New Wagon R with K-Series, Review on Pg. 12!

I like the name blue eyed boy!! Pricing also looks very competitive!! Though the interiors looks Swift like , they are very much better than the one present in the current model!!

The Hatch segment heats up!!

Competitive pricing ... they could have made one improvement and that was to have a 5-door centre-locking.
But amazing package otherwise.

@350Z- Doubt cleared.
Now we have a tough competition ahead between Figo,WagonR and Beat to see and needless to say all 3 are VFM packages.

350Z

Core Team
sadly, it comes with a 3 cyl engine. why not a 4 cyl one seen in the ritz?
Ritz certainly has more power but I believe this has been done intentionally by Maruti to maintain the distance between both of their models.

ilango[speed thirst];29870 said:
I like the car much.
for its pricing , figo base petrol must be 10 to 15K lesser than that.
No, Figo LXi starts from Rs.3,49,000 where as New Wagon-R base LXi is priced at Rs.3,29,000 only. (Both Ex Showroom New Delhi)

---------------------------------------------------

I went to check New Wagon-R Today, and first of all must mention that it is a big leap of improvement over previous model. Maruti Suzuki has tried to add up-market touch where ever possible that too keeping the costs in check. While running on roads, For casual observers, The New Wagon-R will look just another regular model because the body structure remains almost same but those with sharp eyes will right away notice the difference. Speaking about differences, The actual show is inside the car because complete fascia of dashboard has been replaced which looks fabulous, even those who are buying base power-steered LXi won't be much disappointed due to no such major apparent changes and quality levels are same but again top-end is a top-end, Where you always get a lot of attractive stuff which results that in the evening you end up driving out a VXi when you planned to purchase LXi. :biggrin: Like previous Wagon-R, There are no complaints of space, starting from cabin to boot, there's enough of it considering a family of 4-5 and their luggage. Along with all this, There are cup holders in front, which are neatly integrated onto the dashboard like ashtray, Also, I ain't sure if this was in previous model as well but all doors actually open as wide as 90 degrees! All in all, I'd say this is yet another success story from MSIL and needs no further introduction. The families suffering from new car dilemma, who kicked out Wagon-R due to other new players around whose looks made earlier model dated, It is time you must strongly consider adding back to list because this is one of a best deal available around. Let us now enjoy some High-Res pictures.

DSC01154.jpg

DSC01153.jpg
Above: Maruti APV like front looks, which appears mainly due to bold headlamps design.

DSC01155.jpg

DSC01156.jpg
Above: Note the new position for "Wagon-R" fonts.

DSC01152.jpg
Above: Base LXi Model isn't feature loaded as VXi but still has some charm inside.

DSC01149.jpg

DSC01150.jpg
Above: No Tachometer for base LXi/Lxi range.

DSC01157.jpg
Above: Very nicely integrated push-type cup holders come standard and are available on both sides.

DSC01160.jpg

Below: Complete price details. Extended Warranty will cost Rs.2,500 bucks extra.
DSC01163.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

3.29L base wagon r is lx without power steering na.

so the lxi of wagon R and lxi of ford figo is almost same.

I like the heavy built of the ford though!
No idea about the performance and maintance cost.

But its a maruti here , defenetly cheaper than ford though ford claims they have reduced them!

350Z

Core Team
Yes, but still it seems that the new Wagon-R will soon have long delivery wait list like siblings.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes, this looks to be a very good upgrade. There was a risk for Maruti to touch its best selling car, but looks the change will fetch more customers.

hey guys, thanks for full launch coverage and this short and sweet review. waiting for TAI's official road test now. I agree with RSM that it was a risky job for Maruti to touch their hot seller but somehow it wasn't performing so good thesedays, especially after beat and even maruti's own Ritz! but maruti has thrown the life back into wagon-r now so no doubt it will create all buzz again!

Good photos 350Z!! But the speedo console is looking very ordinary and plastics of the cup holder also look like cheap quality!

But overall better than the previous model and is definitely a good car for first time buyers!!

350Z

Core Team
Those pictures are of LXi variant which doesn't even offers a Tacho but VXi is loaded and has really attractive looking instrument cluster.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I visited the MS showroom last evening to check out the new Wagon R, and oh boy is it an improvement! Never expected to see MSIL improve their product so much. I was expecting the car to be uncomfortable, narrow and cheap like the older version, but i was in for a big surprise. Firstly, the car looks way better and more upmarket now, especially in the Breeze Blue shade. The exteriors also look much better in the flesh than they do in the pictures. I was expecting cheap interiors, but a surprise there as well. The dashboard and other interior bits are well built (though not very good). The car seems to have lost some of its easy-to-use nature because of the raised dashboard, which might create a problem for shorter drivers as there is no seat height adjust available, even as an option. The seats are pretty comfy (just the right amount of firmness) and the driving position is good as well. The biggest surprise was the rear seat. I could fit three adults at the back (read:comfortably) for the first time, though it wasn't as spacious as an Indica Vista or even a Figo for that matter. The rear legroom is surprisingly good though. The biggest disappointment however was the boot space, which has now shrunken to a measly 180 litres, and seems inadequate. The salesman, suprisingly, was pressuring me to go in for the normal Vxi variant (not the one with the airbags). He said, Sir, these "phichar" (feature) are not needed in the city. The Vxi also has a rear "defodder" (defogger), what more do you want? (I was already ROFL'ing by then). However, all in all, it seems like a very capable and competent city hatchback. Watch this space for pictures and a very detailed TD report soon [;)]

It will take even more time now for Dad to make a decision [frustration]

Top Bottom