New Tyres for Alto Lxi

MICHELIN XM2 or BRIDGESTONE TURANZA ER-60?

• Total voters
Re: Michelin XM2 or Bridgestone Turanza ER60?

I plan to change the tyres 145/80R12 of my Alto LX. I have shortlisted Michelin XM2 and Bridgestone Turanza ER-60. Although I prefer XM2, some online reviews say that their sidewalls are not tough and are susceptible to damage if we hit a pothole or stones. Whereas ER-60 is ideal for Indian conditions, tough, but lacks the comfort and ride quality of XM-2. My conditions are: should have comfort, good road grip in wet/dry conditions, less noise and fuel efficient. XM-2 is quoted at Rs.3000 and ER-60 at Rs.2900 per tyre at Kochi. Which one should I prefer?
I dont have Experience with ER-60.

Right now I'm using 175/70/R13 XM-2 in my car A-star upgraded from the stock JK 155/80/13.
Comparing to JK, XM2 is really silent and gives a very comfortable ride quality.

Ya the side walls are very soft, in order make it a bit more stiffer I use 40/38psi for the front and rear tires respectively. So if you are going for XM2 try increasing few more psi from the recommended range and find the appropriate psi for your driving style.

Re: Michelin XM2 or Bridgestone Turanza ER60?

I plan to change the tyres 145/80R12 of my Alto LX. I have shortlisted Michelin XM2 and Bridgestone Turanza ER-60. Although I prefer XM2, some online reviews say that their sidewalls are not tough and are susceptible to damage if we hit a pothole or stones. Whereas ER-60 is ideal for Indian conditions, tough, but lacks the comfort and ride quality of XM-2. My conditions are: should have comfort, good road grip in wet/dry conditions, less noise and fuel efficient. XM-2 is quoted at Rs.3000 and ER-60 at Rs.2900 per tyre at Kochi. Which one should I prefer?
My car runs on Xm2 155/70-12 and am satisfied with its comfort and grip level and i feel its enough for alto.Go HERE and HERE to see pics of XM2 in my car.

Top Bottom