New Tyres for My Scorpio - Update: Yokohamas Purchased!

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys, my old scorpio GLX non-CRDe is due for a tyre change now. its odo reading is 1.8 lakh kms.

please note that the older scorpios used to come with 15 inch wheels & not 16 inch wheels (does that matter?)!!!

i have no idea about good tyres except that michelin, yokohama, etc are some premium brands. can you help me select a good tyre for my scorpio?

priorities are-
1) good life
2) low tyre noise
3) good ride comfort
4) white lettering on its sidewalls! (i would not prefer to paint it aftermarket)

i do not need AT tyres as there is no plan for any off roading. at the same time, please do not recommend softer compounds as roads in kerela (especially where my scorpio goes) are pretty bad.

the car came shod with bridestones which was replaced with MRF in 2006.

Simple
in which you were satisfied ?
brigestone or mrf?
If both means buy the cheaper one.

I think this non crde one must be your 2nd car or the one which you dont use often.

napster

Suspended
get MRF wanderer, i liked those tyres, drove them on my friends scorpio, good for off roading too when compared to other tyres, MRF factory was not manufacturing tyres from the last 2months i guess, i heard those people were on strike or something, so just findout if your getting tyres, else go for yokohama

go for yokos or wanderers as both are good ones and capable to handle bad roads as well.How about geolanders, but are they good for off roadings more?

Thread Starter #5
ilango[speed thirst];4157 said:
Simple
in which you were satisfied ?
brigestone or mrf?
If both means buy the cheaper one.

I think this non crde one must be your 2nd car or the one which you dont use often.
i am satisfied with MRF actually, but wanted to try something new, read better!

the non CRDe is the car i use in my native actually.

get MRF wanderer, i liked those tyres, drove them on my friends scorpio, good for off roading too when compared to other tyres, MRF factory was not manufacturing tyres from the last 2months i guess, i heard those people were on strike or something, so just findout if your getting tyres, else go for yokohama
MRF wanderer, any idea on its pricing?

any particular model name of the yokohama tyre?

napster

Suspended
ill ask my friend who got his wanderers and tell you by tomo,
let me know your tire size and ill tell yo uthe model in yokos

Thread Starter #12
Yeah man!! saw your pictures looking awesome!!!
thanks buddy.

cool,
any updates on the price and your experience with them?
price is around 22,000 for set of 4 including installation.

in my short drive, i could only feel that the ride was softer compared to MRFs & steering feel was a bit better.

Thread Starter #15
@ vijay: thanks buddy.

@ CC: yes, i had enquired about the MRF wanderer & it was cheaper than the yoko, i guess. but i am not sure by how much. and michelins, i believe, will be more expensive.

Top Bottom