeing "would be" WagonR. They had better kept the exteriors untouched rather than ruining it like this. I dont like the 2nd one either, but better than the the 1st one. Its seems Maruti designers are getting back to their BOXY designs.

350Z

Core Team
Please Welcome the *NEW* Wagon-R

Maruti is loving to consumers shocker news one after another. It all started with Eeco which is just a minor facelift of Versa and now so called "New Wagon-R". Well, This is how it will look like -

The Wagon R from Suzuki is the best selling Maruti after the Alto. Through these years, the drive for such high volumes has not been due to its power or pickup. Forget diesel, we have not seen powerful petrol engines on this hatchback and what we’re about to get this Auto Expo is exactly that.

Thanks to Overdrive magazine, we’re able to understand how the facelifted Wagon R will look like. We’re not sure if Maruti began work on this model before the Estilo facelift was launched. If so then Maruti placed all the eggs in one basket.

Lucky for them the Estilo facelift clicked.

One need not be a car enthusiast to spot Wagon R’s resemblance to the new Estilo. With the same 1.0-liter 3-cylinder K-Series engine, the Wagon R is expected to be quicker and quirky. Swept back headlamps, circular indicator housing and chrome finishing spruce up looks.

We don’t expect the interiors to be entirely different. The ride and handling should stay the same just like they did on the revamped Estilo. We’re happy with the outcome of the new Wagon R, but we sincerely wished to see the JDM Wagon R which looks modern.
Source: IAB
Drive Safe,
350Z

I guess th Auto Expo will reveal all!
With the new engines to be timed for the coming emission norms, I guess all facelifts will be matched with that, and not just the Wagon R, and other Maruti models, but other manufacturers also.

Top Bottom